Montreal Impact 2011 Roster

Alberto7

The impact will soon start its training camp(Feb. 1) I thought I would list who is under contract and who is no longer on the team:

As of today there are 13 players under contract for 2011:

Badescu (GK)

Aaboubou (D)

Billy (D)

Braz (D)

Pelletier (D)

Pizzolitto (D)

Di Lorenzo (M)

Ribeiro (M)

Testo (M)

Agouram (F)

Mayard (F)

Gerba (F)

Terminesi (F)

OUT:

Charles (released)

Pastel (released)

Placentino (released)

Sebrango (released)

Leduc (released)

De Roux (released)

Limbo:

Jordan (still in negotiations)

Djekanovic (Martin Smith wrote in his blog that he has been released but no official word yet)

Donatelli (??)

Gatti (??)

Le Gall (??)

Please add any updates you might have

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I updated the first post to include the info about De Roux (which I had read somewhere but couldn't remember where) and added Le Gall in the Limbo section.

FYI, There is an article on the Radio-Canada web site that says that negotiations with Jordan have been ongoing since the end of the season!! The tone of the article seemed to suggest that he won't be back. De Santis clearly said that they were looking at other options.

Why aren't the Impact holding on to De Roux? Everytime I saw him I thought he was one of Montreal's best players. Solid left back and good going forward

Because defensively he wasn't good, so you don't want him as a left back. He's supposed to be a left winger/midfielder but that position has been Di Lorenzo's (in the last few years), who's always one of our top players and is pretty consistent. So that's pretty much it.

Did we ever find out whatever happened to Cedric Joqueviel and if he will ever comeback to the Impact this season as his rights still belong to the club?

It's funny cause I read he received his Canadian Citizenship and is eligible to play for the national team. Hey if Diesel can play without a club why can't Joqueviel ;)

From the recent press release: INVITATIONAL TRAINING CAMP

The Impact is organizing an invitational training camp from January 24 to 28, at the Bell Sports Complex, in Brossard. About 30 players will be invited by the team’s technical staff. They will all be vying for a spot with the Impact’s first team at the club’s official training camp. The players will consist of Academy players, foreign players, as well as American university players.

Interesting. I really hope they invited Sean Rosa and Etienne Boulanger, two university midfielders who play for Brown and UNC Wilmington. Both guys led their teams in scoring and had fantastic seasons.

Why aren't the Impact holding on to De Roux? Everytime I saw him I thought he was one of Montreal's best players. Solid left back and good going forward

To elaborate on what Mastak posted, De Roux was one of our technically strongest players but due to the strong competition in midfield and our lack of depth in the back played out of position as a defender most of the time in Montreal. I agree with Mastak that he was often poor defensively but looked very good going forward. He sometimes did make good defensive plays due to his technical ability but lacked the discipline and judgement about when to go forward and when to concentrate on his defensive abilities. Once we had the two defenders from France, Billy and Pelletier, he wasn't a first choice any more as a back either. Plus I think there were some discipline/attitude issues with him as well. From what I have heard he has had some interest from a couple of MLS teams and I think he could be at least a decent depth midfielder for an MLS team. He is certainly a better player than some of TFC's midfielders from last year.

I would be surprised to see Gatti back this year. From what I have heard he was one of the lower paid players on the team and last year the Impact exercised the option year of his contract, ie. did not want to offer him more money. Was a pretty solid player for us in my opinion. Of course such decisions often come down to options, if there is a lack of other options at a price they are willing to pay maybe the Impact will offer him more money or if Gatti has a lack of other teams to play for maybe he will sign for the same amount again.

I am surprised we haven't heard of Edmonton offering more contracts to ex-Caps and Impact players though maybe that is still to come. With the Caps releasing a lot of players because of MLS and the Impact (hopefully) trying to upgrade to bridge the gap to 2012, there are a lot of good solid NASL level players available. If Edmonton is willing to offer a decent wage to some of these guys, they could probably have a pretty strong team next year that is much better than a typical expansion team.

I am surprised we haven't heard of Edmonton offering more contracts to ex-Caps and Impact players though maybe that is still to come. With the Caps releasing a lot of players because of MLS and the Impact (hopefully) trying to upgrade to bridge the gap to 2012, there are a lot of good solid NASL level players available. If Edmonton is willing to offer a decent wage to some of these guys, they could probably have a pretty strong team next year that is much better than a typical expansion team.

I am kind of suprised as well, but you have to admit that they have been able to dig up pretty good players internationally, as well as offering up our best local Alberta talent to the North American soccer limelight.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Terminesi is not under contract. (released??)

Also, Le Gall is under contract.

http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=FR&ArticleID=1539&Focus=0

Treize joueurs sont actuellement sous contrat avec la formation montréalaise [...]

Il s’agit du gardien Andrei Badescu, des défenseurs Hicham Aaboubou, Philippe Billy, Adam Braz, Richard Pelletier et Nevio Pizzolitto, des milieux de terrain Leonardo Di Lorenzo, Anthony Le Gall, Pierre-Rudolph Mayard, Antonio Ribeiro et David Testo, de même que des attaquants Reda Agourram et Ali Gerba.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted the links in the training camp thread, but Camara is under contract and Chergui claims to have signed on his personal website although it's not confirmed by the club. Today they've acknowledged that they haven't signed Terminesi, Gatti or Djekanovic.

http://montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1550&Focus=0

There is a former Portland goalkeeper on trial as well as the midfeilder Kreamalmayer who has 8 assists last year for AC St-Louis.

So far we have:

GK: Gaudette, Badescu

D: Billy, Aboubou, Pizzolitto, Pelletier, Braz (surgery)

M: Dilorenzo, Ribeiro, LeGall, Camara, Mayard, Testo (surgery)

F: Gerba, Agouram, Chirgui (unconfirmed)

They really need a goalkeeper

I posted the links in the training camp thread, but Camara is under contract and Chergui claims to have signed on his personal website although it's not confirmed by the club. Today they've acknowledged that they haven't signed Terminesi, Gatti or Djekanovic.

http://montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1550&Focus=0

There is a former Portland goalkeeper on trial as well as the midfeilder Kreamalmayer who has 8 assists last year for AC St-Louis.

So far we have:

GK: Badescu

D: Billy, Aboubou, Pizzolitto, Pelletier, Braz (surgery)

M: Dilorenzo, Ribeiro, LeGall, Camara, Mayard, Testo (surgery)

F: Gerba, Agouram, Chirgui (unconfirmed)

They really need a goalkeeper

Matt Pyzdrowski Former Portland Timbers backup GK is also in camp. I'm hoping that he's not the solution, and that we bring in Gaudette or someone of his caliber at the very least.

The tweet from Philippe Germain of SRC is more convincing, if you like.

Selon une source bien informée à Porto Rico, le gardien Bill Gaudette se serait entendu avec l'Impact de Montréal pour la saison 2011.

http://ballonrondmontreal.blogspot.com/

http://montreal.theoffside.com/team-news/breaking-news-bill-gaudette-to-sign-with-impact-for-2012.html

Let me translate that:

"According to wikipedia, goalkeeper Bill Gaudette will join for the Montreal Impact for the 2011 season." ;)

Archived