Montreal Impact 2014 roster thread

Alberto7

Good Bye and Good Riddance to Hernan Bernardello. Did Cruz Azul watch how he played for the Impact for the last year? Maybe if he is surrounded by a lot of other better players he can be an effective role player but very disappointing in Montreal. A hard working physical defensive midfield with little technical ability, poor passing, poor ball control and very little vision and tactical awareness. We don't need a South American DP for that, we can get a similar American for under $100 000. Shows how poor Nick De Santis and the Impact staff are at evaluating a player's actual ability as opposed to just judging them on where they have played.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aparicio played 428 minutes in 8 games so far and scored once, Messoudi only played 13 minutes in the Canadian championship and nothing in NASL.

I didn't see where Messoudi would get his minutes here or in Ottawa. The reserve team only has only 9 games this year and the PDL team is an amateur one. 

I guess I know why we have stacked the team with defenders with 6 on the pitch last night to end the match and 2 on the bench. No but why are Danso and Lopez with this team as it appears Klopas has no intention of playing them. Would be nice to know what the playing status is on all the players missing from the line-up.

• 4 weeks later...

Three things.

1) They have signed Gagnon-Laparé as an Academy player (although that's old news)

2) They have traded Nyassi to Chicago for Dilly Duka

3) They have a big press conference in less than 12 hours. I'm sure that if it's what we're hearing is true is that many Impact supporters will be happy about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived