2010-11 CONCACAF Champion's League - Other matches

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anybody know if thats LAs reserves playing? I dont think they have let that many goals in all year. Its 4-1 now.

It was pretty close to L.A.'s best team. Different goalkeeper I think. The 4th PR goal was a howler by the 'keeper too although the Galaxy's goal was a total fluke.

Watched the highlights of the Galaxy match and I wander if the lack of crowd interest translates into the players being less motivated. Perhaps this is why the USA teams don't do well in the Champions League. And why would Arena start his backup goalkeeper?

Watched the highlights of the Galaxy match and I wander if the lack of crowd interest translates into the players being less motivated. Perhaps this is why the USA teams don't do well in the Champions League. And why would Arena start his backup goalkeeper?

Might have something to do with the all-star game which Ricketts is involved in. Although Donovan and Buddle played for L.A. so that might only be part of the explanation...

Sounders edge Metapan(remember the name, Jeremy!), in front of a crowd just under 18,000, whish is just under half of their season average(47.something percent)

happy for the Sounders, they seem to be pushing hard for the CCL run, they got some kind of marketing campaing which aims to interest people in the competition. Probably the only team in USA taking it seriously.

And yes, Isidro Metapan, now that I read the name I remember who they are (it's not like Xelaju FC!), and I was kind of worrying for the Sounders because they have not been in good form lately, so to be matched with the Salvadoran champion in the preliminary round is kind of ****ty. But Maybe Metapan did not field all of their regulars.

JEsus Christ, there are horns worse than vuvuzelas @ the Metapan - Sounders game...

Metapan scores 18th : 1-0

The field looks terrible

a hell of a dive by a Metapan player, I think he rotated 360 like 7 times on the ground. And another one less then 2 minutes later.

Goal! Fernandez, 1-1 78e

• 2 weeks later...

RSL win 2-1 over Arabe Unido with the winner coming in second-half stoppage time. This was a dirty game, with two Arabe Unido players being sent off and practically the rest of the team being cautioned. In addition, there was a lot of diving and time wasting from the Panamanian players, reminiscent of a certain national team from the region.

RSL win 2-1 over Arabe Unido with the winner coming in second-half stoppage time. This was a dirty game, with two Arabe Unido players being sent off and practically the rest of the team being cautioned. In addition, there was a lot of diving and time wasting from the Panamanian players, reminiscent of a certain national team from the region.

Panama? :)

The Santos - Columbus game is certainly entertaining. Good soccer.

( big big mistake from the refs in the 1st half as Renteria was told to get back on the field by the 4th official following an injury, crosses the ball and Iro scores. Then the refs call it off because he think he went on too fast... seems like refereeing will never evolve in CONCACAF)

Archived