Montreal Impact 2011 Roster

Alberto7

Tsiskaridze was vastly over rated by the Vancouver fans and is not MLS calibre. He is a good player at the second division level but can not cross to save his life.

I agree. He is a physical player who plays with a lot of heart and not an abundance of skill. However, he is being signed as the backup left back so I think he is a pretty good signing for a backup especially with the first choice, Richard Pelletier, being suspended for the first six games of the season. I also don't expect him to be in the mix for MLS.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaudette joins the Impact officially!!

http://impactmontreal.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1560&Focus=0

The team is taking 24 players to continue their training camp in Arizona. 18 contracted players, 4 academy players and two trialists(good to see that Bush is getting another shot):

GK-Bill Gaudette

D-Hicham Aaboubou

F-Reda Agourram

D-Bonheur Aubey (Academy)

D-Philippe Billy

D-Adam Braz

GK-Evan Bush (on tryout)

M-Hassoun Camara

M-Félix Cardin (Academy)

M-Kevin Cosette (Academy)

M-Leonardo Di Lorenzo

GK-Samuel Dufort (Academy)

M-Idriss Ech Chergui

D-Simon Gatti

F-Ali Gerba

D-Kevin Hatchi

M-Luke Kreamalmeyer

M-Anthony LeGall

M-Pierre-Rudolph Mayard

D-Richard Pelletier

D-Nevio Pizzolitto

M-Kyle Porter (on tryout)

M-Antonio Ribeiro

D-Zurab Tsiskaridze

What's the word on these academy kids? Canadian? Any good?

Ismael Benomar (sp?) seems like he may be a future player for you guys

Aubey and Cossette have been steady performers. The Academy kids with the U17 are doing great so far, too! I'm excited to see if any of these players can claim a starting job with IMFC in the next years.

What's the word on these academy kids? Canadian? Any good?

Ismael Benomar (sp?) seems like he may be a future player for you guys

Saw both Cossette and Aubey play with the Academy last year. Both have a great deal of potential (both are Canadian). Don't know Benomar, sorry.There was a terrific midfielder with the Academy last year who was easily the best player: Hussein Awada from Lebanon. Not sure if he made the Impact training camp this year. Hopefully he'll get a chance this season.

I don't know of the other 7 teams roster, but in terms of NASL caliber, are the IMFC a good team?

If you follow just a little the second division, you know that we just signed probably the best D2 goalkeeper in the last three years. Then we kept all of our best assets from last year (Billy, Di Lorenzo, Gerba amongst them) and brought Ligue 2/National caliber players.

For now I don't see any weakness in the team, but many players will need to prove themselves.

Le Gall had a few good matches last season but will he keep going? Will Agourram finally take his place on the team? Same thing for Mayard... Can Gerba sustain the pace he had last season? Will Pelletier reveal himself as a good left back or will Tsiskaridze take his place?

A bunch of question marks, but many hopes.

Arizona will help seeing where we stand in MLS in terms of quality, the biggest test being FCD... then we can talk wether we are MLS quality yet or not (I think there's work left to do, but our team is probably better than the likes of NE and Chivas already)

It seems to me that our weak spot especially heading in to 2012 is CB. Aaboubou and Pizzolito are pretty good defenders for NASL level but at their age and skill level I am not sure either will make the jump to MLS. I am assuming Hatchi is a CB but maybe someone can confirm this. We have some other defenders who can slide in to the CB position but it is not their best position. It seems like we don't have a lot of depth in CB and not many candidates for 2012 in this position which I think will be a key position for an expansion team in MLS.

• 3 weeks later...

GK-Bill Gaudette

GK-Evan Bush

D-Hicham Aaboubou

F-Reda Agourram

D-Bonheur Aubey (Academy)

D-Philippe Billy

M-Hassoun Camara

M-Kevin Cosette (Academy)

M-Leonardo Di Lorenzo

M-Idriss Ech Chergui

D-Simon Gatti

F-Ali Gerba

D-Kevin Hatchi

M-Luke Kreamalmeyer

M-Anthony LeGall

M-Pierre-Rudolph Mayard

D-Richard Pelletier

D-Nevio Pizzolitto

M-Kyle Porter (on tryout)

M-Antonio Ribeiro

D-Zurab Tsiskaridze

Bush signs, Braz retires amid reports of the emergence of Bonheur Aubey.

Perhaps we'll hear about signings of Porter and Cosette in the near future

Braz retires

I thought this would have warranted its own thread.

As a neutral observer, I thought he was a good foot soldier for the Impact. At the MNT level, my favourite memory of him was when he crushed Greg Vanney in a 50-50 challenge during the GC 05: great tackle! I think he was also the guy who was slapped in the head by Landycakes in the same match: I'm still bewildered as to how no official saw it and subsequently no ejection for the American (or maybe my memory is simply fading and it wasn't as big a deal as I first thought: is there a video link available to that incident?).

Archived