Ontario/Rest of Canada Vs going to the Impact QF

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

Against the MFL? Let's put it this way...if the Impact win the game in Mexico it will be the first time that a team playing in a US sanctioned league ever won on Mexican soil. Ever.

History also tells us that USL teams don't typically win against MLS opposition (from time to time, sure, but as a rule..not so much). Montreal did win. Good for them. They earned it on the pitch, but they did so as an underdog.

What does Mexico have to do with anything when you are comparing two Canadian teams???

Commenting on USL history. I think you should instead take into account all the matches TFC played against Vancouver and Montreal that is is all the history you need. Because you are comparing Montreal with second-rate USL clubs history that like comparing Montreal to Atlanta or Portland or is like comparing Chelsea with West Brom or Inter-Milan with Reggina. They all play at the same level, but obviously aren't the same quality.

quote:Originally posted by Kurosawa

To get back on the subject of a Voyageurs flag in the stand here is my own personnal opinion.

What does it say on the Voyageurs Logo? Canadian soccer supporters.

Is the Impact a canadian team, hell yes, we're actually champions, even if we don't like it we are representing this country (and I'm very proud of it). So I don't see any problem if canadian soccer supporters want to show up, make their presence known and support the canadian representative in this competition. The more the merrier they say.

That was my two cents.

The V's (big) flag would overshadow the local group's flags, and the colour goes against the stated intent of making the stadium blue. I'd say that Canada flags would be a better (and more subtle) show of support.

quote:Originally posted by massimo

Commenting on USL history. I think you should instead take into account all the matches TFC played against Vancouver and Montreal that is is all the history you need.

So what you're saying is that I should only look to Montreal's winless record against MLS competition in 2008 then?

(Good luck in February. Seriously. We don't even know what TFC is going to look like in 2009 yet, so, really...we'll talk more in the spring.)

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

The V's (big) flag would overshadow the local group's flags, and the colour goes against the stated intent of making the stadium blue. I'd say that Canada flags would be a better (and more subtle) show of support.

If an out-of-province fan brought a two sided flag, with the fleur de lys on one side and the maple leaf on the other...would that work?

quote:Originally posted by massimo

What does Mexico have to do with anything when you are comparing two Canadian teams???

He was referring to Montreal as the underdog for the upcoming match, against a Mexican team.

The only people that would be irritate by the Canadian flag would be Rich LeGendre and his cronies. Have no worries, these people are harmeless, and utterly useless.

Actually Ive seen some Canadian flags, with two blue stripes (one on each side of the red portion), those would be ideal (not that there is anything wrong with OUR Canadian flag) It would sort of fit in with the all "Blue" Theme. I don't know if these flags are sold, or home made.

quote:Originally posted by tmcmurph

Won't be there in person but hopefully there will be some coverage on TV or failing that radio.

Best of luck to the Impact!

I'd have to think CBC would do at least as much as they did for the group matches (live internet stream and on Bold and tape delayed at midnight local).

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

The only people that would be irritate by the Canadian flag would be Rich LeGendre and his cronies. Have no worries, these people are harmeless, and utterly useless.

Actually Ive seen some Canadian flags, with two blue stripes (one on each side of the red portion), those would be ideal (not that there is anything wrong with OUR Canadian flag) It would sort of fit in with the all "Blue" Theme. I don't know if these flags are sold, or home made.

The flag your talking about is called, CANADIAN DUALITY FLAG.

(represent the unity of Canadian francophones (blue) and anglophones (red).)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Canadian_Duality_Flag.svg

MI seems to have it in for Legendre - pay no attention to him.

There WILL be Mexican jerseys and Mexican flags - feel free to bring Canada gear. If you're in the supporters section, I'd recommend wearing blue or black.

MI seems to have it in for Legendre - pay no attention to him.

There WILL be Mexican jerseys and Mexican flags - feel free to bring Canada gear. If you're in the supporters section, I'd recommend wearing blue or black.

Guest speedmonk42

Mid week is a bit tough, and mid week February to boot. Mid week, February and possibly delayed to another day is not a great combination for drawing people from Toronto.

I know if it was on a weekend I have heard several people here say they would have gone.

• 2 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by Rudi

I'm surprised by the number of people TFC fans expressing an interest in going to this game, to be honest. Something tells me that if TFC were playing, no one from Montreal would bother showing up.

Of course, you are god, you got the total "feeling" of the canadian soccer fans in your wonderful mind.

Of course, no one from anywhere in Canada will go see a TFC game! It's SO obvious!

I like the way that you presume things!

Sorry to tell you that not all persons are only "one club" minded!

I'm a fan of Impact (in USL), but in MLS, I my favor is TFC! Of course, that *might* change one day if Impact made it to the MLS.

I go see a few games (TFC) each year. Also the men national team, as time permit.

I'm so tired to hear comments that Impact fan are douchebags. I seeing more douchebags at TFC games, throwing object to the field directly to the players...

Is that what TFC fans call them self "the best fans of the league". I think it's more a shame. I'm not so proud when I see those incident in TFC games.

Unless, in your mind Rudi, that those person throwing object were in fact Impact Fan to put discredit to honest, immaculate,TFC fan.

"Something tells me that" is the way you are thinking.

I feel really sorry for you.

quote:Originally posted by jbedard

Of course, you are god, you got the total "feeling" of the canadian soccer fans in your wonderful mind.

Of course, no one from anywhere in Canada will go see a TFC game! It's SO obvious!

I like the way that you presume things!

Sorry to tell you that not all persons are only "one club" minded!

I'm a fan of Impact (in USL), but in MLS, I my favor is TFC! Of course, that *might* change one day if Impact made it to the MLS.

I go see a few games (TFC) each year. Also the men national team, as time permit.

I'm so tired to hear comments that Impact fan are douchebags. I seeing more douchebags at TFC games, throwing object to the field directly to the players...

Is that what TFC fans call them self "the best fans of the league". I think it's more a shame. I'm not so proud when I see those incident in TFC games.

Unless, in your mind Rudi, that those person throwing object were in fact Impact Fan to put discredit to honest, immaculate,TFC fan.

"Something tells me that" is the way you are thinking.

I feel really sorry for you.

:D

I logged on to the board and apparently it was two weeks ago.

You're giving me a lot of crap about assumptions within a post full of them.

That flag is the most ridiculous I've seen in a long time. If we put a colour on the maple leaf for every minority (heritage, creed, ethnicity, gender, sexual preference, physical/mental abilities, etc) in this country it would be a patchwork quilt. The concept of melting pot and cultural mosaic that this country was built on is obviously lost on the dork who came up with it. Xenophobes are nothing but insidious hate crime 'perpetraitors'.

quote:Originally posted by Vic

That flag is the most ridiculous I've seen in a long time. If we put a colour on the maple leaf for every minority (heritage, creed, ethnicity, gender, sexual preference, physical/mental abilities, etc) in this country it would be a patchwork quilt. The concept of melting pot and cultural mosaic that this country was built on is obviously lost on the dork who came up with it. Xenophobes are nothing but insidious hate crime 'perpetraitors'.

Plus it's plain old ugly.

quote:Originally posted by Vic

Melting pot? Keep that crap for the States.

Canada was built on multiculturalism.

I'm coming from Saskatoon, but I'm hoping in order to make things slightly cheaper for myself that one of you lovely Ultras would be willing to let me crash on a couch or something for both Wednesday and Thursday night. I'm also looking for transportation help if possible. I get in at the airport at approx. 1:34 p.m. on Wednesday and leave from the airport at 4:35 p.m. on Friday. If anyone would be kind enough to help a fellow fan out it would be much appreciated (and greatly returned in beer purchases etc...).

Archived