USA - Canada 29th January 2013 in Houston Friendly(R)

Max

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funniest comment in that whole article:

Also, give Canada credit for rebounding from last week's debacle, staying organized, and forcing an impotent U.S. to beat them. They can't; we've seen this play before, both in last year's 0-0 draw and when the Under-23 lost 2-0 in Olympic qualifying. The fact that the American coaching staff continues to be surprised and almost offended that Canada would play this way is perhaps the most concerning thing of the entire ordeal.

The one intelligent thing that the ESPN broadcasters said last night was "The US needs to learn to deal with teams that bunker and counter". He went on to mention Jamaica and says that "this won't be the last time they face this so they better learn how to break it down".

By the way I agree that a 22 year old keeper is no where near his prime. They age like wine so lets see what he is like at 27 or 28.

Isn't it a little early to be making those proclamations considering he's a 22 year old keeper?

Well, I was just expressing the feeling I had after watching him play. When I think I see potential, like when I saw Borjan play for the first time against Greece, I say it and when I see less potential I say it as well.

I'm not writing him or his pro career off, I'm just saying I doubt he'll be a starter for the MNT specially with Milan being only 3 years older.

I agree with loyola that Borjan at 22 looked much better than Simon Thomas at 22.

At 22 Borjan was a backup in the Serbian leagues who hadn't publicly expressed interest in Canada and none of us had heard of. I had no idea you were such an expert on Serbian soccer.

At 22 Borjan was a backup in the Serbian leagues who hadn't publicly expressed interest in Canada and none of us had heard of. I had no idea you were such an expert on Serbian soccer.

At least he was getting playing time back then. Thomas doesn't even have a club right now and will be 23 in a few months.

Archived