Maple Leaf Forever Display on Scoreboard

hamiltonfan

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sux if it's a no go.. i'm starting to get super pumped for sun.. and especially Honduras!
Why do we think the average Canadian would be familiar with this tune? I can't imagine anyone much under the age of 60 would have sung it in school regularly. And it's neither catchy or memorable (I seem to recall from the once or twice I might have ever have heard it).

Why do we think the average Canadian would be familiar with this tune? I can't imagine anyone much under the age of 60 would have sung it in school regularly. And it's neither catchy or memorable (I seem to recall from the once or twice I might have ever have heard it).

Our attempts are to make it memorable, as it has history and embodies Canada. Any Veee can attest that when a drunken rendition of Oh Canada is the only patriotic song that gets broken out 5 times a game, it gets a little tiresome. Hence our search for something else to call our own.

Sounds like same old story haha. 90% of people think it's a beauty and a total no brainer. A chance to have a unique, distinctly Canadian song to sing at games instead of the usual suspects and "oh canada" but we can never seem to get this off the ground... It's a homerun for me and sure there would be some growing pains but it's totally worth it.

I've never been that big on singing this tune, but I agree something needs to be added here.

When I watch that link above to the Penarol supporters, I want something like that. Up beat, fun, chanting, etc. I think we'd be a lot more successful in getting more singers, more casuals wanting to learn it if it sounds fun to do. MLF comes off as slow and blah to me.

Has anybody ever floated singing "The Bold Canadian"? (why aren't there many lively tunes about Canada?)

Also, for MLF, I think it would catch on if we did something like singing it on kickoff, maybe just one simple verse along with the chorus? Also, I have to say I think the average fan would be more receptive to the version Bublé busted out at the winter Olympics than they would the older version.

I think the average fan would be more receptive to the version Bublé busted out at the winter Olympics than they would the older version.

I will say that his pipes and the orchestra made that performance a little better than we could A Cappella, but totally agree that it would get people more pumped. I've long said if we could, out of patriotic peer pressure, get him to show up and sing it (or anne murray, or beebs), we could start something

I like the song, some people don't but we all agree we need something.

I am going to make myself listen to this 50 times this weekend. I promise to try really really hard to like it.

For a stadium wide go at something, if we get that opportunity, as much as I panned it earlier for being corporately inspired, I think the arrogant worms I Am Canadian song with one small simple modification would be better.

We are freaks. Remember that.

Bumping this post because even if is 100% corporate inspired, I think its the best alternative since more non-V people have actually heard if it. And hell, you can use the first verse on the road (Cuba!) and the second verse at home.

I know this place is where I am

No other place is better than

No matter where I go I am

Proud to be Canadian

I am, you know I am

I am Canadian

I am, you know I am

I am Canadian

I love this country where I am

This land is where I make my stand

No other heart is truer than

The one we call Canadian

I am, you know I am

Know I am

I am Canadian

Know I am

I am, you know I am

Know I am

I am Canadian

I am Canadian!

Play it on continuous loop at Maro. Perhaps not for the whole 3 hours (!), but maybe 3 or 4 x 20 minute sessions. People will probably start singing it there and by KO there will be a decent sized group of people who know the tune and the words.

Agreed. Anything else we can put on there? Does Maro have the ability to play tunes?

Bumping this post because even if is 100% corporate inspired, I think its the best alternative since more non-V people have actually heard if it. And hell, you can use the first verse on the road (Cuba!) and the second verse at home.

This one used to bother me, now not so much. It's been over 10 years since this ad came out and we might even get lucky and have molson coors sponsor a party.

Let's get on board to try it.

Does anybody have the song sheet? Or a link to the song sheet?

File attached. As always, I'll be taking suggestions for songs to be added and am willing to make any amendments and/or add a back page. But if it is just one page, be aware of limited space.

File attached. As always, I'll be taking suggestions for songs to be added and am willing to make any amendments and/or add a back page. But if it is just one page, be aware of limited space.

Sweet thanks brother.

My only suggestion would be the song from the Molson Canadian ad mentioned earlier in the thread, I love it but I know some people hate it.

Proud to be Canadian

I am, you know I am

I am Canadian

I am, you know I am

I am Canadian

The one we call Canadian

I am, you know I am

Know I am

I am Canadian

Know I am

I am, you know I am

Know I am

I am Canadian

I am Canadian!

2nd verse would be great!

Proud to be Canadian

I am, you know I am

I am Canadian

I am, you know I am

I am Canadian

The one we call Canadian

I am, you know I am

Know I am

I am Canadian

Know I am

I am, you know I am

Know I am

I am Canadian

I am Canadian!

This song is getting me ridiculously pumped up now. We should be able to at least do the "I am, I know I am, I am Canadian" chorus part, it is very, very easy to learn.

I like the "I am Canadian" song too, Although could we drop the bit where they echo "Know I am" in between lines? Seems like something that requires coordination and therefore might be difficult to get other sections into it. (which I'm always holding out hope is a distinct possibility)

I like the "I am Canadian" song too, Although could we drop the bit where they echo "Know I am" in between lines? Seems like something that requires coordination and therefore might be difficult to get other sections into it. (which I'm always holding out hope is a distinct possibility)

Yeah I was thinking just going off the first chorus which doesn't have the echo. But yeah I think it could sound really good. Cal - Any chance to add this to the song sheet?

Yup, I will add it.

Any others that are missing? That were suggested and not tried? Thinking caps boys and girls; if it's gonna be a two sided sheet let's fill some space.

I Just Can't Get Enough

Also we still need the White House song...I'd suggest just the short version

Oh the Yanks picked a fight in 1812

Oh the Yanks picked a fight, yes the Yanks picked a fight

So we burned the ****ing white house to the ground

So we burned the ****ing white house, yes we burned the ****ing white house

Honestly, as much as I <3 it I'd probably cut out Maple Leaf Forever from the sheet, since if we're not going to sing it, it takes up a lot of space on there haha (e: unless we're going two sides in which case we're fine)

Honestly, as much as I <3 it I'd probably cut out Maple Leaf Forever from the sheet, since if we're not going to sing it, it takes up a lot of space on there haha (e: unless we're going two sides in which case we're fine)

OR we just FINALLY F'IN SING IT!!! since we can apparently learn all of these others no sweat... ammiright!!????

OR we just FINALLY F'IN SING IT!!! since we can apparently learn all of these others no sweat... ammiright!!????

We'll find an audio system to play it and see if people get into it. I agree, Let's **** or get off the pot boys.

Archived