Canada - Peru @ BMO in Sept. ?

Jeremy

The worry for me is Toronto V's will all go to 112 or 113 leaving 114 a little weaker and we don't want it to turn into a fully TFC song night.

If people want to sit in 112 or 113 they're going to do it anyways, regardless of whether the V's section is in 105 or 114. Actually they'd probably be more inclined to do it if they have to decide between sitting in the other end of the stadium or the south end.

Why would anyone sing TFC songs? Can't see the Danny Dichio song or TFC ( the Jesus Christ superstar parody) getting busted out.

As I was saying to socceronly last week, I think 114 is prime V's territory.

It's all well and good having a dedicated V's section on the other side of the stadium, but if we want a unified voice, when need to be unified in the stand. Section 114 of BMO Field is not claimed by any current TFC supporters group (there are a lot of U-Sector and RPB scattered in there, though), so let's claim it for the V's. They'd be right next to the established TFC groups (aside from NEE, of course), which really is optimal.

I definitely know of one lapsed V (initials "SB") who resides in 114.

Okay, we're probably better off letting that sleeping beast lie.

The worry for me is Toronto V's will all go to 112 or 113 leaving 114 a little weaker and we don't want it to turn into a fully TFC song night.

At least I got 123 covered. Just like the Jamaica game, I'll be seating with bunch of suits and soccermoms with their crying 4 year olds.

Let's face it, though, there probably aren't going to be enough non-Toronto Voyageurs at BMO Field for a friendly to convincingly fill an entire section.

You're probably right, but I was talking more in terms of big-time Canada matches at BMO (World Cup Qualifiers). We may as well get in the habit of designating a section for the V's now and stick with it through every friendly here so that people can become accustomed to that being the V's section when the real games begin again.

Yeah, I'm not sure why that would ever happen.

Was the south end singing TFC songs for the Jamaica game? Let's not be silly here.

Was the south end singing TFC songs for the Jamaica game? Let's not be silly here.

I don't mean TFC specific songs but I don't want a night full of who are ya? and this is our house

Not a big deal. I mean the better the atmosphere it doesn't really matter what their singing. I just would prefer to see the Voyageurs intermingled in 112 and 113

You're probably right, but I was talking more in terms of big-time Canada matches at BMO (World Cup Qualifiers). We may as well get in the habit of designating a section for the V's now and stick with it through every friendly here so that people can become accustomed to that being the V's section when the real games begin again.

I was in 112 (near the back actually) during the Jamaica game and don't remember hearing ANY TFC specific chants. I mean some chants are applicable to both like "Come on you reds" and the massive, but their was no Dichio 24, which for me felt sort of weird since I'm so used to hearing it at BMO. lol

But no, it's not appicable to Canada games.

I don't mean TFC specific songs but I don't want a night full of who are ya? and this is our house

Not a big deal. I mean the better the atmosphere it doesn't really matter what their singing. I just would prefer to see the Voyageurs intermingled in 112 and 113

"Who are ya" has it's uses. lol As does the "THe ref is a wanker" but to be quite honest, I haven't heard "This is Our House" this season at BMO. Granted I've only been to 1 match and the rest have been watching on TV.

The issue with 112 and 113 being mixed with V's really is really will current TFC STH get 1st crack at the tickets. But personally mixing in the V's with TFC fans is a great idea.

However wearing non-Canada stuff I don't think is a good idea. Sure people will do it, but I wouldn't show up to Saputo or Swangard wearing a TFC kit to a Canada game.

Actually during the St.V game I remember that was a specific rule from UM02. No club stuff. Their house their rules and I respected it.

Will I lose sleep over it? Nope, but I don't think telling people to wear non-Canada stuff is ok. I mean it's not hard to get a red plain shirt.

But anyways... I'm more concerned with owning the entire stadium and having the Canadian hardcore in the south end.

With proper promotion, (that's the CSA factor kicking in) their is NO reason BMO can't be sold out. Especially if the ticket includes admission to the CNE and I believe Ontario Place as well.

I always said playing Peru would be a good test. If Peru is able to bring back all their star players which they banned through qualifying (too much partying in Cusco) then it will be a tougher go. Peru has great players such as Farfan, Vargas, and Pizzaro. Should be fun to watch here in Peru with the locals... although thinking of taking that direct flight to TO...

also Peru has not played since a 2-1 win vs Honduras in Nov.

Then the south-east corner is the best place for you, since neither of those two chants are very popular with us.

As I was saying to socceronly last week, I think 114 is prime V's territory.

It's all well and good having a dedicated V's section on the other side of the stadium, but if we want a unified voice, when need to be unified in the stand. Section 114 of BMO Field is not claimed by any current TFC supporters group (there are a lot of U-Sector and RPB scattered in there, though), so let's claim it for the V's. They'd be right next to the established TFC groups (aside from NEE, of course), which really is optimal.

Good thinking Rudi, This way with RPB and Usector right beside, at least half of the south side will be up cheering. Hopefully we can get more.

Also, any issues for people not wearing red gear can get resolved at the stadium. I still have a wack load of Voyageurs T-shirts & Scarves all boxed up ready to sell off at $10 & $20 a piece. If I can get some help at the game we can paint the stadium red, one shirt/scarf at a time.

And all proceeds can be put towards any V's initiative as everything is pretty much paid off.

Archived