Whitecaps v Galaxy Pt. II [R]

The match is at 7:00 pm MST (9:00 EST) tonight. I figure we might as well have a match thread.

Gol TV and Shaw Cable are both broadcasting this live.

By the way, for Rogers customers, I've noticed that Gol TV has appeared on the free preview channel (Ch. 59). So you may have TV access to the game even if you don't pay for Gol TV.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Dolan said they're relaying the pitch after this match. Good because it's rubbish. Absolutely rubbish.

Bit unlucky on the Galaxy goal with the defender stumbling but what the Hell? Djekanovic had no business 17 yards off his line on a floater like that. Prefer an aggressive keep myself but that's a bit much.

On a side note I still don't much care for Dolan as a commentator. Bit too monotone for me if you follow. Like Godfrey though.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Great game, Vancouver could have easily scored 4 or 5.

Anyone see Xavier freak out at the end ? He is crap....

I saw him get deked out of his jock strap by young Edmontonian Randy Edwini-Bonsu at the end, and then he did it to some one else on the Galaxy a few minutes later. No wonder he won player of the tourney in Germany, he looks every bit the type of striker that Canada doesn't produce enough of. A real prospect from what I saw in those last few minutes.

Result was nice. That was about it.

That pitch was an absolute embarassment. It looks like we broke Beckham again. But hey-at least it wasn't that evil FieldTurf. Frozen tundra with more patches than a thousand old men losing their hair is much better. And before anyone goes on about no regular teams in Commonwealth, the longer winter...this is what people are pushing as our 'national stadium' because of grass. They should have been prepared for this.

LA have a lot of work to do. They have a lot of sh*t disguised as footballers playing for them.

Archived