Official 2013 Gold Cup Travel, Accommodation & Ticket Thread

DontPanic

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record, in terms of Denver and travel I will be driving with me and my wife both wanting to go, so two tickets. I am willing to book my own hotel, but hell, pre-bar thing...whatever it could be fun just to do it the Voyageurs way. I'll have to see if the wife thinks so as well.

When might details come out in terms of purchasing tickets and getting a spot on the bus from Vancouver?

We have 1000 spots on hold. There is also going to be a built in discount/code for us.

It was supposed to be done this week, but the avalanche of ticket sales for June 2nd got in the way.

Well we were about 300-400 in the Voyageurs section I'm guessing, but probably significantly more Canadians spread out across the stadium than that.

Yeah the OSA had a pile of buses and their own ticket deal, but they were not sitting with us. Their buses were practically free I think in the end they had ten + all the people that just drove in their group.

About the Seattle tickets. Section 100NA that we have been assigned is listed as a Family no alcohol section on Ticketmaster. Did we know that? Also the sections if I recall are somewhat separated and you can't see the bottom of section 100 from the top of the section. I think 100NA, 101, and 102 are somewhat elevated. Am I right about that? Hate to be the ahole that complains and hasn't done any of the work, but just thought I should bring it up now in case there are issues with that. Thanks again for all your work.

About the Seattle tickets. Section 100NA that we have been assigned is listed as a Family no alcohol section on Ticketmaster. Did we know that? Also the sections if I recall are somewhat separated and you can't see the bottom of section 100 from the top of the section. I think 100NA, 101, and 102 are somewhat elevated. Am I right about that? Hate to be the ahole that complains and hasn't done any of the work, but just thought I should bring it up now in case there are issues with that. Thanks again for all your work.

Not a complaint, good information. Going to see about getting the Family N/A section changed.

Just explain the sections a bit more? What are you suggesting/saying.

I'm having a hard time explaining it, and maybe the Vancouver guys that have been to Seattle more recently than I have can offer a different opinion. Going to try a photo: http://fotoeins.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/img_8164.jpg

So our sections are on the right side of the screen. The whole section is elevated off the turf, and the lower "V" shape is section 100. 100NA, 101, and 102, are raised even higher and you can see the concrete wall separating the sections. I'm just not sure how big of a deal that issue is.

I'm having a hard time explaining it, and maybe the Vancouver guys that have been to Seattle more recently than I have can offer a different opinion. Going to try a photo: http://fotoeins.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/img_8164.jpg

So our sections are on the right side of the screen. The whole section is elevated off the turf, and the lower "V" shape is section 100. 100NA, 101, and 102, are raised even higher and you can see the concrete wall separating the sections. I'm just not sure how big of a deal that issue is.

Looks like good banner space to me.

It's not ideal, but it makes the family section less of an issue. We'll all just jam into the front of that I suspect.

Looks like good banner space to me.

It's not ideal, but it makes the family section less of an issue. We'll all just jam into the front of that I suspect.

Looks like a good spot for you guys, is that the TV side? If so should look good with the banners on TV

The Seattle match was plugged on Facebook, but could it be plugged on Twitter (@TheVoyageurs) as well?

In addition, we can all help to spread the word about the Vees' sections via social media.

It should be on Twitter.

People spreading the word ala social media in GVRD is essential.

There is an ad up on bcsoccerweb as well. See what that produces.

Wow you go away to Ottawa and Hamilton for about a week on business and come back to find out things are set up and people are buying seats for Seattle etc... freakin me out a bit. I need to get on top of this stuff so would someone post a quick briefer on what I need to know to get in the right sections and not miss out on the party? So far from what I can see lots are doing the bus tour from Vancity to Seattle but there isn't a hotel set up for that yet. Not sure what section to buy in for the match in Seattle yet. Not sure when to book flights yet either.

I see there isn't really anything set up for Martinique in LA. Is anyone on here planning on doing LA for sure? I got the dough to swing it, just kinda not sure I wanna be stuck with only three other people at the Home Depot Center, ya know.

Also for Denver, I see the tix are up for that section too, but no hotel accommodations yet. This is the highlight trip of my summer so I want to be in the center of the action so to speak. Gah I hate being removed from general society when things get set up.

Wow you go away to Ottawa and Hamilton for about a week on business and come back to find out things are set up and people are buying seats for Seattle etc... freakin me out a bit. I need to get on top of this stuff so would someone post a quick briefer on what I need to know to get in the right sections and not miss out on the party? So far from what I can see lots are doing the bus tour from Vancity to Seattle but there isn't a hotel set up for that yet. Not sure what section to buy in for the match in Seattle yet. Not sure when to book flights yet either.

I see there isn't really anything set up for Martinique in LA. Is anyone on here planning on doing LA for sure? I got the dough to swing it, just kinda not sure I wanna be stuck with only three other people at the Home Depot Center, ya know.

Also for Denver, I see the tix are up for that section too, but no hotel accommodations yet. This is the highlight trip of my summer so I want to be in the center of the action so to speak. Gah I hate being removed from general society when things get set up.

Go to the front page and follow the ticket purchase links and instructions. Seattle section is 100 (I think) and Denver is 114.

http://www.cansoc.org/content.php

Archived