Saputo Stadium construction pictures

Daniel

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

It doesn't really matter what sport uses the stadium, if it is necessary to rent out the stadium to various groups to finance its operation, the result will be a natural grass field in poor condition.

Nor really. Swangard in Burnaby is natural grass and is used for many other sports/groups and nobody complains about the quality of the grass.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, people generally rave about the pitch at Swangard. Unfortunately, that's about all that "stadium" had going for it. Also, why is that other stadiums in other not-so-warm countries can have decent grass pitches, but we can't seem to manage it?

New updates. The final stand is going in.

Capacities:

Main stand: 3,807

Lateral stand: 6,130

End stand: 2,594

TOTAL: 12,531

To expand by another 5,500 seats (to reach 18k), you'd probably need to either build a massive stand behind one goal or add to the back of the existing end stand (2x 4k, still pretty massive) or possibly add a second deck or corners.

http://www.boutiquemeteo.com/saputo/stadesaputo.htm

semaine16_7.jpg

They have the stadium blueprints in a tent at CCR:

IMG_5801.jpg

I hope somehow I'm wrong, but I still can't see anything preventing people from just standing in the corners or at that one end and not paying. If that's the case, and they don't want to expand too quickly, PLEASE fill in the corners with a fence as well as that far end.

Pitch is narrowed (on both sides it looks like) to allow for equipment. Earthmovers, cranes that sort of stuff. I expect that it will be relaid as soon as construction is at a point where vehicle access won't be necessary any longer.

Hmmm. Quite soon I'd wager as well. These mechano-sets go together rapidly once the frame is in and you can lay sod pretty late into the summer.

"sign and vip tents..." Having looked at the renderings and the blueprint, I don't see any fences with signs. In the renderings, you can see people walking around in the park and you can see "into" the open "stadium". The Saputos aren't stupid, I'm sure something will be done, I just don't see anything indicating this.

As of right now this stadium is not BMO quality..its obvious, anyone that says it is, is a either a really big impact fan or a little slow.

but the important thing is that this stadium can be BMO quality whenever the impact move on up to the MLS. Private boxes, expansion ect... this stadium actually could beat out BMO in many players minds as it will have a grass pitch

Archived