Montreal Impact 2011 Roster

Alberto7

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a rough google translate on the Bernier article for our francolinguistically challenged friends

(CKAC Sports) - While fans are beginning to wonder if the Impact will react with a big shot in the middle of a season of misery and on the eve of its entry into MLS, Patrice Bernier is still no news of the Montreal organization.

Listen to the interview with Patrice Bernier to the issue of bed CKAC Sports Sports.

Same as that which is considered as the best soccer player in Quebec is currently being courted by the Vancouver Whitecaps, Impact of future opponent in Major League Soccer.

"An agent contacted me to tell me that Vancouver was looking for a player with a profile like mine, said Bernier CKAC Sports, Wednesday morning. However, my priority was to return to Montreal next season and for the future. "

"The timing is right for me"-Bernier

Patrice Bernier not bitter, but surprised at the silence of the team with which he played until 2000. In addition, the impact is required to align three Canadian players for his MLS debut.

"I am disappointed because I am a Montrealer. If I do not come back here, I would say it's a shame, but you make the right decisions for themselves. I met Nick De Santis (technical director of Impact) once and it was because I wanted to see Antonio Ribeiro in training. My agent has had no contact with the Impact and Nick I was not contacted, "confirmed the player who lined up in the first Danish league last season.

What is strange is to hear Bernier already Impact to the past, as if he had turned the page on a possible agreement with the team that will begin in 2012 a major turning point in its history.

"I will not say that the impact is not interested. I understand that they must first hire a coach, but now, the timing is right for me, I can not wait forever and it will also be much more complex if I sign back in Vancouver, "says the player Montreal .

http://www.ckac.com/soccer/nouvelles/je-suis-decu-parce-que-je-suis-montrealais-patr-88569.html

The entire press conference, here:

is much more interesting than the quick summaries that were in the news yesterday. In particular it is somewhat comforting to listen to Jordan go on at great length about the inner workings of the MLS, the drafts and contract structures... at least there is one guy who is willing to do his homework and seems legitimately interested in learning. I also have to admit that some of the things Joey and NDS were saying pleased me to hear, such as their skepticism about huge-name DP stars, and their extremely non-commital stance on any current Impact players making the jump.

Guest Brethers

What do you guys make of Ian Westlake at Montreal? I know he has only played like 3 games, but I used to watch him when he played for Ipswich and I thought he was quite a good player. His career went off track a bit when in England when he moved to Leeds which was unfortunate. Also, I'm in Montreal at the minute and am considering watching the Impact, is it worth it?

What do you guys make of Ian Westlake at Montreal? I know he has only played like 3 games, but I used to watch him when he played for Ipswich and I thought he was quite a good player. His career went off track a bit when in England when he moved to Leeds which was unfortunate. Also, I'm in Montreal at the minute and am considering watching the Impact, is it worth it?

Definitely come down! It's fun. The atmosphere is a work in progress (other than the kop) but the product is about like watching a mid-table League 1 game. Yes I sit with a guy who watched him play a lot as well and had similar opinions to you about him. In the last game he certainly appeared to be capable of making some nice plays, in particular a good final pass that should have resulted in a goal. Hopefully we'll see more of that.

Guest Brethers
Definitely come down! It's fun. The atmosphere is a work in progress (other than the kop) but the product is about like watching a mid-table League 1 game. Yes I sit with a guy who watched him play a lot as well and had similar opinions to you about him. In the last game he certainly appeared to be capable of making some nice plays, in particular a good final pass that should have resulted in a goal. Hopefully we'll see more of that.

I'll have to make a trip sometime before I leave then! He does have the ability to deliver a good ball from what I remember, he should really help the team out especially if you compare it to league 1 standard. Any home games coming up?

I'll have to make a trip sometime before I leave then! He does have the ability to deliver a good ball from what I remember, he should really help the team out especially if you compare it to league 1 standard. Any home games coming up?

There is a game tonight at 8 and one Wednesday at 7:30. So far he hasn't really stood out that much but his last game was probably his best so far so maybe he just needs time to get used to his teammates and the style of play.

Guest Brethers

Well lads I've decided I'm going tomorrow! What is the best way to get there in the metro from Cremazie? And how much is a ticket?

Guest Brethers

I'm probably going to go for a 10 dollar ticket, living on a budget and all that ;) Ok, so get to Viau and it's basically in view? Ok, my last question is (and I'm assuming you can, but don't want to look a fool) can you buy tickets on the turnstiles?

I'm probably going to go for a 10 dollar ticket, living on a budget and all that ;) Ok, so get to Viau and it's basically in view? Ok, my last question is (and I'm assuming you can, but don't want to look a fool) can you buy tickets on the turnstiles?

Yes if you make your way around to the front gate

Only 31 minutes this season... Hm.

On another note, people have been advocating giving more Academy players a crack at the first team in these tough times... They give Ilcu the start, and he does well. Why bring another 20 years old in the mix?? When he hasn't proven anything yet. Lots of guys to choose from in the U21 to fill the holes for this season.

João Vitor Mesquita Viapiana on trial with Impact for 10 days

21 year old Brazilian most recently cut from Reggiana (Serie B) pre-season camp

Seems that they are prioritizing adding youth development type players... not sure what to make of that

Are the new players coming in now from Mr Marsch's own scouting? Or are they still patching holes?

I think the MLS is trying to save Montreal from further embarrassment. It makes sense too. The Impact were a joke. With all the help they've been getting from the MLS, they might even get close to a playoff spot.

I think the MLS is trying to save Montreal from further embarrassment. It makes sense too. The Impact were a joke. With all the help they've been getting from the MLS, they might even get close to a playoff spot.

WTF? Why do you think MLS would give a sh** about how Montreal did this year?

No-one is more aware of the gigantic failures of the Impact front office than Impact fans ourselves.

That said, what in the name of all that is good and sacred in this world are you talking about?

Archived