Cuba-Canada in game thread (R)

Free kick

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Froze at that moment for me! lol... luckily i didnt see it hit the bar or the whole office would have known what i was up to :)

Half-time thoughts:

- held possession reasonably well

- limited the counter, three mids doing well breaking up chances

- de guzman showing, holding and distributing well

- dero has made some room for himself outside but you can tell he's a cuban priority

- cubans don't counter well, can't string passes when under pressure

- final ball has lacked, though we have had sustained pressure at times

- jazic needs to get forward more

- one of the three in the middle needs to push forward into attack at times

- like to see what others have said with jackson on for ricketts and maybe morgan for jazic

Good half!

Thought at teh half:

- Cuba is terrible team. It would be shame to not get three points in this game.

- Dero was our best player. Deguz was good and a central D looks good.

- we got a better as the half wore on but we could not put chock hold on them because of our spotting distribution.

- i wish we would have played half backs with more pace and ability to push fwd.

Dero is playing well. hart is wise to pin him to the left side. much more effective when he cannot try to do too much.

Still think we miss some of his guile, when he plays more central to the 18. Still having a decent game on the left though.

Yes we need the 3 points here, I'd like us to push one midfielder further up the pitch, as it stands I'd go with Johnson and let Deguzman continue his role and leave Ledgerwood deep to break up play. This game tactically with our roster I would have gone with Jackovic for Hainault and probably used Issey and Jackson wide with Dero in the middle. Vs Cuba we need players good on the ball who can keep posession and run at the Cubans.

Thought at teh half:

- Cuba is terrible team. It would be shame to not get three points in this game.

- Dero was our best player. Deguz was good and a central D looks good.

- we got a better as the half wore on but we could not put chock hold on them because of our spotting distribution.

- i wish would have played half backs with more pace and ability to push fwd.

Edgar usually does...wonder if maybe Hart told the guys to hold some back for the 2nd half in this heat or something? But yeah I'd prefer a pushing half back rather than a Jazic against a Cuban team. All the players from the US game deserved a 2nd chance, that I agree with, but a touch naive to think that the same 11 are useful in the same way against a MUCH different opponent. I'd play Jazic again if our opponent was US again, but Cuba is begging for more offense against them.

Archived