TFC vs San Jose

Juby

Barret scores, get's a tap through the keepers legs on a poor defensive play

get's a card for shooting the goal line flag

edit: no dero or deguz

I've seen frei, gargan, cann, labrocca, attakora, garcia, peterson, saric, white, barrett and sanyang

Frei had a big point blank save before the goal.

Dero and Deguz came on at half, dero scored, san jose potted one back and then dero got an empty netter cause cannon came up for a last minute corner. Frei had another big save in the second.

Good to see TFC get their first road win of the season. Dero was on his game tonight. Excellent 45 minutes from him and JDG. Game was closer than the score would indicate. The usual pair (or more) of Frei saving a sure goal, the post and the empty netter for Dero's second goal. After they got their first to make it 2-1 San Jose really poured it on. I thought they were going to tie it. 3 points on the road is a great result.

It was funny watching 3 games (Caps, Canada, TFC) in a row (2 simul) but it was fun.

This caps off an enjoyable double-header evening of soccer from a Canadian fan's perspective. I can't remember the last time I could honestly say that.

I agree completely. Neither game could be considered pretty, but from seeing a third-string Canadian team full of young players getting their first cap get a tying goal in extra time in South America, to TFC holding on to a crucial victory on the road, this has been a great night.

This caps off an enjoyable double-header evening of soccer from a Canadian fan's perspective. I can't remember the last time I could honestly say that.

Just wow.

Amazing night at the Duke.

Lord Bob!!!! You should not have left early.... crazy insanity followed.

Frei's big and timely saves at various stages of the match, as well as some SJ misses, were the difference in this game. But in the end the team was able to grind out a big 3 points on the road and I guess that's all that matters.

Just out of curiosity, but does anyone know how much money Saric is getting paid?

Is a Playoff season for TFC a reasonable proposition this year?

I would think so.

They are now getting some results on the road, which they weren't earlier. As long as they can get some results on the road, and stay strong at home, then I think they can make it comfortably.

What is really missing is a song that will be recognized by every one,one that has a magnificent worldwide history and one that tells the story.

This is what is really needed.Can't wait to hear it.

Yes sir we are on our way.

What is really missing is a song that will be recognized by every one,one that has a magnificent worldwide history and one that tells the story.

According to the Blub on Wikipedia Liverpool anthem You'll never walsk alone was adopted by Bill Shankley back in the 1960's because Gerry Marsden (lead singer of Gerry and the Pacemakers) gave him a pre-release copy of their new Rendion of the Rogers and Hammerstine number from Carousel.

" According to former player Tommy Smith, Gerry Marsden presented Liverpool manager Bill Shankly with a tape recording of his forthcoming cover single during a pre-season coach trip in the summer of 1963. "Shanks was in awe of what he [had] heard. [...] Football writers from the local newspapers were travelling with our party and, thirsty for a story of any kind between games, filed copy back to their editors to the effect that we had adopted Gerry Marsden's forthcoming single as the club song." Marsden himself told BBC Radio how, in the 1960s, the deejay at Anfield would play the top-ten commercial records in ascending order, with the number one single transmitted last, shortly before kickoff. Supporters standing on the Spion Kop terrace would sing along, but once "You'll Never Walk Alone" dropped out of the top-ten, says Marsden, they continued to sing along.

Classic football songs tend not to mention the club too much if not at all. Unless you want a cheesy Powerballard that AFL teams tend to produce (boy do they tend to stink):P

IMO pick your favorite Terrance Song and get a credible band (hopefully fans of the club) to re-record it. But if you want a really good Football song I personlly wouldn't mind if you nicked off with, and changed the words a little, world in motion; but you'd have to take that up with Keith Allen and New Order first. :cool:

Having not been to BMO Field, What do TFC 'run out too' at the moment? ( I assume its some corperate MLS track)

So tempting darn it, but i'll refrain.

Was DeRo not offside on that last empty net goal? You can't see the whole field when the ball is passed but he is so far ahead of the final defender that it seems hard to believe he was onside unless there is someone not in the picture keeping him onside.

Edit: realized just after I posted that he wasn't over the centre line when the ball was played so he was not offside. Of course once I realized this the forum went off for 10 hours before I could edit. :)

Archived