The +1 Pledge (Let's all take it)

DontPanic

I, (state your name), pledge to bring at least one more person to me to the next Canadian Soccer Game than I did last time. If I did not bring anyone last time I will bring 2 with me this time.

I will encourage all those who came last time to also bring 1 more friend.

If the game is not within a reasonable distance to drive (and there is no organized V's tour) and there is no suitable "public house"I pledge to bring over one more friend to watch at my house (or their house). If at my house I will not be cheap and spring for a case of beer.

If there is a soccer friendly pub in my area I will inquire of them and implore them to show the game and will attend bring 1 more friend (Rob not counting) with me. If possible I will provide them a poster for their window announcing the game and inviting others to join fellow V's there.

Between now and game time I will talk about the game with whoever I can and encourage them to attend. If I have a blog or twitter I will blog or tweet about it.

I will do this because I am a Voyageur and that is what we do.

Taken the pledge

Dontpanic

Redcoatsforever

rob.notenboom

thaub

Siralphonsoapplegate

socceronly

ryan

sam

jamesw

tuscan

chrisb

mserson

kodiaktfc

dsqpr

goaliegrey

scottie

sloth8

I, RedcoatsForever, pledge to bring at least one more person to me to the next Canadian Soccer Game than I did last time. If I did not bring anyone last time I will bring 2 with me this time.

(I removed a bunch that doesn't apply, since I'll be in T.O.)

Between now and game time I will talk about the game with whoever I can and encourage them to attend.

I will do this because I am a Voyageur and that is what we do.

Also, to add; the guy we're bringing to the Honduras match is Salvadoran-Canadian. Double hate and he can teach us Spanish insults! :D

I, Sir Alphonso Applegate, pledge to bring at least one more person to me to the next Canadian Soccer Game than I did last time.

I will do this because I am a Voyageur, damn proud of it, and that is what we do.

Last round I brought out a couple dozen people to each game, from work, family, friends, teammates, you name it. All except my Pops and best friend had never seen Canada play before. I'm gonna do better this upcoming round...PROMISE !!!

Also the focus should be on getting people to the Honduras game not the US game. If people want to go to both great encourage them to. But the Honduras game will be the harder one to ensure a pro-Canadian atmosphere at and 10000000000 times more important.

Also the focus should be on getting people to the Honduras game not the US game. If people want to go to both great encourage them to. But the Honduras game will be the harder one to ensure a pro-Canadian atmosphere at and 10000000000 times more important.

+1 (no pun intended)

I will work diligently to bring 5 people out to our next viewing party, and am going to try to encourage family I have in Ontario to make the trek to TO for the WCQs I'll attend (and hopefully the Centennial, assuming I'm in the stadium and not on a flight).

Agree with this 100%

Unfortunately for me, with the nature of my job it is a lot easier to get people out on the weekends, which is why I'll get more to the US game. I will probably buy 10 tickets for Honduras anyway and give some away if I can't find people.

Nice idea. Much more relevant for those of you in the vicinity though. Airfare + Hotel + Expenses is a tough sell for one football match!

Great to see you Torontonians standing up to be counted.

J

Yes. But those not in the area can host a party or get an event going at a local pub.

I flew out to Toronto on my own for the St. Lucia match, and will be flying out for the Honduras match, and have already convinced at least two of my buddies to fly out with me! There will be a tad more prairie representation!

Respect that! I did the same for the last round, and even though the results weren't there the trips were lots of fun! Can't say I'll be around for any of this round as I'm moving to New Zealand in april, but I'll try to watch the games online.. maybe I'll turn some kiwis onto the CMNT?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I will be bringing 10 people to the Panama game in September (7 of whom have never been to a CMNT game)!! I am trying hard to drum up support for the other 2 WCQ games. The fact that the Honduras game is on a Tuesday is tough for most of my friends and colleagues here in Ottawa. However, I have encouraged anyone I know who lives in Toronto to contact me to get tickets for them!

It's been tough but so far I think I've got 6 for the USA game, 6 for the Honduras game and 4 for the other two. Still trying to convince more peeps but don't forget we're all coming from Ottawa.

Jamie how easy it for you to check what tickets have been ordered and for who? I can't remember what I've got coming to me. If it's a hassle don't worry about it as I'm sure I'll be able to grab a few tickets closer to the games if I need to.

It's been tough but so far I think I've got 6 for the USA game, 6 for the Honduras game and 4 for the other two. Still trying to convince more peeps but don't forget we're all coming from Ottawa.

Jamie how easy it for you to check what tickets have been ordered and for who? I can't remember what I've got coming to me. If it's a hassle don't worry about it as I'm sure I'll be able to grab a few tickets closer to the games if I need to.

I can check tomorrow. Will PM you.

Archived