We need to sell more tickets

Admin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I plan on purchasing tickets if I am in Toronto, may be away...is it to late to get tickets in the suporter section by next week this time?

Nope, not too late. I should have some for you.

But you never know...

Where are these supporters coming from? Are a lot of Peruvians coming up from the States?

Yes, many coming up from the states and the entire Latin American soccer league is for some reason supporting Peru and bought a large block. WTF.

Should find out more about this... I am curious about numbers and how it came to be. The rationalization behind it.. I mean I can guess.. but like to actually hear it. Unleash the bloggers?

I could have sold at least 40 tickets to Peru supporters and those are just the ones trying to buy through the Canadian supporters site...

Oh boy...are we gonna have crowd trouble at BMO? I really hope not but if there are Peruvians in the south end, it could get a bit nasty.

Invite Danny Dyer

The Real Football Factories: Voyageurs Edition

I don't expect any problems.

With the exception of one person, and it was minor at best, all the people I have spoken to are exactly the kind of people we want.

They are going to the Peru game but would like to come out to other Canada games. I have had three people say that.

Oh boy...are we gonna have crowd trouble at BMO? I really hope not but if there are Peruvians in the south end, it could get a bit nasty.

The Southend is reserved for us Voyageurs. Speaking of which, is that section completely sold out yet?

Not entirely ideal, but i guess it's a start...

I think it's fantastic.

They expressed interest in supporting Canada, and it was the first they had heard of such a thing.

We are only scratching the surface.

i'm prolly gonna grab about 15-20 tickets. however, i wanna get them in a block (square) and not in a row. and i will be bringing my wife, kids and neighbours and their kids (older) and some others too. so... i wanna be in the supporters section BUT i wanna make sure my kids can see etc so, any suggestions as to where it might be best to sit? we will all be wearing red/cmnt jersies and cheering but maybe not to the level as when i am solo (with buddies).

i'm prolly gonna grab about 15-20 tickets. however, i wanna get them in a block (square) and not in a row. and i will be bringing my wife, kids and neighbours and their kids (older) and some others too. so... i wanna be in the supporters section BUT i wanna make sure my kids can see etc so, any suggestions as to where it might be best to sit? we will all be wearing red/cmnt jersies and cheering but maybe not to the level as when i am solo (with buddies).

That sounds great.

PM me your email and I will get you an order form, it will be a bit cheaper.

The section will be practically general admission. You will be able to move and find a way for the kids to see.

There is no way to guarantee a block, but it is unlikely to be an issue.

Yes, many coming up from the states and the entire Latin American soccer league is for some reason supporting Peru and bought a large block. WTF.

Should find out more about this... I am curious about numbers and how it came to be. The rationalization behind it.. I mean I can guess.. but like to actually hear it. Unleash the bloggers?

I could have sold at least 40 tickets to Peru supporters and those are just the ones trying to buy through the Canadian supporters site...

You can buy blocks of tickets through the OSA for a discounted price (similar to our deal). I imagine OSA-registered clubs would have gotten a heads up on this, and there's no particular password or anything needed to purchase tickets. This is gonna be ugly, no question.

It's such a tricky spot for us to be in. On the one hand, I realize that acting like a complete jackass will only serve to alienate Canadians in Peru jerseys who, if we were playing anyone other than Peru, might be on our side. So taking a "ha ha, it's all in good fun, let's be pals" approach is, ultimately, the best way to help Canadian soccer, even if it stings right now.

On the other hand, I will have to use every ounce of restraint I possess to stop myself from hurling drunken insults at them. I just know it.

I've been away so I've missed some of this stuff, am I reading this right that there will be Peru supporters in the South stands? That is a VERY bad idea IMHO, they have their own designated sections and if they choose to be in the home supporters sections nothing good will come of it! I hope I'm wrong!

I've been away so I've missed some of this stuff, am I reading this right that there will be Peru supporters in the South stands? That is a VERY bad idea IMHO, they have their own designated sections and if they choose to be in the home supporters sections nothing good will come of it! I hope I'm wrong!

No, I don't think so. It will happen but most likely out of totally not knowing what's going on.

Archived