Gold Cup - Seattle Denver - Roll Call

Admin

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will be good to hang with you guys again (assuming Mapleblood is joining you).

Things are still a little nebulous for Seattle so can't say for sure yet. On the other hand, Mapleblood and I are 100% for the June 2 CWNT game. What about the Saskatchewan contingent for June 2nd?

Things are still a little nebulous for Seattle so can't say for sure yet. On the other hand, Mapleblood and I are 100% for the June 2 CWNT game. What about the Saskatchewan contingent for June 2nd?

You guys have tickets? What section?

As far as I know, none of TeamSK are going to be at the game June 2nd.

You guys must be over the moon with the WWC announcement. Pretty fantastic for Edmontonians.

Can you test the TM link & code? I am waiting on my CC in mail.

Front page, it should be visible.

The link works. Thanks for setting up everything including the tickets. I'm quite shocked at the ticket prices in Seattle for this game. Not just our tickets, but the general seating tickets elsewhere in the stadium are really expensive.

Also I'm a +1 on the Seattle trip.

Everyone is posting their seats - but I assume this will be General Admission like any other Voyageurs section ever right?

We need people to buy from front to back in order to secure the front.

If tickets get released later, we will have a block together and own the front.

Everyone is posting their seats - but I assume this will be General Admission like any other Voyageurs section ever right?

Possibly, but you're bound to get some moaners who pedantically point out there's an assigned seat on their ticket. Happened to me in 2004 when I saw Wales vs. Canada in Wrexham, and there were 15 Canada supporters in a section of 100 seats reserved for us.

Also happened during the Seattle vs. Vancouver match in Seattle in 2011. Some travelling Vancouver supporters people pointed out they weren't Southsiders, and weren't going to follow our rules - and threatened violence against us if we tried to get them to leave their assigned seat. (Oh, the joys of being in MLS...)

I expect better from Voyageurs, but note that Voyageurs membership isn't required to buy tickets, and people have already purchased tickets before it's been publicly announced whether the sections are standing/sitting and assigned/general admission. We might want to start communicating about these two issues sooner rather than later.

Will the security for the Gold Cup be the same company that has worked at Seattle Sounders matches where away fans (Southsiders, Timbers Army, etc.) have stood? If so, there shouldn't be any issue with us standing. If not, we might want to get in touch with them pronto.

Possibly, but you're bound to get some moaners who pedantically point out there's an assigned seat on their ticket. Happened to me in 2004 when I saw Wales vs. Canada in Wrexham, and there were 15 Canada supporters in a section of 100 seats reserved for us.

Also happened during the Seattle vs. Vancouver match in Seattle in 2011. Some travelling Vancouver supporters people pointed out they weren't Southsiders, and weren't going to follow our rules - and threatened violence against us if we tried to get them to leave their assigned seat. (Oh, the joys of being in MLS...)

I expect better from Voyageurs, but note that Voyageurs membership isn't required to buy tickets, and people have already purchased tickets before it's been publicly announced whether the sections are standing/sitting and assigned/general admission. We might want to start communicating about these two issues sooner rather than later.

Will the security for the Gold Cup be the same company that has worked at Seattle Sounders matches where away fans (Southsiders, Timbers Army, etc.) have stood? If so, there shouldn't be any issue with us standing. If not, we might want to get in touch with them pronto.

The probelm I found in BMO last year was that people were buyign the tickets but were not telling there friends about the rules. We had it out with some real c|_|nt as they just stood there not cheering or chanting.

Archived