Mother of All Canadians Abroad - February 2010

^ That's because scores are posted in other threads than this (and Junior scoring was posted in multiple threads). This thread is supposed to be used to track player movement, trials, etc, not game results.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cameron McKay of Oakville (GK) has signed a contract with Cowdenbeath F.C. of the Scottish Football League Second Division (3rd division overall in Scotland).

Link from his blog confirms this: http://onefingertiptomakethenextsave.blogspot.com/

Cameron most recently was the starting keeper for Ontario Soccer League powerhouse Hamilton Croatia. He started this season as the backup keeper at Serbian White Eagles (CSL) before transfering to Hamilton Croatia.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Cameron McKay of Oakville (GK) has signed a contract with Cowdenbeath F.C. of the Scottish Football League Second Division (3rd division overall in Scotland).

Link from his blog confirms this: http://onefingertiptomakethenextsave.blogspot.com/

Cameron most recently was the starting keeper for Ontario Soccer League powerhouse Hamilton Croatia. He started this season as the backup keeper at Serbian White Eagles (CSL) before transfering to Hamilton Croatia.

Dan Pelc is a year younger and was the starter ahead of McKay at SWE. Is it safe to say we can expect another European trial for Pelc after this CSL season?

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Dan Pelc is a year younger and was the starter ahead of McKay at SWE. Is it safe to say we can expect another European trial for Pelc after this CSL season?

Impossible to know. That's up to Pelc I guess.

Physically</u>, Pelc has EVERYTHING you need to be a top notch GK. I honestly don't know if Pelc is actively seeking a career as a professional GK.

^ Didn't realize he'd gone to Southern New Hampshire (SNHU)! That's about as obscure as it gets!

Good compilation, it's a shame he only got the one trial at Nottingham Forest last year(unless he had others we never heard about).

edit: Loyola, yes these schools will produce some decent soccer players from time to time, but they are still small schools. And in terms of the major sports they're pretty obscure. Most of all their names are the best indicators of obscurity...Southern Connecticut State!? Who do the Fightin' Insurance Salesmen play in the opener? Why it's the Western Rhode Island Tech Clamfarmers!

^ Didn't realize he'd gone to Southern New Hampshire (SNHU)! That's about as obscure as it gets!

Good compilation, it's a shame he only got the one trial at Nottingham Forest last year(unless he had others we never heard about).

SNHU is playing in the same conference as SCSU, the school where Olivier Occean played 3 years. It's probably one of the strongest D2 conference and one in a while it produce a decent pro such as OO. As for Pelc, he seems to be a decent keeper but the question would be if he's ability to dismiss mistakes is good enough for the next level.

For what it's worth I've been told by some TR Attak players that there was only 2 good keepers in the CSL last season: Pelc and Olivieri.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

For what it's worth I've been told by some TR Attak players that there was only 2 good keepers in the CSL last season: Pelc and Olivieri.

Windsor's keeper last season was quite good.

North York Astros keeper to start the year last season was also very good and is now playing pro in France. Just trying to get the name of the club to post on the MOACA thread.

I have been recently been made aware of another young Canadian GK playing abroad

Name: Daniel Mendez

Current Club: Goias Esporte Clube (Brazil). This club plays in Brazil's top division.

Youth club: Woodbridge (ON) SC

Apparently, Daniel was scouted playing for Woodbridge SC this summer and invited to come to Goias for a 3-6 month "trial". He was also invited to trial for Oldham Athletic (English League 1) this past spring but had to turn down the invitation due to injury.

Another young keeper to track. If I get updates on him, I'll pass it along.

quote:Originally posted by rdroze

Here's one I haven't seen before:

Haidar Al-Shaibani has signed (though has not yet played this season) for French 2nd-division side Nîmes Olympique:

http://www.nimesolympique.fr/textes/saison/fiches/al_shaibani.html

That would appear to be the NY Astros goalie VPjr. was talking about!

He played in a League Cup match last Aug 25th. Match ended 2-2 and he didn't give up a single PK goal (Nimes won 3-0):

http://www.nimesolympique.fr/textes/saison/matches/cligue-09-02.html

That's a pretty big move for a CIS player. Everyone I've talked to who have seen him play only have good things to say about him. Apparently he's a great distributor of the ball and a good shot stopper.

He was Canada Universiades keeper in 2007 when we finished 4th.

That's a pretty big move for a CIS player. Everyone I've talked to who have seen him play only have good things to say about him. Apparently he's a great distributor of the ball and a good shot stopper.

He was Canada Universiades keeper in 2007 when we finished 4th.

That would appear to be the NY Astros goalie VPjr. was talking about!

He played in a League Cup match last Aug 25th. Match ended 2-2 and he didn't give up a single PK goal (Nimes won 3-0):

http://www.nimesolympique.fr/textes/saison/matches/cligue-09-02.html

yup...that's the guy I was waiting to post about. I was trying to get more info on him

very good keeper from what I'm told.

Archived