Montreal Impact 2011 Roster

Alberto7

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes and no, it would be a good move this year but what happens in 2012. His MLS rights would remain with the Whitecaps or not. I would'nt want Montreal to continue his development to then have to give a compensation to Vancouver next year.

I'm assuming it's not BETWEEN him and Kreamalmayer, as that would appear to be a no-brainer given Kreamalmayer's wealth of experience, good NASL numbers and lack of a complicating MLS rights problem.

Yes and no, it would be a good move this year but what happens in 2012. His MLS rights would remain with the Whitecaps or not. I would'nt want Montreal to continue his development to then have to give a compensation to Vancouver next year.

I don't think his MLS rights would stay with Vancouver for longer than a year.

Surely Montreal have looked into it if they are prepared to bring him in.

I don't think his MLS rights would stay with Vancouver for longer than a year.

Surely Montreal have looked into it if they are prepared to bring him in.

Agreed I believe his MLS rights would transfer to Montreal because if you think about it what's the difference? He played on their USSF2 team in 2010 sure but he's going to be on Montreal's team in 2011 so that would be basically the same situation. And how unfair would it be if the caps were able to hold onto the rights of all players even if they didn't sign them (i.e. Gage).

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Kyle+Porter+switches+camps+from+Whitecaps+Montreal+Impact/4295891/story.html

Looks official-ish now

Gatti is under rated and probably a bit under appreciated by a few of those in management. I think Gatti wanted a bit more money to re-sign but Montreal was reluctant to give it to him and then getting injured for half the season didn't help his cause. I think Gatti tried some other options but either they didn't work out, the offer wasn't better than what Montreal was offering or possibly Montreal increased their offer. We pretty much have filled our foreigner quota so we need to sign Canadian and American players (who both count as domestics throughout the league despite MLS claims that this is not legal). Even though I am surprised, I am certainly happy to see Gatti back and I hope they did give him a bit of a raise.

Kreamalmayer has signed.

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/soccer/2011/02/17/001-impact-kreamalmayer-contrat.shtml

List of players now under contract with the Impact :

Defenders : Aaboubou, Billy, Braz, Hatchi, Pelletier, Pizzolitto (Gatti could be used on the left)

Midfielders : Camara, Di Lorenzo, Gatti, Kreamalmayer, Le Gall, Mayard, Ribeiro, Testo, (Cossette)

Forwards : Agourram, Ech Chergui, Gerba, Terminesi

Goalkeepers : Badescu, (Gaudette)

That's 19 players under contract. Rumors are Bill Gaudette would sign with us (Hopefully!), and the youngster Kevin Cossette could stay with the first team. That would bring it to 21 players, and we'd only miss one. (Probably a defender or a forward?)

Edit : Badescu has been released so that's 18 players under contract and an urgent need for goalkeepers.

Well we got our naturally left-sided defender... Tsiskaridze signs as well

http://montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1557&Focus=0

I seem to remember him getting chewed up by the Billy/DiLo right side of the Impact last year... can any Caps fans weight in on what type of player he is?

More importantly..... Badescu terminates his contract... leaving the club with exactly, ZERO goalkeepers under contract heading to Arizona.

Tsiskaridze was a pretty good left back, but raw (he is only, what, 24?) He was athletic and had a good idea on how to keep it simple. He did get out of position sometimes and turned by really good passes, but on balance he was still a fine LB and a vast, vast improvement on the guy who replaced him at the end of the season, Willis Forko. I was disappointed the Whitecaps didn't give him a chance at an MLS spot.

Tsiskaridze was a pretty good left back, but raw (he is only, what, 24?) He was athletic and had a good idea on how to keep it simple. He did get out of position sometimes and turned by really good passes, but on balance he was still a fine LB and a vast, vast improvement on the guy who replaced him at the end of the season, Willis Forko. I was disappointed the Whitecaps didn't give him a chance at an MLS spot.

Thanks for that.

I like how the Impact are making sure they at least have a starting 10 fielders that are either high-end NASL or potential MLS caliber already. (Assuming the new French D2 imports are similar caliber to the existing ones). Just need to do the same with a keeper!

In this article

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/soccer/Impact+still+searching+veteran+goalkeeper/4281252/story.html

it's explained that Matt Pyzdrowski couldn't wait on the Impact any longer and left to pursue European options, and also that Bush has hurt his hand and could be still in the mix (I'm assuming for the backup position). Also Pizzolitto mentions that they have "heard someone is coming in"....

Well we got our naturally left-sided defender... Tsiskaridze signs as well

http://montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1557&Focus=0

I seem to remember him getting chewed up by the Billy/DiLo right side of the Impact last year... can any Caps fans weight in on what type of player he is?

Tsiskaridze was vastly over rated by the Vancouver fans and is not MLS calibre. He is a good player at the second division level but can not cross to save his life.

Archived