hectorj

W L T PTS

1. Honduras 6 1 3 21

2. Mexico 6 3 1 19

3. USA 5 3 2 17

4. Costa Rica 3 5 2 11

5. El Salvador 2 5 3 9

6. T and T 2 7 1 7

I hope El Salvador can pull off a miracle. Civil war, gang violence, perpetual poverty...they deserve something good to happen. They have a chance for third of fourth. Having lived in Honduras, they are a sentimental favourite too. They have waited longer than us and have had some major let downs as well in the past few cycles. Seeing Mexico or US fail won't bring any heartbreak either.

Not a bad ranking, but here are my predictions for next year's Hex. I didn't bother to predict points, because too much can happen to a team over the course of a 10-game schedule.

1. United States

2. Honduras

3. Mexico

4. Costa Rica

5. El Salvador

6. T&T

I ranked the US the highest because that team seems to get the job done whenever there's pressure to gain points. Also, the US has a better away record than Mexico, and it can play well in front of hostile crowds - including some in its own borders!

Honduras has sure proven itself to be one tough nut to crack. I don't like that team's playing style, but I think it has what it takes to edge out Mexico for second spot.

As suspect as Mexico can be away from home, its home field advantage is still pretty intimidating. Playing a few games at Azteca should be enough to earn the Mexicans the last guaranteed World Cup spot in the region.

Given past history, Costa Rica seems poised to finish in the top four. Unlike the last World Cup, however, the Ticos are nowhere near a lock on the third spot in our region. Costa Rica should be good enough to earn itself a playoff against South American opposition.

As for the fifth and sixth spots, they will go to El Salvador and T&T in any particular order. Both of these teams benefited immensely from the suspect WCQing draw. Without the likes of Cuba, Haiti and Suriname in the Hex, there will be no easy qualifiers for El Salvador and T&T. El Salvador might have a slight edge on T&T thanks to its home-field theatrics, but I'll have to see how these theatrics play out.

for me ,

1- honduras

2- mexico

3-t and t

4-usa

5-costa rica

6-el salvador

tought team will make honduras and mexico stronger, inthe othe hand costa rica is not good, and hada an easy group, so , t and t , is increasing with an aging team, but if they keep their key players they will get it , plus Jack Warner.

Usa,even with mexico and t and t , mexico vs usa derby, will help out the smarter team, because there be sendings off , injuries or a draw .....

Loyola's prediction sounds reasonable to me based on what I have seen. But Toronto Ruffriders's prediction ( Hon first and Mex third) wouldn't surprise me either.

I think that Honduras look very good to qualify for the WC. On "name quality" talent alone they are as good as anybody in Concacaf. But after the top five, six or seven players, they become very non descript. By non descript, I mean that they play very much in shadows and away from the spotlight in world club soccer ( eg.; they have palyers in places like China). Several of their players were on the club team that lost to the Impact in the CCL. Which proves that they just dont have the depth that the US and Mexico have, so they'll have to battled for the third or fourth spot and hope for no injuries and suspensions.

I cannot see T&T making it without "behind the scenes" help. Seen them and few times on TV; simplly, they are just not very good IMO. I dont know anything about El Salvador other than that they have been in and out of the picture for the past twenty years. They were in the hex the same time that we were in 1998. On that alone, I wouldn't bet on them grabbing a WCQ spot. So that leaves CRC and HON to battle for the third or fourth spot. But if one of those two is to slip and dissapoint, I'm betting that its more likely CRC than Honduras.

So its a very safe bet that 3-4 spots will be decided between Hon, CRC and ES.

1. United States

2. Mexico

3. Honduras

4. Costa Rica

5. T&T

6. El Salvador

The US will pick up points on the road, which will give them a slight edge on the Mexicans. Mexico is good for near max. points at home, plus a win on the road at ES and maybe T&T. Honduras will steal points on the road which will give it the edge over CR. You heard it here first: ES will not win a game in the Hex!

This is not a prediction, only a hope: the El Salvadoreans butcher the Hondurans on the field. Yes, I'm still bitter about Montreal. I don't care if they're talented, I yearn for their demise.

And I can only assume that those of you putting T&T at the bottom of the table are making those predictions based on an expected fatal heart attack for Jack Warner.

Hex results:

1. Honduras

2. Mexico

3/4. Costa Rica / USA

5. T&T

6. El Salvador

Toss up for the all important 3rd spot. T&T and El S are unadulterated crap.

Wow, why are some of you guys ranking USA so low? I believe they'll finish top of HEX. I wouldn't be surprised if Mexico ends up finishing 4th or lower. I get the feelings that either Costa Rica or Honduras is going to get screwed in Hex. I wouldn't be surprised if T&T somehow end up finishing 3rd because Jack Warner factor.

Guest speedmonk42

The problem is once both teams are through, they might fck the dog so the final results are really a bit of a crap shoot.

Mexico is always good, but this team is something better than usual I think. Something deeper soccerwise is lurking there.

The US may still have Mexico's number, but I don't think the head to head results will say much about how either team may have changed.

Archived