Montreal Impact 2014 roster thread

Alberto7

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're joking right? 

I was referring to injuries. If the entire lineup was healthy the team would be in quite a different place.

Perhaps you didn't notice but we've been weak in the back for a while. Having Larrea instead of Mallace or Felipe and having Danso, Lopez and Soriola available at the back totally changes out defensive look.

I watched the first half and a bit of the second with the Revs feed, and they were talking about the young kids a little bit. Gagnon-Lapare had some very nice technical moments, Jackson-Hamel wasn't very good and had some bad touches. Miller and Lefevre were culpable for the second goal at least but had good moments as well. Didn't see the other new kid but he apparently came on later.

Jackson Hamel did not impress much, he was a non-factor. But he was playing out of position on the wing. He's used to being a pure striker, so i'm willing to cut him some slack for now. He'll have to get used to it though, not likely he'll get much time up from at the point, unless we lose Jack.

JGL was excellent, He started as DM and showed excellent ball control, passing and interception skills, and was frequently in the right positing to receive passes and relieve pressure. After Krol's ejection he slotted at RB and excelled. I wouldn't be surprised if they'll convert him to the position. We only have Krol and he is a liability.

Saw Louis play last night and I was very impressed. Solid ball control and some great passes. He's young and inexperienced, and gave up the ball unnecessarily a few times, but that's expected This guy is legit, I think he's rocketed up the depth chart and might make the rotation again this year, but definitely next season.

I was referring to injuries. If the entire lineup was healthy the team would be in quite a different place.

Perhaps you didn't notice but we've been weak in the back for a while. Having Larrea instead of Mallace or Felipe and having Danso, Lopez and Soriola available at the back totally changes out defensive look.

They're all question marks and haven't proved anything. Besides, them being injured all the time is a bad omen in itself. In the back I can only appreciate Camara at this point.

http://www.rds.ca/soccer/impact/prise-de-bec-entre-di-vaio-et-felipe-1.1344737

Fighting at training and another central defender down.  Can Montreal rebound Wednesday and salvage something from the season?

RDS always do this about the Habs too, it's stupid nonsense. The two players had words over some contact at practice… the only thing newsworthy here is that RDS thinks it's newsworthy.

if you play CB and are from another continent, obviously DO NOT sign for IMFC as you will instantly suffer a season ending injury.

I remember reading somewhere that NdS doesn't look at medical record when signing players. While I think that Rivas was what he was, I'm surprised of the bad luck that Lopez had here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure where to put this, but I love how Felipe was rolling around injured until Bendik magically cured him. Acts like this are what make folks like myself hate soccer players.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/10/20/bendik-felipe-dive-toronto-fc-montreal-video_n_6015026.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

LOL! Yeah, that was possibly the best part of that game! I loved how effortlessly and without hesitation Bendik just walks over, scoops him up and puts him on his feet.

Felipe' progression as a player seems to have plateaued these last two seasons. Maybe if he grew a pair that would change.

Archived