Canadians abroad: February 10-16, 2012

DJT

- Simpson started on the bench for Young Boys, away to Sion in the Swiss Super League. "Young Boys Bern make their first substitution with Josh Simpson replacing David Degen." YB scored a PK late in the match and won 1-0. Good debut for Josh!

- Pacheco started for Santa Clara away to Atletico CP in a Liga de Honra match that ended 0-0.

- Klukowski played 90 for sinking ship Manisaspor as they suffered a red card and lost 3-1 at home to Bursaspor

- Canadian winger Sherif El-Masri apparently had his side's best chances as Courts Young Lions lost their first match of the season, 1-0 at home to Woodlands Wellington

-Dejan Jakovic played the first hour of DC's 2-1 loss to KC in Casa Grande, Arizona, picking up a yellow for a reckless challenge. Good to see him back to health - it will be a big year for him and he may have to fight to get is starting CB spot back for Canada.

- Jazic played the first half of Chivas' preseason tune-up vs Chicago Fire. Chicago won 1-0.

- As expected, Brisbane Roar kept Issey out of their Asian CL squad, and today it looks like he even didn't make the bench for their league match, a 2-0 win over Wellington that leaves them in second in the A-League:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/issey-nakajima-farran-odd-man-out-of-brisbane-roars-asian-champions-league-squad/story-e6frf4gl-1226264341066

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A huge win as they were in 4th and defeated 3rd place Paderborn moving to the top of the table in the process. However, the current 2nd and 3rd place teams both have a game in hand and play each other tomorrow. All possible outcomes of that game will slide them down to 2nd tomorrow but they will still be in an automatic promotion spot.

In less pleasant news DeJong started for Augsburg today but was subbed out due to an ankle injury in the 8th minute.

Paderborn were also cruising on a 5 matchs winning streak. This article has OO as the best player on the pitch for Furth with teamate Sararer:

http://www.rp-online.de/sport/fussball/zweiteliga/tabellenspitze-fuerth-zerlegt-paderborn-1.2705892

OO is currently tie at the top with 19 points and the second leading goalscorer with 11 goals.

In less pleasant news DeJong started for Augsburg today but was subbed out due to an ankle injury in the 8th minute.

Without seeming like too much of a troll... sadly, this is why he is 3rd on the depth chart at LB for us. Has the guy made it through one full season in the last three years???

That is two games in a row Jackson has started. Amazingly, he seems to have taken Norwich's second leading scorer (8 goals) Morison's spot, as both times it was Morison coming in for Jackson late and basically playing the same position Jackson was.

Simeon's resilience is amazing!

Amazing also as he is getting more starts while Norwich is in the top half of the table. It's not like he's being put in more because they are in trouble, he is getting more playing time as they are doing very well. At the start of the season it wouldn't have been surprising to suspect that Jackson would be riding the bench much of the season and that Norwich would be fighting to stave off the drop. Instead, he's getting more playing time and making great contributions to the team while they are continuing to be very competitive ... couldn't be much better, could it?

Without seeming like too much of a troll... sadly, this is why he is 3rd on the depth chart at LB for us. Has the guy made it through one full season in the last three years???

I do not recall him being injured much if at all at Roda JC two seasons ago, and last year in B2 he was relatively injury free. It has only been this season he has struggled. It is more of a bad luck issue than anything. He is certainly fighting for a starting spot

Wasn't sure if it goes here or MOACA.......feel free to move

Daniel Ochociński 21years old(from TORONTO LYNX but with Polish/Canadian Passport) is being currently TESTED in POLAND's 2liga(3rd division) Baltyk Gdynia.

He succesfully played in a friendly on Feb2nd, 2012 against GTS Kolbudy 5liga(6th division) Scoring 2goals(the 1:1 equalizer, 3:1 and penalty kick for 4:1) and "working out" a penalty kick........

http://www.baltyk.gdynia.pl/ CLUB PAGE

NEWS:

http://sport.trojmiasto.pl/Udany-deb...ia-n55093.html

Interesting that he is playing as a Striker NOT Defence anymore.

4.02 Baltyk Gdynia - Orkan Rumia 0:1 _______3liga(4th division)

Ochocinski played 45min and was subbed. He only managed 1shot on goal

http://sport.trojmiasto.pl/Bramkarz-...ia-n55179.html

9.02 Baltyk Gdynia - Koral Debica 3liga(4th division) 4:0

Ochocinski played opened the score with a shot in the 10th minute for 1:0

http://vimeo.com/36439298 the goal is around the 15second mark

He played 45min and was replaced by 23yrs old American Lawrence Papaleo(Syracuse I believe)....he played from 46-70min when the Coach took him off the field after he had 3chance to score but couldn't finish(hitting the wood twice)

http://m.trojmiasto.pl/news/Amerykan...ce-n55314.html

---- Interesting side note ----

Papaleo has already signed a contract with the team and is awaiting for a work permit. The Team's coach TOPOLSKI is a friend of Papaleo's Dad..........

11.02 Baltyk Gdynia - Olympia Elblag 0:0

Ochocinski was at the game but in civilian clothes. Could be to the fact that the coach rested a bunch of players and wanted to checkout a few new possible additions.

That was the 7th out of 15 friendlies to be played before the 2nd half of the season resumes. Baltyk Gdynia is in a Releguation spot at the moment(15th out of 18 teams) Bottom 5teams get relegated

Adam Straith earns a "2" rating from Kicker for his performance in Saarbruecken's last match, making him the co-highest rated Saarbruecken player. Sounds like his loan move is off to a good start.

OO was on the B2 team of the week and received a 2.

JBB received a 3.

When healthy he is 1st on the depth chart. When he is injured he is unavailable. Your logic would put Hutch 3rd on the Mid Field Depth Chart.

I do not recall him being injured much if at all at Roda JC two seasons ago, and last year in B2 he was relatively injury free. It has only been this season he has struggled. It is more of a bad luck issue than anything. He is certainly fighting for a starting spot

Well... when I joined this forum.. not too long ago... I think he was injured... got healthy... injured during training for Canada or shortly before that... has been back for how many games.. and is injured again...

For reasons of team cohesion... i.e. the same player playing together... this affects depth.. 40 playced for Augsburg since 2010... I don't know how long the german season is... but that's not a lot of games for a defender.... not by EPL standards anyway

When healthy he is 1st on the depth chart. When he is injured he is unavailable. Your logic would put Hutch 3rd on the Mid Field Depth Chart.

If you are so up on logic how did you miss my premise that it is due to being INJURED OFTEN that this is the case for De Jong... no point in talking about a guy if he's injured all the time...

I was not aware Hutchinson had a history of such issues... though ... the fact that he has been on the bench for PSV most of the games since his return (correct me on this if I'm wrong) actually would serve to prove my point.

It is a tragic but very real fact of sports. When you get hurt, you sometimes lose your spot.

Italy - Lega Pro

Paganese (Stillo) 0 - 2 Lamezia

Stillo actually started today, conceded 1 goal on a PK, another on what his team believes to be a goal that should have been called back for a handball that directed it into the net and took some stiches to the head for good measure.

Archived