Canada vs USA - Thursday May 8th in Winnipeg

Date: Thursday May 8th

Time: 7pm local (8pm Eastern, 5pm Pacific)

http://canadasoccer.com/canada-s-women-s-national-team-to-open-2014-home-schedule-against-usa-in-winnipeg-p155876

Tickets go on sale on sale via Ticketmaster on Friday February 14th. For the game last year in Toronto there were pre-sales for twitter followers.

Voyageurs section:

WINNIPEG_IGField_Seat_Map_620x660.jpg

EDIT: The CSA says the Voyageurs section is 144

Any Blue Bombers fans out there? Which side is the main broadcast camera(media centre) on?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I know is there will be a good sized group of Sask Vs heading to this one. Some from Saskatoon, some from Regina, and some from other areas of the province. Hell I might even be able to pull a PAer there with me, he'll teach everyone how to both talk like you're from PA and how to stab someone outside a liquor store.

Play the Americans in one of the G[X]A's (GTA, GVA, GMA, etc) and you get a lot of red, white and blue in the stands. Should be interesting to see how that play's out in the Peg.

Too bad it's not the 28th of October against the Germans instead of BC. They may play through the Winter but they ain't seen Portage and Main 50 below.

I intend to confirm with the Bombers org

It would be brilliant if you could do that.

Now I believe (somebody correct me if I'm wrong), that since this is a fairly new stadium that opened in 2013, we have yet to play a game (CanWNT or CanMNT) here. So we don't have a designated/usual Voyageurs section for this stadium yet. Once we know where the cameras are, then we can decide where to be!

Pleasantly surprised by home much attention this has gotten the last couple of days both at work and amongst family & friends. Surprising since I've seen no mention of it anywhere in the local press (admittedly not exactly looking though) and the persons I'm referring to aren't exactly the usual footie suspects. It's kind a nice.

Really is quite a sharp stadium and think we're going to find it's very well suited to soccer. Disclaimer; Have to wait and see how the pitch plays though.

Should be fun. Thursday shouldn't be a crowd killer for those looking at travelling. Early May can be absolutely brilliant out this way, or a real disaster, but the venue is quite immune to the weather so that's not going to be a game breaker. I fully expect (know) the local youth clubs and footie community at large are going to dive in behind this event 200%. That alone will make it a success.

Need to find my scarf.

Looks like they put us in section 144!

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-s-women-s-national-team-vs-usa--p155851

Based on what we believe so far:

Looked into it a bit further and I am 80% sure of the press box being where I said it was in my earlier post.

I'll let those attending decide if the section is good or if we should appeal to have it changed.

Section 144 is just about the worst fcking seats in the house. That's exactly where Man U. (and all other teams who know what they are doing) stick the away fans.

I would normally say that behind the goal is the best place for a fans' section but Investor's Group field is a CFL sized surface and therefore much longer than a football pitch - hence there will be a big gap between the goal and the fans behind the goal, greatly reducing the desirability of that location (unless they don't centre the pitch on the surface). A much better section would be 129 behind the players' benches. That's where I'm going to sit anyway. I'll aim for Section 129 rows 10-12 to get a decent view of the other side of the pitch.

Note: If we want the cheaper seats, I'd suggest Section 126 (or 133).

111 or 104 I would consider better than 126 or 133 (assuming the camera is on the West (Ken Ploen Way) side) because that way we are on TV and get to promote ourselves and showcase how fun a soccer game can be. We really do look impressive on camera.

Unless we already know which side Canada will be sitting on, the bench side section is a 50/50 guess anyways.

And tickets are now on sale! You must use code "CANWNT" as per tweeted by @CanadaSoccerEN

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11004C4A811E87DE?did=canwnt

But, the tickets in Section 144 can not be purchased today, even with the pre-sale code. Are these going to be handled directly through the Voyageurs like last June in BMO or are we completely on our own again like last October in Commonwealth??

Jamie?? Anyone??

Well this is strange. I went on to the ticketmaster site to get some tickets in the designated supporters' section and it seems that I got the last 5 tickets. I purchased them using the interactive seat map and they were the only ones available. Did they really sell out that fast or did a bunch of people (potentially not aware of what the section is intended for) see 'Canadian Supporters Section' on the website and snap those tickets up? If anyone from Winnipeg has any info on this it would be nice to know.

There was a bit of an incident in Seattle where a woman and her son bought tickets in the designated supporters section and then were very surprised by the drum, flags, etc. As far as I know they just thought that it was an area for Canada fans. On the site for Winnipeg tickets, there was no real mention that this section was specifically for standing, chanting, flags, drums, etc and I am wondering if it might end up being a bit of a conflict.

Hoping someone has some info to be able to clarify.

Edit: Last 5 tickets in 144.

On the positive side it looks like the entire lower bowl is almost sold out. Wow.

Impressive! There are scattered singles throughout the touch lines, and plenty of tickets remaining behind the nets. It seems that have block off quite a few sections, half of both endzones and all but five in the entire upper bowl. We will likely see more sections open as tickets are sold. Sell this out pegger! CSA keep milking the cash cow CMWT!

Investor Group Field is a beautiful stadium, would really be something with some natural turf or removable football lines.

Actually it said 18,000 tickets requested. How many sold wasn't announced.

Yes I saw that too but assumed it meant sold. Maybe this isn't the case. However, based on the seat selection chart on the ticketmaster website almost the entire lower bowl is sold (except for the endzones). That's pretty good for the first day of sales.

Archived