Montreal Impact 2014 roster thread

Alberto7

Here's my Montreal starting XI for the first game knowing that Di Vaio (suspension) and Lopez (injury) won't play.

Perkins

Brovsky Ferrari Ouimette Camara

Bernier Bernardello

Nyassi Felipe Mapp

Wenger

You have this on the bench

Bush Lefèvre Tissot Smith Warner Mallace Messoudi

That team is weaker than the team last year.

This team is a last place MLS team. It would challenge last year's DCU for worst team ever and that is not even counting possible injuries. Even with Di Viao replacing Wenger this would be a last place team.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team is a last place MLS team. It would challenge last year's DCU for worst team ever and that is not even counting possible injuries. Even with Di Viao replacing Wenger this would be a last place team.

I don't see how that team will compete for a playoff spot. If they do make it, I'm pretty sure that Marco Di Vaio will win the MVP.

Assuming DiVaio will not likely replicate his great year last year, where are the goals going to come from? Bernier and Mapp? We'd better get alot of penalty kicks, and play against a lot of inexperienced D that back up too much at the edge of the box, respectively.

Assuming DiVaio will not likely replicate his great year last year, where are the goals going to come from? Bernier and Mapp? We'd better get alot of penalty kicks, and play against a lot of inexperienced D that back up too much at the edge of the box, respectively.

We need a minimum of 2 more strikers at least one of whom has to be an established striker with a consistent scoring record.

I saw in another thread that he's signed for a Moroccan club.

I'm not that pessimistic at all. They have a core and I for one have definately not given up on Wenger. Yes he had a tough year but so what? He's still a class player and if he won't succeed at MI he'll probably be worth something to another MLS club so they can get their (other) strikers.

I saw in another thread that he's signed for a Moroccan club.

I'm not that pessimistic at all. They have a core and I for one have definately not given up on Wenger. Yes he had a tough year but so what? He's still a class player and if he won't succeed at MI he'll probably be worth something to another MLS club so they can get their (other) strikers.

Reda Agouram signed with a Morrocan club. He was not much of a goal scorer for us, Gerba was. I don't know what happened between him and the club but he would have really helped us in the last two years because we after Di Viao we have not had anyone even close to his level as a striker.

Where do you live and how many Impact games a year do you watch to make statements like not being pessimistic about the present roster and having not given up on Wenger? I attend every game and would be extremely pessimistic if we do not make some high quality signings. I am hoping we will but if we proceed with similar signings to last year than I am very pessimistic. And Wenger has some ability but I think anyone who has attended the games and seen him missing 100% chance after 100% chance has lost all hope for him ever being a striker. I don't think he could score on an open net. He had 1 goal in 24 games and even that goal was a deflection that bounced off of him into the net (in a game where he had already had 3 or 4 sure chances). He is getting outscored by defensive defenders like Brovsky. I think most of our defenders would make better strikers than he is. Possibly he could be converted to another position but I do not see him as having much future as a striker.

Reda Agouram signed with a Morrocan club. He was not much of a goal scorer for us, Gerba was. I don't know what happened between him and the club but he would have really helped us in the last two years because we after Di Viao we have not had anyone even close to his level as a striker.

My bad. I was too quick on that one.

Wait, sorry Mike, but if Keane and Cahill were 23 years old, would they want to come to MLS?

In this hypothetical are they Canadian, playing in Uruguay, and twice capped by the 112th ranked team in the world (who scored one goal in the calendar year of 2013)?

Did a move from South America (to a weaker MLS) hurt Freddy Montero? Juan Toja? Jamie Moreno?

Diego Fagundez IS Uruguayan and there's fears that his (MLS developed) talent might end up playing for that nation one day rather than the United States.

Anyways, I take your point but my point was about the way too many continue to grossly overrate Canadian players on this forum. I hope Cavallini does well, continues his growth as a professional, and eventually makes major contributions to the national team. But the idea that he should stay away from MLS if he could get a good contract here? Crazy.

I just don't believe that the player wants to come when he can stay in Montevideo and start for an average Uruguayan league team. He wants to play every week. It's not like he wouldn't start for Montreal. He would be the Impact's second striker, but would he be starting week in week out? I don't know. But at Fenix, he will do that and get opportunities to score goals. He'll be at the right level this Winter.

The Impact has also drafted George Malki from Cal Poly. I don't expect him to make the club to be fair

It did trade an international spot to Dallas to get Miller so it shows that they really liked the player to trade an international spot. Though they got one back from DC United.

Happy about Rivas. When healthy he has played exceptionally well. He is very intimidating as well. Yes he fouls but you take that with the package deal. The red in the playoff game was about him starting before having a chance to get his timing back. Dumb decision by his superiors as much as by him. Personally I believe if he stays healthy he'll start at CB over the season.

Happy about Rivas. When healthy he has played exceptionally well. He is very intimidating as well. Yes he fouls but you take that with the package deal. The red in the playoff game was about him starting before having a chance to get his timing back. Dumb decision by his superiors as much as by him. Personally I believe if he stays healthy he'll start at CB over the season.

if being the key word.... the odds of that happening? 2 seasons of being injured plagued. i think being stuck to death by bee or me shagging kate upton has better odds.

I am mixed about this. Rivas was very impressive during the short time he played in his first year with the Impact, one of the best defenders in MLS. He also was not very expensive. He is basically a good Serie A defender in the prime of his career. However, the reason he is cheap and the reason he is not playing in Serie A anymore is he is injured all the time. 12 games for the Impact in 2 years. If he is still pretty cheap like his last contract maybe it is worth taking a chance on him because if he can stay healthy he will be a steal but we sure better have good cover for him in case he gets injured for all or most of the next season.

The Impact has also drafted George Malki from Cal Poly. I don't expect him to make the club to be fair

It did trade an international spot to Dallas to get Miller so it shows that they really liked the player to trade an international spot. Though they got one back from DC United.

I think they liked his generation adidas contract as much as they liked the player. Should provide some salary cap relief as well. Klopas has a good track record in Super Drafts, hoping he's found a few more gems.

I am mixed about this. Rivas was very impressive during the short time he played in his first year with the Impact, one of the best defenders in MLS. He also was not very expensive. He is basically a good Serie A defender in the prime of his career. However, the reason he is cheap and the reason he is not playing in Serie A anymore is he is injured all the time. 12 games for the Impact in 2 years. If he is still pretty cheap like his last contract maybe it is worth taking a chance on him because if he can stay healthy he will be a steal but we sure better have good cover for him in case he gets injured for all or most of the next season.

When on, Rivas is a beast. The club really has very little to lose, if they factored in his injury problems in the contract they offered him. Thus far, the depth chart at CB looks like Matteo Ferrari, Nelson Rivas, Adrian Lopez, Wandrille Lefèvre, Karl W. Ouimette. It's not bad, but could be better.

Rivas looking in shape.

nelson-rivas_contrat2014_620x350.jpg

I'd love to see the Impact pick a guy like Pridham, as they are low in strikers and he might have gotten some minutes in Montreal. But anyhow, the did pick another Canadian striker in Jordan Ongaro who's represented Canada in the u17's and u20's. One would hope that if he doesn't get a MLS-contract, the Fury or FCE would give him a look.

Gagnon-Lapare can't be far off a contract can he?

It's not like he fills a need for the team. The Impact has good depth in midfield. I would think that he would get signed this year. I just don't know if it will be at the beginning of the season. Apparently, the Impact PDL team won't be a PDL Pro team ala Whitecaps, so if he signs, you would have only him to play Reserve league matches.

It's not like he fills a need for the team. The Impact has good depth in midfield. I would think that he would get signed this year. I just don't know if it will be at the beginning of the season. Apparently, the Impact PDL team won't be a PDL Pro team ala Whitecaps, so if he signs, you would have only him to play Reserve league matches.

He will in a year or two. I wonder what is behind Florio's thinking that he rates G-L and Ouimette higher than the other Impact homegrowns.

He will in a year or two. I wonder what is behind Florio's thinking that he rates G-L and Ouimette higher than the other Impact homegrowns.

I do think that it comes down to who he saw play at Canada camps. Lefèvre's eligibility is a question mark since he may not have a Canadian passport. Messoudi rot in the stands last year and Tissot had some ups and downs, but Ouimette did better from what Floro saw.

Floro knows more about Gagnon-Laparé than he knows about Tissot. It's not because he's better, but because he has seen the guy more.

I actually believe it is because of talent. He obviously sees more potential in G-L and Ouimete than in Tissot and Messoudi. I think he took those youngsters who at this moment in time, show the most potential of eventually growing into regular National team players.

Archived