Carver resigns

john tv

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good riddens Canada does not need carpetbaggers as coaches from England coming here to accomplish nothing.

Now if they dump MO they can begin to find better quality staff, who will seek out better players, instead looking to the cast offs of the English lower leagues.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Good riddens Canada does not need carpetbaggers as coaches from England coming here to accomplish nothing.

Now if they dump MO they can begin to find better quality staff, who will seek out better players, instead looking to the cast offs of the English lower leagues.

Yeah, there's so many English lower league castoffs on this team.

When I met Carver I became immediately aware that he is very emotional,I believe I even commented on that on this board.Obviously the personal reasons are all based upon pure emotional ones.It appears that within the organization it all seem to be going very well and in his final observations and farewell there is not a hint of any problem and in fact to the contrary.

^ That's all political crap to leave the door open for the future. Maybe the lack of support from management is based on the complaints about the PK and if they didn't support him about that, they did the right thing then.

You know I have more respect for Carver now, specially as a man. This is the procedure use by a head coach in professional football everywhere, if they don't feel supported by management they usually quit, excluding Canadian coaches, not part of this of course. Usually the coach is follow by the person who hired him, in this case Mo Mo Johnston. If he has any decency left in him he should go to.

Would't it be nice to see Nick Dasovic in charge of the team? a Canadian for once!!!

quote:Originally posted by ag futbol

^ Honestly I think the best thing to do is to get someone who is bilingual english / spanish and is familiar with one of the major MLS feeders (which would be central or south america).

That will never happen with Mo in charge, 90% of times things don't workout between latinos and brits, specially in soccer.

While it would be expected that another foreign coach with experience in any of the leagues listed above would bring with him the experience and contacts, after what Cummins did on Wednesday I'd support seeing him take the reins for the rest of the season. All the moves from the bench seemed proper, and the boys definitely played a better style of football for him, no more of the lob and hope sh*te from the past few matches.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Does anyone on here actually look at the roster before making comments like this?

We're just overflowing with British players, aren't we?

/eyeroll

Archived