USA - Canada 29th January 2013 in Houston Friendly(R)

Max

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those that saw the Denmark game. Which is stronger on the field US or Denmark? I realize Canada is playing differently too now, since the players seems more organised.

The Danes. Not just their finishing but their setups and our back line really made them good.

Not that anyone else needs to say it, but Bekker has looked impressive. He has looked that little bit classier than everyone else. His use of the ball is what has been most impressive. Good movement too.

Very good center mid. He and Ledge seem to play off each other very well. I love how he is always moving when receiving a pass. Fake, fake, got it & go.

I think the U.S. actually has had more possession than Denmark. The Danes created much better chances and the Canadians were less organized at the back in that game though.

both teams brought their c team and danes are better that also includes their a team

I'm pretty pleased with that and thought our defense played better than others seem to. Jakovic and Attakora nicely handled a lot of pressure at times. Ledgerwood is linking very well with our mids/forwards. Ricketts has been good coming back to help Ledgerwood out -- much better than I would have expected.

Better performance. You could see the unfamiliarity play out as times as players didn't know when to pass off their man or continue marking a guy through his run. Like to see us sub a few of the black-holes out there who can't possess a ball or give their teammates a proper pass.

Anyway, I doubt we'll be able to hold this fort through 90 minutes so I hope we have a plan to push them back a bit more in the second half.

Jackovic is much better tonight. Morgan isn't as good as many TFC supporters have given him credit for in the past (myself included). His defending is "leisurely" Please sub out Terry Dunfield and let a player with some technical ability take his place.

If I had a quarter for every time someone said that.

The boys need to MOVE off the ball, the US is doing it well and its the reason they are controlling. When we get the ball we're far too stagnant and predictable. Defensive organization has been good so far, the midfield has done well to shield the back line and when called upon they've won their aerial battles.

Jackovic is much better tonight. Morgan isn't as good as many TFC supporters have given him credit for in the past (myself included). His defending is "leisurely"Please sub out Terry Dunfield and let a player with some technical ability take his place.

Morgan seems to think he's this great left back. #NastyLeftBack on tweets... like give me a break. He has a TON of work to do to be a full time MNT player. He needs to get up to speed at this level and stop delaying on the ball, he's trying to make plays he can get away with at MLS level and he's getting burned.

Archived