Official 2013 Gold Cup Travel, Accommodation & Ticket Thread

DontPanic

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel we should call up any pub we want to go to and try to reserve space. "Culture" of supporters visiting won't matter much if we're outnumbered 100 to 1 by Mexican fans, most of whom are not members of Gorilla FC.

Agreed. We'll need to know the approximate size of the group, and our start time.

Shall we guesstimate our size, based upon number of tickets sold? Or should we make a quick survey re: whether attending pub, whether marching, whether wanting to watch both or just one match, etc?

Looks like I was late to the party for Virginia Mason Inn. Every thing is telling me all booked. Will start looking for something else tomorrow or sleep it off in a Seattle drunk tank.

As for pub/march. I don't care where we meet up. Preferably with more of our numbers would be great. However being outnumbered always seems more fun. I only plan on marching to the Canada match. I would say guesstimate our numbers then spread the word about the spot we pick.

To the Cuba crew. I have removed myself from facebook so I am probably missing out on some stimulating conversations. If you need to contact me use this site.

Looks like I was late to the party for Virginia Mason Inn. Every thing is telling me all booked. Will start looking for something else tomorrow or sleep it off in a Seattle drunk tank.

As for pub/march. I don't care where we meet up. Preferably with more of our numbers would be great. However being outnumbered always seems more fun. I only plan on marching to the Canada match. I would say guesstimate our numbers then spread the word about the spot we pick.

To the Cuba crew. I have removed myself from facebook so I am probably missing out on some stimulating conversations. If you need to contact me use this site.

Smiddy talk to Jeff. He said he might have to stay in Seattle now.

I believe the bus was officially cancelled on Thursday, in the Gold Cup - Seattle Denver - Roll Call thread.

Thanks B&W Army. I must have missed that.

I'm going to go to the Panama-Martinique match, but if the majority want to wait and march in late, I won't object.

Fado sounds great. I think there's enough similarity between chants, that there will be a few that will be easy for Caps fans to pick up immediately and I think if we stick to a solid 6-8 chants for most of the match we'll be fine. We should definitely loosen up our vocal chords pre-match as well...

Thanks for the leg work on this as well.

cheers,

matthew

Currently there are 31 ppl listed on the Gold Cup roll call thread that are going to be in Seattle. However, there are a couple of those who I know are not going to be able to make it, and several others (7 I think) have added their names in the thread but not been added to the list at the start of the thread. So this makes ~35 ppl give or take a couple. The problem is, how many of those are going to be at the pre-game guaranteed. Additionally, who is coming that has not posted in the thread and how do we even begin to figure that out? I think a reservation at this place is a very good idea, but I think it might be difficult to know numbers. Should we just 'ball park' it and make the call?

Do those of you in BC have any idea on how many ppl might be coming who do not post on this board regularly (or at all), but still want to be part of the march, supporter's section, etc? Any clue as to how many people bought tickets through that initial offering and are going to end up scattered all over the stadium?

Good call. I will ask on the Southsiders' forum how many people intend to come to Fado, and with that we can estimate a number for the reservation.

Keep in mind that some people will be leaving Fado early (or not come at all) in order to attend the Panama-Martinique match, so we shouldn't "double count" them with people who will arrive at Fado after they leave.

What time do you expect people will want to get started at Fado? Those who want to attend the Panama-Martinique watch (5:30pm) will leave Fado by 5:00pm latest, so would they want to begin drinking around 3:00pm? For those of you skipping the Panama-Martinique match and only attending Canada-Mexico (8:00pm), what time will you start drinking? I reckon that some people will want to explore the city and not spend too much time in the pub.

Perhaps we don't even need to make a reservation for the people arriving earlier than 5:00pm?

Good call. I will ask on the Southsiders' forum how many people intend to come to Fado, and with that we can estimate a number for the reservation.

Keep in mind that some people will be leaving Fado early (or not come at all) in order to attend the Panama-Martinique match, so we shouldn't "double count" them with people who will arrive at Fado after they leave.

What time do you expect people will want to get started at Fado? Those who want to attend the Panama-Martinique watch (5:30pm) will leave Fado by 5:00pm latest, so would they want to being drinking around 3:00pm? For those of you skipping the Panama-Martinique match and only attending Canada-Mexico (8:00pm), what time will you start drinking? I reckon that some people will want to explore the city and not spend too[/i[ much time in the pub.

Perhaps we don't even need to make a reservation for the people arriving earlier than 5:00pm?

I have noticed several people saying that they would be giving the Panama/Martinique game a pass and fewer saying they were interested in marching early. Personally I think I'm leaning toward going later. There is this potential meet-up at Bruce Lee's grave and I would also like time to get settled and such. Maybe 5-5:30ish for the late crowd ... gives us lots of time for a few road pops and a bite and then off for the march.

Not sure about how to coordinate early/late ... one more variable into the mix. I would rather just jump in with the majority whether early or late and have everyone in the same boat. I think this is easier is we all go late, but I am easy either way.

Fado serves food, so it's probably easier to also eat there than to find a second/different place for a meal.

I agree that it sounds like most people will only attend the Canada-Mexico match. Let's just do the one march for those people.

What time should we march? 7:00pm, for a 7:30pm arrival at the stadium? Or is that too late?

If so, it sounds like a 5:00pm-7:00pm reservation at the pub would make sense - possibly as early as a 4:00pm start if some people would prefer.

Okay, assuming the march is geared toward the second match, let's leave the pub at 6:45pm, for arrival/strip search at 7:15pm.

I, personally, would also prefer to attend both matches. It would be helpful if more people could confirm whether they plan to attend just one or both matches, so we can gear the march time accordingly (with the majority).

I, personally, would prefer to see Panama - Martinique but will go with the majority in any case.

Earlier march is better. Remember that some of us will need additional security clearance because of flags or banners.

Yes, that's a good point as well ... and our tickets do get us into both games so for many it might seem like a waste to not go to both.

Okay, assuming the march is geared toward the second match, let's leave the pub at 6:45pm, for arrival/strip search at 7:15pm.

I, personally, would also prefer to attend both matches. It would be helpful if more people could confirm whether they plan to attend just one or both matches, so we can gear the march time accordingly (with the majority).

Maybe we could try to split it down the middle somehow. Leave in time to make it through security within the first 15min of the Panama-Martinique match. I think it would be a shame to have a bunch of people assembled and not have as many together as possible on the march. Then we could have one reservation time, one march time, and one arrival time ... significantly fewer balls in the air.

On the other hand, walking in after kickoff to a game will make us look like a TFC crowd :P

Jeff staying with you? I had this image of him not having a plan and having to drunken-hitchhike back to Vancouver. Much easier to just stay in Seattle than go back to Vancouver late.

Ya Smiddy, I told him the other day you're off FB so try and get a hold of him somehow.

Looks like I'm in the minority wanting to skip the Panama-Martinique game.

It might be fund to have a bit of a pre-drink at our hotel in Seattle before we head down to the bar. It's pretty central plus it'll be cheaper for us there then at the bar.

It might be fund to have a bit of a pre-drink at our hotel in Seattle before we head down to the bar. It's pretty central plus it'll be cheaper for us there then at the bar.

Also because Sam isn't 21 :D ... And as for the previous game. I'm up any decision. Both has pros and cons.

Also because Sam isn't 21 :D ... And as for the previous game. I'm up any decision. Both has pros and cons.

OBAMA IS READING THIS!!!!!!! Prism?

Anyways I think I should be okay. I also am putting together a song sheet that I can post tonight, a good mix of the Toronto stuff we do and some of the stuff we've kinda always wanted to do but have never been able to that might be easier with the small crowd.

Archived