Post-Pellerud - What Now?

fishman

I had to laugh this morning; here's a 13 year old female soccer player's version of the Hooper affair:

Noticing that the Charmaine Hooper signature on her team Canada jersey wasn't as faded as the others she said, "I really miss Hooper. I'm sad she's not on the team anymore. It's too bad everybody was so immature, Hooper, Sinclair and the coach because otherwise she could still be on the team."

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Richard

^ On the national team and not a goalkeeper at 40+ years old? There's a truly indoctrinated 13 year old :)

At the Beijing Olympics Dara Torres won a silver medal in swimming at 41, Josefa Guerrini won a silver in canoe-kayak at 43, Jeannie Longo finished fourth in cycling time trials at age 50...three sports that require far more hours of physical training (and in my opinion are more grueling) than soccer.

quote:Originally posted by Soju

Canada does have Canadians, they're called Natives. The rest are immigrants, all of them. Being white does not make you any less of an immigrant. Did you just tell me to read a history book while omitting that part? Why am I not surprised. When people call you a racist prick they're being liberal fascists right? How convenient that must be for you. Why don't you answer my question in the other thread while you're digging your hole. In fact why don't you just come out and post a really racist diatribe instead of half-assing your whole argument. I think you're afraid to tell us what you really think. [:X] Go on enlighten me sweety pie.

LMAO...Typical liberal fascist childish reflex. Whenever you're in a corner you always resort to the "native card" or the "race card" because you have no other defense. Oh you love those natives so dearly I am sure. With your logic every nation in the world should relinquish their territories to the dinosaurs who were there first.

If the ethnic wanted to live in uncivilized territory they didn't have to travel all the way to Canada. All they had to do was stay home. The reality is that they fled to the civilized country called Canada that was founded and built by the English and French. Multiculturalism is a recent invention that was shoved down our throats by an opportunistic politician named Pierre Trudeau who depended on corporate dollars to keep him in power. In return he promised cheaper labor costs to keep the masters rich.

Your argument has no logic. Pathetic.

standtruefor(insert whatever you wish)...

You are a daft troll. Firstly, this is a forum for discussion and debate about Canadian Soccer - in this post, specifically about the directions the Women's program might take after the Pellerud years.

However, since you have decided to pontificate about multiculturalism in Canada...you should be set straight.

Multiculturalism was first stated by the Progressive Conservative Party in the 60s. As a policy, multiculturalism was adopted in 1971 in response to the growing unrest amongst French-speaking Canadians. Additionally, the policy acknowledged that many ethnic Canadians experience unequal access to resources and opportunities...a trend which obviously you would like to perpetuate.

In the country with the highest per capita immigration rates in the world, I think it is time arseholes like you crawled back under your bigoted rock.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

^ On the national team and not a goalkeeper at 40+ years old? There's a truly indoctrinated 13 year old :)

Your objectivity is worst than ever and your hate and discrimination are blossoming. Why don't you just go and take some photos and stay away from here.

That's easy. Batman!

He's topical and way cool. He'd get total respect from everybody, or else he would chop suey their ass. He would bring masses of exposure and recognition to the program. He's wicked smart, so if he didn't know about soccer and coaching and stuff, he could pick it up really easily, and enter all the relevant data into the BatComputer and beep beep tweet, there's how you win. And he's independently wealthy, has his own mansion, and cannot be corrupted.

Yeah, Batman.

And get Stewie Griffin as an assistant coach! Eveybody would be all like "hey, look at the cute baby" and then he hits the other team with a death ray. Sweet.

I'm pretty sure both of them can speak French, too.

quote:Originally posted by AlanDouglas

Trillium, are you saying that those who provide the funds should have a say in how the money be spent? Didn't you take the opposite stance with regard to private donations? Not disagreeing, just seeking clarification.

Your right I took the opposite stand, saying Kerfoots money should have been no strings attached rather then linked to stocking the Whitecaps womens team. The truth is when government funds a program the government who represents all of us citizens gets to have a say .. be it back room one or public one.

FIFA and Sepp B are always eager to curry government money and favors but never ever want government to exercise power over the Sport people.

Look at the recent bru ha ha with VANOC and the opening ceremony money... VANOC saying hey the FEDS wont get to call the tune... trust me Heritage Canada will ensure VANOC has a bilingual program to open the Winter Olympics .. as well as native dancers .. chinese dragons and what ever else is deemed politic.

Clearly when federal money flows it flows with constraints.. heck even an Independent Air Canada is mandated to be bilingual .. the share holders carrying the cost of paying for it... so dont be shocked about bilingualism or the right and duty of the federal powers that be to promote it given its the law of the land.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

Air Canada is our national carrier, they get special status (like $2 billion government bailouts), and have extra responsibilities (bilingualism and having to keep rubbish money loosing routes).

Air Canada never got thsoe government bailouts. You really need to stop reading those Marxist Party newsletters.

quote:Originally posted by standfortruecanada

LMAO...Typical liberal fascist childish reflex. Whenever you're in a corner you always resort to the "native card" or the "race card" because you have no other defense. Oh you love those natives so dearly I am sure. With your logic every nation in the world should relinquish their territories to the dinosaurs who were there first.

If the ethnic wanted to live in uncivilized territory they didn't have to travel all the way to Canada. All they had to do was stay home. The reality is that they fled to the civilized country called Canada that was founded and built by the English and French. Multiculturalism is a recent invention that was shoved down our throats by an opportunistic politician named Pierre Trudeau who depended on corporate dollars to keep him in power. In return he promised cheaper labor costs to keep the masters rich.

Your argument has no logic. Pathetic.

My argument is that the natives were here first and the Canada we live in now was built completely by immigrants. The Chinese who built the railways which united the Canada we know today have no right to be here because they are not French or English? What about their contribution? What about the contributions of ALL the non-French non-English immigrants to building this country? Italians don't belong here? Portugese? Polish? It's not only logical but it's an absolute fact this happened unless you want to rewrite history. You've clearly never set foot in a Canadian classroom or if you did you called BS on all of it because your teachers were all "liberal fascists".

The native culture was uncivilized? That's completely subjective, and spoken like an ignorant white trash imperialistic a-hole without any culture beyond telling everyone he's a "real Canadian". The natives had a functioning society with their own religion, culture and medicinal system in place before the Europeans came, is that wrong? Oh right I forgot. All the facts you need are inside your gut. Go on check your gut for facts, found some? OK now call me illogical and pathetic. Dig that hole deeper and deeper. It sucks being such a fact fascist and having all this "history" on my side.

Now let's have a good look at you. Since you're standing for true Canada I'd like to know who our representative is, since he's standing true for some entirely fictional Canada no one wants.

Who raised you? No one? Anyone? Maniacs? You look around at our multicultural society and feel sick, eh? Ew the coloureds are ruining the white dream I had for Canada. Damn that Trudeau creating opportunity for immigrants, what a bastard! Sorry pal. Check your nazi armband at the door and leave, because you're never going to win this one. Here's a test, please actually do this.

I want you to go stand in a busy shopping mall. Stand up on a bench and start telling people what you think. Tell all the non white non French non English to go back to where they came from.

You are a white man of proper WASP descent so you are in charge. Canada is for Canadians and you decide who the real Canadians are. Passports and contributions do not matter. The ideologies of our democratically elected officials who have pledged to make Canada a multiracial multicultural society do not matter. YOU get to decide who stays and who goes. Anyone who disagrees is fascist. Coincidentally the people who get to stay look like you *gasp*, so you don't have to leave. That's excellent. Shout it through your megaphone.

What's the matter? You don't have the balls? Don't have the spine? Go on now. Go do that. I have no problem standing up on that bench next to you and telling people what I think, why can't you tell them what you think?

Maybe because they'd call you...Hitler? :D Maybe because they would...put you in jail? :D Maybe they'd just kick your crazy ass back to kindergarten. :D

I'm smiling because I love Canada. I love my country because people like you have no power in it. People like you aren't even brave enough to speak like this in public, because people like you know you're in a teeny tiny minority of blow hards who will never change a damn thing. People like you represent absolutely no one and absolutely nothing, and everyday I wake up smiling because I know that I'm Canadian. I come from a country that may not be perfect, but takes steps to ensure that your kind of hatred is limited to anonymous chit chat on message boards. I love Canada because the very troops you say you support fought AGAINST the man with the little mustache who shares your ideals of a 1 nation 1 race policy.

So which one of us is really standing for TRUE Canada, sunshine? We could have people vote, people who look just like you, but I'm quite greating sure you wouldn't like the results. ;)

quote:Originally posted by Soju

My argument is that the natives were here first and the Canada we live in now was built completely by immigrants. The Chinese who built the railways which united the Canada we know today have no right to be here because they are not French or English? What about their contribution? What about the contributions of ALL the non-French non-English immigrants to building this country? Italians don't belong here? Portugese? Polish? It's not only logical but it's an absolute fact this happened unless you want to rewrite history. You've clearly never set foot in a Canadian classroom or if you did you called BS on all of it because your teachers were all "liberal fascists".

The native culture was uncivilized? That's completely subjective, and spoken like an ignorant white trash imperialistic a-hole without any culture beyond telling everyone he's a "real Canadian". The natives had a functioning society with their own religion, culture and medicinal system in place before the Europeans came, is that wrong? Oh right I forgot. All the facts you need are inside your gut. Go on check your gut for facts, found some? OK now call me illogical and pathetic. Dig that hole deeper and deeper. It sucks being such a fact fascist and having all this "history" on my side.

Now let's have a good look at you. Since you're standing for true Canada I'd like to know who our representative is, since he's standing true for some entirely fictional Canada no one wants.

Who raised you? No one? Anyone? Maniacs? You look around at our multicultural society and feel sick, eh? Ew the coloureds are ruining the white dream I had for Canada. Damn that Trudeau creating opportunity for immigrants, what a bastard! Sorry pal. Check your nazi armband at the door and leave, because you're never going to win this one. Here's a test, please actually do this.

I want you to go stand in a busy shopping mall. Stand up on a bench and start telling people what you think. Tell all the non white non French non English to go back to where they came from.

You are a white man of proper WASP descent so you are in charge. Canada is for Canadians and you decide who the real Canadians are. Passports and contributions do not matter. The ideologies of our democratically elected officials who have pledged to make Canada a multiracial multicultural society do not matter. YOU get to decide who stays and who goes. Anyone who disagrees is fascist. Coincidentally the people who get to stay look like you *gasp*, so you don't have to leave. That's excellent. Shout it through your megaphone.

What's the matter? You don't have the balls? Don't have the spine? Go on now. Go do that. I have no problem standing up on that bench next to you and telling people what I think, why can't you tell them what you think?

Maybe because they'd call you...Hitler? :D Maybe because they would...put you in jail? :D Maybe they'd just kick your crazy ass back to kindergarten. :D

I'm smiling because I love Canada. I love my country because people like you have no power in it. People like you aren't even brave enough to speak like this in public, because people like you know you're in a teeny tiny minority of blow hards who will never change a damn thing. People like you represent absolutely no one and absolutely nothing, and everyday I wake up smiling because I know that I'm Canadian. I come from a country that may not be perfect, but takes steps to ensure that your kind of hatred is limited to anonymous chit chat on message boards. I love Canada because the very troops you say you support fought AGAINST the man with the little mustache who shares your ideals of a 1 nation 1 race policy.

So which one of us is really standing for TRUE Canada, sunshine? We could have people vote, people who look just like you, but I'm quite greating sure you wouldn't like the results. ;)

I imagine standtrueforcanada's counter argument will be that his "presumably" white ancestors have a long history of fighting for this country's freedom (ie world war 1, world war 2, war of 1812 etc etc) as well as enduring the many hardships of this land centuries ago to in a sense have a "bigger contribution" in the success and formation of the nation of Canada. Which basically boils down to his race was 99% responsible for this great country while every other Johnny come lately in the last half century who in large proportions are no longer white and from the british isles, but are of other heritages and get to enjoy the fruits of the labours ofstandtrueforcanada's forefathers by coming here and bringing their cultures and values with them while not having to do the historical "heavy lifting" and demanding accomodation of their ways.

I don't agree with that line of thinking, ie just look at the Chinese early contribution to nation building via the railroad, or our multicultural force in Afghanistan. But, from some of the arguements i've had with people who think the way that standtrueforCanada thinks, this is their line of reasoning. It has so many holes in it, theres no need to point out the obvious.

quote:Originally posted by Vic

"the best qualified person for the job and that person is under their nose already and they know it"

Care to elucidate?

Sorry my friend...I'd love to make the name public (I think there are a couple of people who might have an idea who it is) but if I did name this candidate, you can be 100% sure that this person's chances of getting the job go down the toilet. I'm sure we all know how the CSA works.

I do have a bit of an update regarding the decision making process for the new WNT coach. We won't have a new coach for several months. The CSA, despite having already met with the best candidate they will ever get for the job, have decided to formally post the job and will begin taking applications formally next week. As I see it, they probably don't believe there is a need to hire a coach anytime soon (and start paying them right away) since there is nothing pressing to prepare for right now. Same thing seems to apply for the Mens U20 coach (qualifying is mere months away and no coach has been named yet).

This thread really took a turn. Please don't insult long standing white trash like myself by labelling the ill-informed, likely in-bred, semi-literate and intellectually challenged fckwad known as StandtrueforCanada with that term.

On topic, PJ for new coach, with CH getting her required experience as his backup.

quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

Air Canada never got those government bailouts. You really need to stop reading those Marxist Party newsletters.

I stand Corrected, I thought I remembered they getting a bail out and when I googled it it came up with a bunch of pages about what an outrage the bailout was. I guess its one of those things like Gore invented the internet ;)

quote:Originally posted by AlanDouglas

That's easy. Batman!

He's topical and way cool. He'd get total respect from everybody, or else he would chop suey their ass. He would bring masses of exposure and recognition to the program. He's wicked smart, so if he didn't know about soccer and coaching and stuff, he could pick it up really easily, and enter all the relevant data into the BatComputer and beep beep tweet, there's how you win. And he's independently wealthy, has his own mansion, and cannot be corrupted.

Yeah, Batman.

And get Stewie Griffin as an assistant coach! Eveybody would be all like "hey, look at the cute baby" and then he hits the other team with a death ray. Sweet.

I'm pretty sure both of them can speak French, too.

Adam West and Stewie Griffin both live in Quahog, so you're probably not far off! ;)

Guest speedmonk42

standfortruecanada...

"You know what a liberal fascist is?They are people who go into other countries to tell them what to do and how to live"

Like say Afghanistan?

• 2 weeks later...
quote:

;)

Your point is completely moot. I never step foot in your neighborhood. You live in a concentration camp, barbed wire fences to be installed at a time of our choosing. Whenever I have the misfortune of driving through the concentration camp to get to a Canadian neighborhood I may roll down the window momentarily to spit, other than that my flesh never touches your air. Of course every now and then one of your kind strays into the mainstream society, far from blending in we look at you in curiosity in much the same way people looked at the elephant man.ewwwwww.

If you don't believe me then why is there no empathy for those two "Canadian guys" from the middle east about to be beheaded in Saudi Arabia? Do you think the typical Canadian public would react with the same indifference if the culprits were good Canadian boys? We all know that nationality is really about roots and common ancestry and nothing to do with that piece of toilet paper called a Canadian passport you forged to get here. Don't be so cocky.Things can change very fast. We are about to elect a right wing government and the environmentalists may soon clue in that the best strategy to fighting pollution is to stop handing out passports to refugees who uproot all our trees.

Note to moderators:

Registration policy states that posts that are ... hateful, harassing...are not allowed. Hasn't this joker crossed the line yet? This sewage is so much more offensive than any bleep words or vulgar comments.

Ignoring him hasn't made him go away, he doesn't deserve a tribune, especially not on a soccer website.

Archived