Canada announces venues for 2010 men's home matches

loyola

It's called the internet. Ever heard of it? ;-)

Instead of being an ignorant cock. Read page 6 (not my words, but sums it up nicely):

I have been trying the CSA online shop for over a year now I think, but they have not refilled the stock of MNT jerseys. I have sent I think 3 emails to ask where I could buy MNT jerseys in Montreal and when tyhey would have new ones online, but I have yet to receive a response. I think this is an issue that should be adressed before the games take place because I really want my MNT jersey!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's the right colour ... it's better than not wearing red - I'd imagine that bright red really isn't something that most people have in their wardrobes.

And it's far better than Impact fans wearing their shirts for a Honduras game.

All of this bellyaching seems to be over ONE guy who wore a TFC jersey to the Honduras game. One guy, out of hundreds who traveled from Toronto (and skipped the TFC game) to Montreal to support the national team. Oh, and a guy who wore a Blue Jays cap.

And yes, whatever TFC red that may have been sported that day was far better than the Impact blue that was worn by many.

All of this is preaching and complaining to the converted.

These are guys we need to reach over time. At the rate at which we play games... this will take years. So it's a project for everybody, a long term one.

The request is reasonable. Anything past that (and there is historical precedent for that on this board) is not.

This "problem" only really exists for games at Stade Saputo. At BMO, the TFC supporters groups are separate from the V's area, and I highly doubt we'd be telling our members not to wear their SG gear to their regular seats.

And this is another problem. There is no way that any supporters groups should be seperated when we are all supporting Canada. We should be unified.

And this is another problem. There is no way that any supporters groups should be seperated when we are all supporting Canada. We should be unified.

The Voyageurs chose to have their own section in 104 (north west corner) rather than take their chances on not getting tickets in the south end.

It's a necessary evil when season ticket holders have first choice on the seats.

Rudi, I've noticed some pretty apathetic people to the left of you at BMO for the Philly game. Maybe we could take over part of 115 or 116 with the blessing of the CSA and TFC instead of being isolated in 104 like last time. Even 110 or 111 would work. The season ticket holders could be offered remaining seats in the south end after the Vs are done (can't even recall how many tickets were sold to Voyageurs although I think it was a few hundred vs a thousand). Just a thought for the future.

The Voyageurs chose to have their own section in 104 (north west corner) rather than take their chances on not getting tickets in the south end.

It's a necessary evil when season ticket holders have first choice on the seats.

I don't think this was the case for the Jamaica game. As I recall, the perception here was that TFC season ticket holders would get first right of refusal for their tickets. In reality, though, supporters (Voyageurs included) and subscribers only had an advanced window to purchase tickets. There was no need for the Voyageurs to opt for section 104.

I don't think this was the case for the Jamaica game. As I recall, the perception here was that TFC season ticket holders would get first right of refusal for their tickets. In reality, though, supporters (Voyageurs included) and subscribers only had an advanced window to purchase tickets. There was no need for the Voyageurs to opt for section 104.

Exactly. And that is how it should be in the future.

Iran is reportedly going to play the MLS All-Stars (go figure, eh?) in September, so with that being said, they are also likely to be that TBA team set to play in Toronto on September 4th. This is all based on Iranian sources, however, I cannot find any Canadian sources on the matter.

Did someone ask if the CSA looked at the possibility of playing Honduras in St-John's (NF)? It's been 25 years now....

I'm pretty sure Honduras would say No to that idea but it would've been worth trying to play a game there.

I'll pass on this one, next WCQ, send them here. We'll take care of everything.

For those of us who do "get it" - no club gear at Nats matches, please. It's just common sense.

Maaaaaaybe if you support London FC (PDL) and you travel to a Canada match in Vancouver... then okay, wear something minor from your club, like a hat or something. But in this scenario, a Canada flag with "London" lettering sewn/written on is preferable.

An Idea similar to an England home game; George Crosses, RN Ensigns with club names or supporters groups written across them. If you notice these tend to be Lower division clubs like Port vale and Lincoln City. These supporters make up the majority of the England supporters club, not the ones from Manchester or the Big Four London clubs.

Not that I'll get a chance to see the MNT play. Lossing the Commonwealth has put paid to that:(

• 2 weeks later...
For the Toronto date, don't we still owe Iceland a match? What are they up to that day?

The article that red card posted in the World Soccer forum says that Iceland was in North America playing against Mexico in March. That could have been a good time since they were already across the pond. When are we ever going to get this return date?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704342604575222283277157578.html?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines

The article that red card posted in the World Soccer forum says that Iceland was in North America playing against Mexico in March. That could have been a good time since they were already across the pond. When are we ever going to get this return date?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704342604575222283277157578.html?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines

Sadly on a $$$ standpoint, it s better for us if we don t play a return game in Canada.

Archived