Gold Cup - Seattle Denver - Roll Call

Admin

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be in Seattle (and the Bruce Lee memorial, apparently) with my brother and U.T..

Seems to be plenty of tickets available in our section still. Midweek makes it hard for the casual fans and the working men who can't get away to get down for this one. Pity, as we probably would have been able to replicate the Brasil match on a weekend. With any luck it will be a competitive match like the last one in Seattle, though.

Seemed to me the "Nolando" brothers could use a dose of Bruce. Especially after NOT taking the detour around the fallen bridge at Mt Vernon and flying over it Speed style.

For anyone in Seattle first time, either have a hotel close or take public transit to the stadium, trains work well.

I will be in Seattle (and the Bruce Lee memorial, apparently) with my brother and U.T..

Seems to be plenty of tickets available in our section still. Midweek makes it hard for the casual fans and the working men who can't get away to get down for this one. Pity, as we probably would have been able to replicate the Brasil match on a weekend. With any luck it will be a competitive match like the last one in Seattle, though.

After being on the Ticketmaster 5 times to look I finally decide to buy today and it does not recognize the code! Anyone have similar probs today? I doubt it is sold out, there were tons left just last week.

Looking into that tomorrow.

Several other people having the same problem.

I thought I read somewhere that Sports Shaman is no longer coming.

There must be more ppl esp for Denver.

I think I posted that somewhere and yes it is sad but true. My original +1 was Mapleblood and I think there is still a chance that he may find his way down there. But for me it is definitely out. I think that I mentioned it to Jeff as well, probably at Shoeless Joe's, but he may have some memory gaps from that time period. Most likely due to being entranced by the lovely Patricia and the totally beguiling Emily who we met there.

I think I posted that somewhere and yes it is sad but true. My original +1 was Mapleblood and I think there is still a chance that he may find his way down there. But for me it is definitely out. I think that I mentioned it to Jeff as well, probably at Shoeless Joe's, but he may have some memory gaps from that time period. Most likely due to being entranced by the lovely Patricia and the totally beguiling Emily who we met there.

Bummer ... at least I will recognize Maple since I saw his beard on TV in Edmonton and in a couple of photos from Toronto ... otherwise I would have walked right past him :)

Only three people on the Bus, I will refund those people and rent a car.

Jeff, after we cross the border, I am putting you in the trunk.

No word back from the powers that be on the code.

If they released that section without warning us combined with creating it AFTER they market to the Whitecaps season ticket base that combination double blow will have me (edited: Crap, I just can't write that kind of thing anymore)

I'm starting to think, assuming this bull**** is still going on, that Vees should wear head covers for upcoming matches. I know Squizz mentioned it to me, and though I think it gets dangerous to start making social / political / solidarity statements as group, if we had unanimous consent, we should consider this.

Cal

I'm starting to think, assuming this bull**** is still going on, that Vees should wear head covers for upcoming matches. I know Squizz mentioned it to me, and though I think it gets dangerous to start making social / political / solidarity statements as group, if we had unanimous consent, we should consider this.

Cal

Looks quite possible that by the time we would do that it will be a fait accompli.

Cal

I'm concerned it might be considered offensive to some in the group we are trying to support with the statement?

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to Seattle and Denver. (name is Justin)

MY TWIN BRO Jojoflow (Jordan) is coming as well

And yes we are the guys who missed out flight last summer. We will make sure to be at the Airport a lot sooner this time. haha

Considering we could be outnumbered 30-1 I tend to agree, better to focus on that simple idea of supporting the team and making them feel it matters to us.

30-1 would be incredibly optimistic!

As the bus from Vancouver was cancelled, is there anyone going down from Van and coming back after the game that night? Me and another guy are looking for a way down..only found out about the cancellation now!

Archived