Voyageurs 2012 International Female Player of the Year

Lord Bob

It's year end and once again the Voyageurs invite all members to participate in our annual polling for International Female Player of the Year.

As per tradition all submissions for the POTY will be conducted in public, in this topic. You are welcome to edit your submission at any time up until the deadline for submissions.

Rules

The deadline for submissions is 12:01 AM (EST) January 1st, New Years Day 2013.

Submissions for POTY must have a first place selection and can also include a second, and third place selection.

A point system is used to calculate a players points total at the completion of polling. A player will receive 5 points for a 1st place selection, 3 points for a 2nd place selection, and 1 point for a third place selection.

The player with the highest final aggregate total will be declared the Voyageurs Female International Player of the Year.

Only one submission per IP address. Additional submissions from the same IP address allowed entirely at the Administrators discretion.

For a player to be eligible for the Voyageurs International Female Player of the Year the player must have been selected for international duty at either the senior or U20 level in 2012 and be eligible to play for Canada, in accordance with FIFA laws & statutes, as of December 4th, 2012.

Previous Winners:

2009 Karina LeBlanc

2010 Christine Sinclair

2011 Christine Sinclair

I'm with squizz. By the way, what's with all the Matheson love? She was injured for a big chunk of the year, and was still getting her groove back during the Olympics. I think she's great, just not this year.

Edit: okay, she did score the winner for the Bronze medal.

I'm with squizz. By the way, what's with all the Matheson love? She was injured for a big chunk of the year, and was still getting her groove back during the Olympics. I think she's great, just not this year.

Edit: okay, she did score the winner for the Bronze medal.

I thought Matheson was very good during the Olympics, but I admit I gave her points over Schmidt for That Goal in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Christine Sinclair, who wins her third consecutive and the first ever unanimous Voyageurs International Player of the Year!

Final Results

Christine Sinclair: 20 1st - 100 points

Desiree Scott: 9 2nd, 4 3rd - 31 points

Melissa Tancredi: 7 2nd, 7 3rd - 28 points

Diana Matheson: 1 2nd, 5 3rd - 8 points

Sophie Schmidt: 1 2nd, 2 3rd - 5 points

Lauren Sesselmann: 1 2nd, 1 3rd - 4 points

Kelly Parker: 1 2nd - 3 points

Carmelina Moscato: 1 3rd - 1 point

Archived