Canada - Peru @ BMO in Sept. ?

Jeremy

Somewhere in Toronto, BrennanFan is experiencing multiple orgasms.

I quickly turned around and started screaming "Fck you Martin!!!" I forgot he was with his daughter DOH!!!

Everyone started chanting "Who are yah..."

Mwhahahahaha

Again I hope that BMO field (National stadium-for that day at least) and the CSA can organize ticket distribution even better than the Jamaica game. I loved how the south stands looked but I'd like to know if the V's travelling to the expect/want to have a seperate section again. If so, count me in again.

As cool as it was to see Canadian supporters dominate three of the four corners of BMO Field for the Jamaica game, I'd like to see all supporters united in the south end for this one.

As cool as it was to see Canadian supporters dominate three of the four corners of BMO Field for the Jamaica game, I'd like to see all supporters united in the south end for this one.

Yes. Rudi and I talked about it the other day.

They now have Capo stands ect...

What might be good is a 'family oriented' kids section in 111. Close enough to 'feel' it, far enough away from Grizzly so they are not traumatized.

What might be good is a 'family oriented' kids section in 111. Close enough to 'feel' it, far enough away from Grizzly so they are not traumatized.

+1. As somebody with kids, I think this is a brilliant idea. If there is enough support to divide among a number of sections you might as well do this.

Yes. Rudi and I talked about it the other day.

They now have Capo stands ect...

Might want to move em a leeetle bit further. 111 works well with us in 112 and 113. I'd really love to see a united endeavor for tix from the V's and the TFC supporters groups (Who should all be V's anyway:-).

Might want to move em a leeetle bit further. 111 works well with us in 112 and 113. I'd really love to see a united endeavor for tix from the V's and the TFC supporters groups (Who should all be V's anyway:-).

Totally agree. It would be nice to have the Vs in the south end but recognized as a distinct group from RPB and U-Sector, even though there is a good deal of overlap amongst the TFC supporters.

Since this is a CANADA game, any UM02 and Southsiders showing up should feel to be made welcome in the south end without having to necessarily be "lumped" in with the TFC groups. They may feel slightly uneasy about it...ok, very uneasy about it. :-)

As far as I know, the TFC STH are offered seats, not their seats to the game.

If you moved them to 110, you could end up with a gap you don't want cause there is no guarantee the current 111 people will be there.

Totally agree. It would be nice to have the Vs in the south end but recognized as a distinct group from RPB and U-Sector, even though there is a good deal of overlap amongst the TFC supporters.

Since this is a CANADA game, any UM02 and Southsiders showing up should feel to be made welcome in the south end without having to necessarily be "lumped" in with the TFC groups. They may feel slightly uneasy about it...ok, very uneasy about it. :-)

Well the same thing happens in Montreal.

The local SG provides the base and we all coordinate/work together under the flag of the V's for Canada games.

Obviously TFC fans have a certain 'chromatic advantage' when it comes to gear/flags ect... for Canada games.

If our ultimate goal is to own the stadium, then I really don't care what people wear. It won't matter.

As I was saying to socceronly last week, I think 114 is prime V's territory.

It's all well and good having a dedicated V's section on the other side of the stadium, but if we want a unified voice, when need to be unified in the stand. Section 114 of BMO Field is not claimed by any current TFC supporters group (there are a lot of U-Sector and RPB scattered in there, though), so let's claim it for the V's. They'd be right next to the established TFC groups (aside from NEE, of course), which really is optimal.

Let's face it, though, there probably aren't going to be enough non-Toronto Voyageurs at BMO Field for a friendly to convincingly fill an entire section.

They don't have to be non Toronto.

Lots of Toronto people who are not connected to any SG will be out for national team games.

For all I care, anyone who shows up to a national team game to support Canada can do almost anything they like. However, I do think it should be done under the flag of the Voyageurs. I would support rep banners from the SG's across the country (even if they are not able to make it) united with the Voyageurs. With a low frequency of events, scattered community of people who come and go and difficulty in communication, people are going to show up in Impact Jerseys, TFC gear, ManU gear... ect... probably every red jersey on the planet will be represented. So instead of us wasting energy complaining about this stuff lets try and embrace it a bit while still emphasizing Canada/V's gear in the long run. If UMO2 sends a bus full of supporters to a national team game they can wear whatever they like.

Our first and foremost job is to own the stadium and all the SGs need to be united to do that.

*Yes there is one red jersey that shall remain forever ridiculed.

As I was saying to socceronly last week, I think 114 is prime V's territory.

It's all well and good having a dedicated V's section on the other side of the stadium, but if we want a unified voice, when need to be unified in the stand. Section 114 of BMO Field is not claimed by any current TFC supporters group (there are a lot of U-Sector and RPB scattered in there, though), so let's claim it for the V's. They'd be right next to the established TFC groups (aside from NEE, of course), which really is optimal.

Sounds good to me.

Archived