Mods: delete my account. I am done.

Paddy

Those who leave the team in bad times are not real fans just like those players who abandoned the team before this game did not deserve to ever wear the Canada shirt. I feel as bad as anyone here but for those guys who want to stop supporting the team please let the door hit you on the way out and please don't come back. You have shown yourselves to be poseurs and everything you have posted up to now is basically worthless. Our team needs an attitude check and a certain percentage of fans need an attitude check. Canada till I die even if we never qualify. Oh yeah maybe before you go you should check out this thread posted by a real fan: http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17822

quote:Originally posted by Paddy

Thats it. I quit. I am done. It was great to know all of you and to meet some of you in TO. Paddy is gone. I am a dot on the hillside - Bye.

wtf!! Are you the same idiots selling and running on the TSX??? With comments like that, you guys aren't real fans. Im gutted just like a real fan should be. But I will always support the men and women...

Delete there accounts ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not leaving, though I wish I could because I'm sick of this unhappy addiction. So I can hardly condemn anyone for going.

6 f***ing world cups. SIX!!!! I was still a kid when that happy day in St. John's happened now I'll be - at least - in my 40s before it happens again. Why do we do this to ourselves? Yes it's our country. Yes it's our sport. Yes we love it but does anyone else feel like it is this hugely negative force in our lives that sends us into bouts of depression every four years (not to mention friendlies, Gold Cups etc. in between)?

2000 felt pretty good but can it make up for the rest of the bull****? I don't know. I'm so depressed. So, so, so depressed. I know things were different then but in 85 we qualified for the ONE spot, now we can't even make the final six. I thought I'd wake up and it would be better. I just feel worse. Sorry.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Those who leave the team in bad times are not real fans just like those players who abandoned the team before this game did not deserve to ever wear the Canada shirt. I feel as bad as anyone here but for those guys who want to stop supporting the team please let the door hit you on the way out and please don't come back. You have shown yourselves to be poseurs and everything you have posted up to now is basically worthless. Our team needs an attitude check and a certain percentage of fans need an attitude check. Canada till I die even if we never qualify. Oh yeah maybe before you go you should check out this thread posted by a real fan: http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17822

Well said.

I'm sure Paddy will be back, he's just demoralized. We all show our grief in different ways. I've seen some beautiful posts in the last while where guys just pour their heart out, the despair is palpable. The V's site is where we can congregate to discuss our addiction....sort of like a wellness centre. Paddy has left the building, but when he has a relapse, he'll be back and we'll welcome him with open arms.

I never played soccer, in BC soccer and hockey are in a scheduling conflict. I fell in love with the game in the months leading up to our qualification in '86. The game is far more important to me than hockey now. I still play hockey, but other than coaching, have lost interest in the game which I excelled at. My friends in hockey circles were shocked when I told them recently, "I'd rather Canada make it to the World Cup in Soccer than the Canucks win the Stanley Cup". I'm looking forward to joining a pick up Soccer league, I'm still in good shape and athletic enough to take up the challenge. My second oldest son is taking up both soccer and hockey and he'll have to make a choice in the future as to which game he wants to pursue. My daughter is starting to kick the ball around, we have a nice "pitch" in the backyard and it makes for great summer evenings.

I love this game, I love this country, and I love this board. I'm busted up about another early exit, but I have you guys to lean on as I consider the daunting task of waiting another 4 years before we play any more meaningful games.

Things are headed in the right direction, soccer specific stadiums, MLS teams soon in Vancouver and Montreal, more of the product on TV and more grassroots appeal. Don't give up the faith.

I will never give up, even when things look hopeless. Soccer does that to you. It's a sport you support with passion and often times the results will leave you feeling like you've been kicked in the mouth and punched in the stomach, leaving you writhing in the dust. You swear each time never to come back to it. But we always do in the end, because each time we hope that things will turn out differently.

To 2014 then. Hopefully, our soccer culture will have evolved significantly to the point where winning is the only recourse.

LAME AND WEAK???

How dare you use these words to describe Canada's soccer team:)

I think that until there is a change, we all have the right to go away for a while and take a break from the debauchery that is the CSA.

Week statement coming from a week supporter. We've been brought back down to reality this campain, but the ride enjoyed in this time has been like no other. Although we've only managed 1 point so far, the buzz generated from the St.Vincy games straight up to the Saputo in Honduras match will be something that will remain in my memory forever.

We as a fan base must begin to move forward, become active in our respective communities and make the people realize who we are. In ever fan base you'll always find weasels similar to the one who posted this topic, but just as the CSA has to pick up its effort as do we.

I'm not putting the collective blame on anyone here, heck I could of done more but didn't. So as we move forward we have to now start looking towards next summer's Gold Cup and what it'll take to get a max amount of supporters to the game and an overall better performance on the pitch!

Rome was not built in a day and perhaps we did get a little to ahead of ourselves this summer. This is not a "loser's attitude" or a "losing mentality" its just facts folks! With 4-6 new additions to the starting XI for the road to Brazil, the fresh faces are perhaps just what we need here. Its time for guys like Brennan and Radz to perhaps pass the torch down to those such as Edgar and Peters. I for one believe the "Golden Generation" is on the horizon, so with that said keep the faith fellow posters and v's we've been through rougher stretches, we are bullet proof.

We are all disappointed and have lots of anger but going after Paddy is just disgusting.

This is a guy who has followed the team for DECADES. He has video tapes of EVERY Canada game going back to before WC86 and he can talk about every single one of those games with a knowledge that is not likely to be equaled by many on this board.

He is understandably gutted by a joke of a coach and an embarrasement of an association who failed our best group of players ever.

Don't delete him and certainly stop the childish attacks on someone so depressed.

Screw him. Funny I never saw too many posts about this in depth knowledge. All I ever saw was his anti-CSA agenda. There's a lot of us who've been following the team since the Dead Sea was still alive, and we didn't come on here with some whining, pretentious, swan song.

Maybe he finally came to the realization that not only are the CSA and Mitch evil, so are some of the players.

Pretty bad I have to have an agenda to counter the other agendas on this board, so at least the newbies can get a balanced view.

Quitters aren't welcome here. The CMNT are like the Red Sox, nothing but heartbreak, but we're all waiting for the day when the sun will shine again and the wait will have been worth it. And the sun WILL shine again.

I leave the last word to Marie Osmond. "I'm a non-giverupper"

And while I'm still in rant mode, I'm a little disturbed about this "most talented team ever" jazz that I keep reading. Why shouldn't the next gen of players not be better than this group. They are playing at a higher level earlier in their careers than the present group.

We sometimes seem to forget that Larry was playing for a Bundesliga reserve side (Bremen) at a level where we have plenty of young guys right now. Rob Friend was a US college player and started off in Moss (Norway) in the second division. JDG was playing youth in France and then 2 Bundesliga.

These guys progressed through the ranks and there is no reason to believe the up and coming guys won't as well. Take for example Marcus Haber, I don't know if he is the most talented guy out there but he is getting lots of chances at a level that we would have killed to have a guy ten years ago.

Before you guys start criticizing Paddy take a long look at yourselves in the mirror.

How many people on here criticising Paul are flying out to the Edmonton game?

Paddy was in TO. He's die-hard. He's dejected. And he'll be back. I'm sure of it.

Paddy is definitely not the only one on this board that's second guessing all the sacrifices financially and time wise made to support the national program.

Guest speedmonk42

You'll be back.

This is our own personal therapy group for our particular dysfunction.

Look forward to seeing you again.

hey, I probably had the worst week. month to date & past 2 months ever - Canada out after 4 matches and I work in the investment industry - I should be jumping off some building today but for now, I'm sticking to licking my emotional scars on a week that I'll remember at my deathbed.

Archived