Cuba-Canada in game thread (R)

Free kick

Nothing confirmed yet, but he was indeed holding his hamstring and limped onto the field after the game. Maybe it was just cramping from dehydration. The big guys suffer most in these conditions. At least I am hoping it is a cramp and not a tear.

I think that was just some gamesmanship on our part. I'm sure Occean is okay.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hart apparently said the track around the field was melting it was so hot

When the Cuban players find it hot in Havana you KNOW it's hot in Havana.

Horrid game, great goal, think the Cuban's will need to bunker on the return leg. They are awful.

Why is it that no matter a positive result some people want to analyze and find negatives? Chrissakes, smoke a joint or something, drink a bloody beer, celebrate the victory, and be happy about 3 points in 30+ degrees celcius on a crappy pitch, bad Cuban team or not.

Great post! I just went through some of the match thread and you guys that were in your air conditioned offices watching a stream of this have no idea how tough it was there! I was honestly worried we'd have medical emergencies from heat exhaustion from our players! I know they're pros and had a camp in Florida but short of training for a couple of months in that stuff, nothing can prepare you! Put it this way, most days it was too hot for us to drink beer on the beach in the breeze at 2PM!

• 3 weeks later...

Canada / Cuba REPLAY right now on SNW , i knew I heard it right , Dobson at the end of the half , "stay tuned for the rest of the Amway Championship match between Canada and Cuba ....

My first look at the game since Cuba ,,what a cross by Edgar and power header by Occean

Archived