Official 2013 Gold Cup Travel, Accommodation & Ticket Thread

DontPanic

Well if I take the clipper out of Victoria I could theoretically walk to and from the game

Me too if I drive and park at the stadium, don't you think?

Seriously, I work that Thurs morn but plan to go to Seattle afterwards by any means. There are not a lot of Mexicans in the Northwest and the stadium is big, just want to see a big enough contingent to match them and make the boys notice we are there for them. If we have 15% of supporter noise I'll take it.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, I work that Thurs morn but plan to go to Seattle afterwards by any means. There are not a lot of Mexicans in the Northwest and the stadium is big, just want to see a big enough contingent to match them and make the boys notice we are there for them. If we have 15% of supporter noise I'll take it.

Well we have 400 Canadian ticket sold already. Our section holds 1000.

Need to get the word out though. Supposed to have the link this evening.

Our bus(es) down will be $40, includes shirt & flag.

Why on earth they did the pre sale with the WC before they made the Canadian section is beyond comprehension.

There's not a big population compared to the southern states, but there is still more than 550,000 Mexican Americans in Washington State and somewhere around 300,000 in Oregon. I'm expecting a big turn-out for this match.

Well we have 400 Canadian ticket sold already. Our section holds 1000.

Need to get the word out though. Supposed to have the link this evening.

Our bus(es) down will be $40, includes shirt & flag.

Why on earth they did the pre sale with the WC before they made the Canadian section is beyond comprehension.

400 tickets are sold already? Huh too other orgs?

400 tickets are sold already? Huh too other orgs?

They arranged a pre sale with whitecaps season ticket holders.

Then made a Canadian support section. Kind of stupid. But at least we have one.

The sucky part is those people will be all over the stadium.

At least we know there is some clear interest.

400 already surpasses the number we had in Detroit for Canada vs. USA no?

More than the Voyageurs, but there were a lot of people supporting Canada not directly in the group. Sort of be the same situation, only this time it should have been avoided.

400 already surpasses the number we had in Detroit for Canada vs. USA no?

Well we were about 300-400 in the Voyageurs section I'm guessing, but probably significantly more Canadians spread out across the stadium than that.

They arranged a pre sale with whitecaps season ticket holders.

Then made a Canadian support section. Kind of stupid. But at least we have one.

The sucky part is those people will be all over the stadium.

At least we know there is some clear interest.

How come the Whitecap season ticket holders weren't put together in one section? Are they at least being given the option to switch their tickets to the Canadian supporters section? Stupid CONCACAF.

Any idea when the tickets will be available for purchase? No hurry, I suppose - and I appreciate that this is all volunteer efforts. Just thought I'd ask, to avoid any uncertainty/anxiety.

Cheers.

Sorry, we got slammed today on the June 2nd sales. Sold out 4 sections in less than 24 hrs.

I'll get back on Gold cup as soon as I know I am not selling tickets that don't exist in the south end of BMO...

How come the Whitecap season ticket holders weren't put together in one section? Are they at least being given the option to switch their tickets to the Canadian supporters section? Stupid CONCACAF.

No idea. Mine, the CSA attention for the next day or so is the tsunami of humans trying to get into BMO for June 2nd

I asked the Seattle Sounders supporters groups for recommendations for pubs that the Vees could take over on July 11th.

Elysian Fields and Fado were the top two. Fuel is the SSFC bar, but might be okay for us on a day that Seattle/USMNT aren't playing (I'll confirm the latter).

Here's the entire "visiting team info" page: http://www.gorillafc.com/visiting-team-info/

I asked the Seattle Sounders supporters groups for recommendations for pubs that the Vees could take over on July 11th.

Elysian Fields and Fado were the top two. Fuel is the SSFC bar, but might be okay for us on a day that Seattle/USMNT aren't playing (I'll confirm the latter).

Here's the entire "visiting team info" page: http://www.gorillafc.com/visiting-team-info/

I was in Seattle a couple of years ago during a Sounders game and its a pretty cool scene (likely you have seen this if you have gone down for Whitecaps games). The area around the stadium is lined with pubs with people all hanging out of them ... should be lots of options.

Also would be cool to get a hotel toward the south end of downtown. Might be a bit more expensive (and I realize you guys are swamped with other things right now and that this has taken a back seat so no worries) but being able to walk to the game/pubs/etc would be a great benefit.

Hotels in downtown Seattle in summer are going to run you an arm and a leg. That's just going to happen. Brace yourself for it.

Yes figured ... that's why when I was there the last time I stayed out in Belleview for cheap. Wasn't sharing the room with anyone though so I had to pay the full cost.

Right now it looks like there are several hotels around the $200/night mark ... a little costly if you are one person, but reasonable for 4 (I guess reasonable depends on your perspective). There are also some hole-in-the-wall places for $97 and $112.

This is just spitballing though ... should be patient and wait to see what DontPanic comes up with.

Yes figured ... that's why when I was there the last time I stayed out in Belleview for cheap. Wasn't sharing the room with anyone though so I had to pay the full cost.

Right now it looks like there are several hotels around the $200/night mark ... a little costly if you are one person, but reasonable for 4 (I guess reasonable depends on your perspective). There are also some hole-in-the-wall places for $97 and $112.

This is just spitballing though ... should be patient and wait to see what DontPanic comes up with.

DP is in the middle of hell week at work. Crazy time of year and some new product launch thingy.

We'll see if he can pull something for a hotel. There will be a few people needing them.

DP is in the middle of hell week at work. Crazy time of year and some new product launch thingy.

We'll see if he can pull something for a hotel. There will be a few people needing them.

Is there anything we can do... Like get a tentative list, so we can give him a rough estimate for who needs hotels when? Maybe that'll help him with rates at hotels in the different cities?

Is there anything we can do... Like get a tentative list, so we can give him a rough estimate for who needs hotels when? Maybe that'll help him with rates at hotels in the different cities?

Yes, if there's anything that you can farm out, let me know. Hate to see a couple of people bear all the burden here and I can tell you guys are up to your eyeballs as it is. Even if you think starting a 'who is going to be in Seattle/Denver and will need a hotel' thread or something.

I realize this is months away so there isn't a huge amount of urgency ... an not sure how much I could even do to help, but I'm certainly willing.

Archived