Official 2013 Gold Cup Travel, Accommodation & Ticket Thread

DontPanic

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I'd say that I have Seattle 'organized' but a few of us are booked into the same hotel. Not massive numbers that I know about in either Seattle or Denver on board with that, but maybe there are more than I realize.

Down for a banner making session, just not sure how it's going to work in either location. Let me know as I'm sure Ryan and I will be in.

Great man it would be a fun walk...not going to be a lot of us in Denver...like your flag idea, for example, I don't think we're having 13 people to carry 13 flags, unless more Voyageurs show up than are posting. Remember, though, I'm newb.

Great man it would be a fun walk...not going to be a lot of us in Denver...like your flag idea, for example, I don't think we're having 13 people to carry 13 flags, unless more Voyageurs show up than are posting. Remember, though, I'm newb.

I have a suspicion there will be way more than are posting but time will tell. Might have to see how many want to go to the game prior and maybe have an early march ... not sure how many would be down with that though.

Anybody driving down to Seattle from the Greater Vancouver Area or taking a bus, be sure to add some time to your scheduled commute into Seattle due to the bridge collapse on Interstate 5. I'm sure it won't be fixed by July 11th. There are several detours to the West and East available.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2013/05/24/edmonton-skagit-bridge-trucker-spruce-grove.html?cmp=rss

Blame Edmontonians or the oil sands lol

Anybody driving down to Seattle from the Greater Vancouver Area or taking a bus, be sure to add some time to your scheduled commute into Seattle due to the bridge collapse on Interstate 5. I'm sure it won't be fixed by July 11th. There are several detours to the West and East available.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2013/05/24/edmonton-skagit-bridge-trucker-spruce-grove.html?cmp=rss

Blame Edmontonians or the oil sands lol

Google maps already has a new route indicated. That was fast. Looks like the detour is very short, but I suppose it could still get very backed up.

• 2 weeks later...
Surprised to see 35 seats still up for grabs in section 100 in Seattle. I kind of thought a ton of Vancouver residents would be snapping those seats up quickly. Is everyone that is coming down on that bus sitting somewhere else?

The Southsiders were looking at doing a bus but it was called off because Jamie said he'd do it. Given that there's no itinerary yet (for the most understandable and obvious reasons!), I wouldn't expect to see big promotions and sales until we get a bit closer to the date.

The Southsiders were looking at doing a bus but it was called off because Jamie said he'd do it. Given that there's no itinerary yet (for the most understandable and obvious reasons!), I wouldn't expect to see big promotions and sales until we get a bit closer to the date.

Yes good point. I suppose once today is over the focus will shift. Big day today. Wish I was in TO.

Should we maybe make one final thread "Last Push" or something..... Where we have "official" hotels, in Seattle and Denver, people who are driving could maybe post the dates and times, maybe one or two final people are looking for that.

Should we maybe make one final thread "Last Push" or something..... Where we have "official" hotels, in Seattle and Denver, people who are driving could maybe post the dates and times, maybe one or two final people are looking for that.

I was thinking the same thing but wondering about timing. Too early or good timing to do it now? Even if we keep this thread fresh people will see it.

I was thinking the same thing but wondering about timing. Too early or good timing to do it now? Even if we keep this thread fresh people will see it.

Let's make a draft post in here, then post it like tomorrow or something.

Like let's build the Final post in this thread then finalize it and make a new thread with it...

What should we all include?

- ticket purchasing info (just to reiterate so it's easy to find)

- hotels that ppl are staying in

- bus from Seattle to Vancouver info (I have seen that some people are wondering about that ... not sure what the situation is there honestly)

- Pre/post match plans. Pubs to aim for, march times and organization, stadium event planning (banners and such).

Additions/Deletions/Comments?

What should we all include?

- ticket purchasing info (just to reiterate so it's easy to find)

- hotels that ppl are staying in

- bus from Seattle to Vancouver info (I have seen that some people are wondering about that ... not sure what the situation is there honestly)

- Pre/post match plans. Pubs to aim for, march times and organization, stadium event planning (banners and such).

Additions/Deletions/Comments?

Yea, exactly, and nice mention for pre/post... We should figure that out too, also I have my Ontario flag in the mail now, so thats' a forsure. Did you say you were bringing flag poles?

Yea, exactly, and nice mention for pre/post... We should figure that out too, also I have my Ontario flag in the mail now, so thats' a forsure. Did you say you were bringing flag poles?

Yes I will try to find flag poles similar to what have been used in the games in Toronto and bring them down. Easier than everyone bringing that crap on the plane. I should give that thread a bump soon as well and see if anyone else will bring flags. At last count I think there were 6 provinces represented.

I am somewhat familiar with the area around the stadium in Seattle and there are lots of good pubs around, and ones that cater quite purposefully to the Sounders crowd. I am sure we could take over one before and after. Might even make sense to call them beforehand ... maybe they can accommodate us somehow.

Here is one example: http://trianglepub.com/ ... interesting that it used to be a brothel.

Another: http://www.elysianbrewing.com/

Problem with the two above is they are very close to the stadium ... not much of a march then ... it would only be 2 or 3 minutes.

Another possibility with a little more distance for a march: http://www.fadoirishpub.com/seattle/

Then there is also a place called Cowgirls :rolleyes:

Never been to Denver so will have to do some research. Someone must know a good place to meet.

Be careful about official hotel in Denver. Remember that they were almost out of rooms when we all booked there a month ago, and weren't open to giving away a group package.

Yes that's a good point. I think we are going to have to go with a simple 'Please list your hotel' and maybe some people can get together on it. It is a similar situation in Seattle where several of us are booked into one place but I don't think they have many rooms left. Therefore in both places we will just have to ask people to try and get together in small groups if they want. It would be nice to be all in one place, but if we aren't we can just meet in a specified location and use the hotels for sleeping instead of partying.

Yes that's a good point. I think we are going to have to go with a simple 'Please list your hotel' and maybe some people can get together on it. It is a similar situation in Seattle where several of us are booked into one place but I don't think they have many rooms left. Therefore in both places we will just have to ask people to try and get together in small groups if they want. It would be nice to be all in one place, but if we aren't we can just meet in a specified location and use the hotels for sleeping instead of partying.

Hopefully in Denver, if we can't get the same hotel, if its in teh same region then it won't really make a difference.

Archived