Official 2013 Gold Cup Travel, Accommodation & Ticket Thread

DontPanic

I was a little worried about snail mail, but it worked fine. I ordered the tickets on the same day, but they came separately (both from Winnipeg) and my Denver tickets arrived a week ago and Seattle arrived today. So that's about two weeks after I ordered and I live in the sticks. So you should be fine.

cheers,

matthew

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey. Going to be coming to Seattle with my 6 yr old son. We want to be close to V's section, but not in the thick of things. He's small & probably wouldn't see much sitting in the V's section, but want him to be able to experience a bit of the atmosphere. He is pumped about going.

So, any advice on what section I should buy tickets in that would put us close to you guys? Also, I'd like to take part in any march to the stadium pre-game. Any plans on what time that will take palce and where it will depart from?

Thanks all. We are soooo looking fwd to seeing this game.

Hey. Going to be coming to Seattle with my 6 yr old son. We want to be close to V's section, but not in the thick of things. He's small & probably wouldn't see much sitting in the V's section, but want him to be able to experience a bit of the atmosphere. He is pumped about going.

So, any advice on what section I should buy tickets in that would put us close to you guys? Also, I'd like to take part in any march to the stadium pre-game. Any plans on what time that will take palce and where it will depart from?

Thanks all. We are soooo looking fwd to seeing this game.

Hopefully our sections works as General Admission, so you could get a seat there and then just sit farther back? If not, you can pick your seats you want to sit in when you buy them. Maybe get some on the back row there? (www.cansoc.org) ... If not just try and buy some in the stadium close to us.

Okie dokie, time to get back up on the horse here and get the accommodations figured out for Vancouver, Seattle (if you're staying over night there), and, especially important for me, Denver.

I'll leave it up to those who are staying at a hotel to state which one they either prefer to stay at, or have already booked at. Same thing for Seattle. As for Denver, let's get this figured out so we have a great place to party/sleep after we beat Panama. First off, anyone on here already stayed at a hotel near Mile High, and could recommend somewhere that would be good?

I'll leave it up to those who are staying at a hotel to state which one they either prefer to stay at, or have already booked at. Same thing for Seattle. As for Denver, let's get this figured out so we have a great place to party/sleep after we beat Panama. First off, anyone on here already stayed at a hotel near Mile High, and could recommend somewhere that would be good?

Yea, has anyone booked one yet and if you haven't where is everyone looking?

I've been looking at downtown Seattle. Prices for the most part are in the $200+ range but last night a hotels.com sale ended where there were several hotels Downtown for between $130 and $180 ... not too bad considering the location. There is a little 2 star in downtown called the Hotel Seattle (very original) that consistently is around $100.

There are much cheaper hotels out of the city centre, but not sure if people would rather make the drive or be able to walk and pay the price. Parking downtown close to the stadium on game day is an extra $30 minimum ($50 closer to the stadium), but taking the freeway in from the Bellevue area is really fast so there are positives and negatives to both ideas. Lots of hotels in Bellevue for ~$100. Personally I'm more inclined to stay downtown. Some great game-day pubs close to the stadium too. Hotels in stumbling distance would be a good thing.

How many nights are you staying in Seattle Rob?

Not entirely sure as it depends on what else we find to do in between Seattle and Denver (if there is a good concert in Seattle the next night we will stay for instance). We have been surfing the various live music/events websites but not many of them extend that far into July and so we are kind of waiting it out. I suspect, however, that we will only stay one night and will be getting part of the drive out of the way the next day ... might try to get into Colorado the next day and do a 14er on the 13th. But once again our plans are really up in the air.

Here is the google map location for the Hampton Inn and Suites just up the freeway from Mile High. I think it'd be a decent option since chains like this will be standardized quality.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Hampton+Inn+%26+Suites+Denver-Speer+Boulevard,+Zuni+Street,+Denver,+CO,+United+States&hl=en&ll=39.757055,-105.01565&spn=0.029,0.066047&sll=39.756362,-105.010157&sspn=0.029,0.066047&oq=Hampton+Inn+And+Suites,+Denver&t=h&hq=Hampton+Inn+%26+Suites+Denver-Speer+Boulevard,+Zuni+Street,+Denver,+CO,+United+States&z=15

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Hampton+Inn+%26+Suites+Denver-Speer+Boulevard,+Zuni+Street,+Denver,+CO,+United+States&aq=1&oq=Hampton+Inn+And+Suites,+Denver&sll=39.756362,-105.010157&sspn=0.029,0.066047&t=h&ie=UTF8&hq=Hampton+Inn+%26+Suites+Denver-Speer+Boulevard,+Zuni+Street,+Denver,+CO,+United+States&ll=39.756362,-105.010157&spn=0.017156,0.032015&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=Hampton+Inn+%26+Suites+Denver-Speer+Boulevard,+Zuni+Street,+Denver,+CO,+United+States&aq=1&oq=Hampton+Inn+And+Suites,+Denver&sll=39.756362,-105.010157&sspn=0.029,0.066047&t=h&ie=UTF8&hq=Hampton+Inn+%26+Suites+Denver-Speer+Boulevard,+Zuni+Street,+Denver,+CO,+United+States&ll=39.756362,-105.010157&spn=0.017156,0.032015" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Fak how does one embed something in a post?

I called them today and we probably won't be able to book a block. They have room for about two dozen people. If we're wanting to do a block booking we're going to have to look elsewhere. Would you be willing to check out a couple other hotels near Mile High to see if they could do a block booking?

Seattle game V's section is section 100, right? Need to be my tix asap. People still having trouble with a Canadian credit card/ address?

Cheers for the help and for organizing this, lads!

I went and checked... You are correct

So I've been away in DC due to work and have sort of fallen off the ball on this one (sorry bout that). Looks as though Rob has gotten Seattle organized while we have the Hampton set up for Denver. Are we forgetting anything critical at this point? I also wanted to discuss TIFO and banners for both games. I've told quite a few already involved in this thread about my idea for the "8-1 And We're Still Here!" banner, any other banner ideas or perhaps better, some massive group TIFO?

The Mexico game is before the Canada game in Denver, Tuscan. Personally I want to attend that one. I'm not sure if everyone feels the same, but you never know the result could be consequential to Canada, although it's not super likely, unless Martinique get a result against either Canada or Panama previous. I mapped it out on googlemaps, and it's just about a half hour to walk from the hotel to the stadium. What's the plan for getting there?

So what you're saying is it's a solid 45min drunkwalk from the hotel to milehigh? Sounds perfect lol. And to tell you the truth, since it was so close I figured we'd just walk unless there is a bus that can get us there, or perhaps the hotel shuttle if we bribe the guy.

So what you're saying is it's a solid 45min drunkwalk from the hotel to milehigh? Sounds perfect lol. And to tell you the truth, since it was so close I figured we'd just walk unless there is a bus that can get us there, or perhaps the hotel shuttle if we bribe the guy.

Fifteen convertible pesos.

Archived