Official 2013 Gold Cup Travel, Accommodation & Ticket Thread

DontPanic

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could see myself doing that as well. Also I see that The Fixx is playing on the 10th ... might be a cool show.

Sam and I are talking about going to a Mariners game, we were going to go before everyone else showed up but if everyone wants too then we could probs hold off.

Sorry guys ... been meaning to compile all of this and start a new thread but just haven't gotten around to it ... too busy at work ... students sweating about final exams.

Not sure about the Mariners game now. Will either have to drive all the way from Regina to Seattle in two days to make it there in time to see the game on the 10th or stay an extra night in Seattle and attempt to drive the 2000km or so to Denver over a day and a half to get there on time for the game on the 14th. The 10th is the more likely of those two unlikely scenarios for Ryan and I.

Unnamed Trialist suggested that a group meet at Bruce Lee's gravesite so I think we should add that to the list of possibilities.

If anyone has a chance to compile all this and start a new thread, be my guest. Otherwise, I will try to get to it this weekend.

Bruce Lee's gravesite? It's in Denver? I didn't know that! I have to point out that since I'm bringing my wife, I'm not sure how MUCH group activity she'll be down for, but I'm trying to gear her up to the idea of as much as possible. It's not often I get to hang around soccer loving guys. Whatever you guys decide I'll be fine with though.

Bruce Lee's gravesite? It's in Denver? I didn't know that! I have to point out that since I'm bringing my wife, I'm not sure how MUCH group activity she'll be down for, but I'm trying to gear her up to the idea of as much as possible. It's not often I get to hang around soccer loving guys. Whatever you guys decide I'll be fine with though.

Oops ... sorry. It is in Seattle. Gotta start being more specific as some people are going to both and some to just one.

Tell your girlfriend that she'll be fine if she can yell at the top of her lungs for 3 solid hours. Otherwise she'll be letting us down.

Here is what I put together for a new thread. Tell me what you think. I will do edits and start the new thread after.

Gold Cup Seattle – Information and Planning Thread

1) Accommodation: Please list your hotel in the thread and I will add you to the list below.

Inn at Virginia Mason: Rob+1, Zeelaw, Sam, KCIsoul, JoJoFlow, Lord Bob, Tarnado +1

2) Pre-Match plans: Please suggest ideas and we will add them here as well

- Bruce Lee’s Gravesite: See post #99 here: http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?46247-Gold-Cup-Seattle-Denver-Roll-Call/page10

- Banner making, etc?

- March Planning?

- Provincial flags: http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?46401-Provincial-flags-for-marches-in-Seattle-and-Denver

3) Post-Match plans: Please suggest ideas and we will add them here.

4) Other plans: If you are interested in doing other things in Seattle, please add them in this thread and we will add them here.

- Mariners game on the 10th or 12th.

Ticket information and more: http://www.cansoc.org/content.php?303-Gold-Cup-2013-Canadian-Supporters-Section-Tickets

Just looking to gauge the interest from those Voyageurs who are coming in to the Vancouver area before the Seattle match with regard to banners/tifo. Might have access to a place for us to get some done. Would like a rough estimate of people and concepts/ideas that would be acheivable in the timeframe available.

I am woefully behind in making plans, but how is everyone getting from Vancouver to Seattle. Are there more details on the bus? I booked from the front page of the site, but nothing has been updated.... am I right to assume that is still happening?

How many people are staying in Seattle after the match (and in theory could use a chance to check in to their hotels and drop off luggage well before pre-match festivities in Seattle?)?

cheers,

matthew

I am woefully behind in making plans, but how is everyone getting from Vancouver to Seattle. Are there more details on the bus? I booked from the front page of the site, but nothing has been updated.... am I right to assume that is still happening?

How many people are staying in Seattle after the match (and in theory could use a chance to check in to their hotels and drop off luggage well before pre-match festivities in Seattle?)?

cheers,

matthew

I'm training to Seattle the day before the match, so Sam and I will be there. Then the twins meet up with us the day of the game.

Just looking to gauge the interest from those Voyageurs who are coming in to the Vancouver area before the Seattle match with regard to banners/tifo. Might have access to a place for us to get some done. Would like a rough estimate of people and concepts/ideas that would be acheivable in the timeframe available.

Should be in Vancouver on the 10th. Not sure if that is enough time to help out but I'd be interested.

cheers,

matthew

Driving from Vancouver to Seattle on the 11th. Probably heading out the day after to make the drive to Denver.

Cross posting, as after being on the Ticketmaster 5 times to look I finally decide to buy today and it does not recognize the code! Nothing shows up in our section. Anyone have similar probs today? I doubt it is sold out, there were tons left just last week.

Just double-checked this and it doesn't work for me either. I was on last night though and there were 28 seats left in Section 100 for the Seattle game so there should be lots of spots left.

Gold Cup Seattle – Information and Planning Thread

1) Accommodation: Please list your hotel in the thread and I will add you to the list below.

Inn at Virginia Mason: Rob+1, Zeelaw, Sam, KCIsoul, JoJoFlow

Just saw this. I'm also in at the Inn.

Inn at Virginia Mason: Rob+1, Zeelaw, Sam, KCIsoul, JoJoFlow, Lord Bob

Just saw this. I'm also in at the Inn.

Inn at Virginia Mason: Rob+1, Zeelaw, Sam, KCIsoul, JoJoFlow, Lord Bob

Ah ... that's good to know. I had been meaning to start a new thread to keep track of planning details, but I must have gotten distracted by a shiny object. In reality however, this thread, plus the front page, probably has all the info anyone needs anyway.

What do you think? Do we need a new thread or will this one do fine?

March to the match

Is the plan to march before the first game (Panama-Martinique at 5:30pm), or to march before the Canada-Mexico game at 8:00pm, or to have two marches (one for each)? Do most people want to watch both matches, or just the Canada-Mexico game?

Pre-match pub

I asked two Seattle Sounders' supporter groups which pubs they recommend for us as Canada supporters, and the consensus seems to be either Fado Irish Pub or Elysian Fields.

I would recommend Fado for three reasons:

1.) As already mentioned, Fado is a bit further from the stadium than Elysian Fields, making for a better march.

2.) Because Fado is further from the stadium, it should be less of a gong-show than Elysian Fields will be (in terms of having space for us as a group).

3.) Gorilla FC frequent Fado on Seattle Sounders match days, and away supporters are actually encouraged to visit their pub... so that venue has a culture of rival supporters mixing without any aggro.

Admittedly Fado's beer selection isn't as good as Elysian's, but it's decent... and they also have whiskey, scotch, wine and cocktails.

Please note that Merchant's Café and Saloon (109 Yesler Way, just east of 1st Avenue South) is the match day home of La Barra Fuerza Verde (Mexico supporters). If we march down 1st Avenue South, we might run into them :)

List of chants

A bunch of Southsiders new to the CanMNT scene are curious as to what chants we use. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't a list of Canada chants anywhere on the Vees website, is there?

If not, shall we build one? I have a list of songs I used in matches in 2008, but they may be a bit outdated. I also have this bunch of video clips from a WCQ in 2008.

Since we rarely get together for matches, and since there will be many first-timers, and since we will be greatly outnumbered by Mexico supporters at the CLink, I think it's worth putting a chant list together. We could even practice a few in Fado before the march.

It might also be worth someone printing out 100 and passing them out on the day.

Chant leaders

Any volunteers to lead the chants? I don't expect anyone to turn their back to the match like a formal capo, but it could be good to have two or three people leading.

Currently, there are 12 seats sold at the front of section 101, and two seats sold in section 100 NA. If this doesn't improve, everyone could cram into section 100 at the very front.

If sales do increase, some people will be at the front of sections 101 and 100 NA. It might be useful to have a volunteer at the front of these two sections, and maybe a volunteer toward the rear of section 100, to lead/coordinate chants amongst the group.

SeattleSeating_zps0f7972a4.jpg

Archived