Saputo Stadium construction pictures

Daniel

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Richard

I doubt TFC in their current state would be interested in playing the Impact. A TFC loss at this stage to a USL team would be just another embarrassment to an already severely embarrassed team.

I dunno. Considering they are playing the Portland Timbers I don't think Montreal is that much of a stretch.

quote:Originally posted by Danny Boy

Are there any games planned in the near future?

It just seems a waste to sod a field just before a nice Montreal winter.

I could be mistaken, but isn't it standard practice to lay down the pitch in the fall so that it can settle well before the season starts? If the pitch was laid only shortly before the season started, it wouldn't be ready in time and it would get torn to shreds.

quote:Originally posted by Gaetan Cormier

Carlsberg is one of the Montreal Impact sponsors, it is also one of the main sponsors for Liverpool... see where I'm getting at? :D

Or maybe FC Copenhagen.

But with our luck, it'll probably be Miami FC.

quote:Originally posted by Impact supporter

I would like to know will there be seats installed (to the concerete stands)and when will these seats be installed

As well, when will the scoreboard be installed?

Overall, looking good!!!!

It's the main stand, complete with private boxes, president's club section and press box. So of course, there will be seats installed... They should be installed soon, once the work on the roof is done (my guess).

No scoreboard will be installed, as far as I know. It'll be some kind of temporary rented jumbotron on wheels, sadly... Either a lack of vision on this one, or maybe the Impact playing it safe knowing they will expand the stadium in a not too distant future and install a real scoreboard then...

Archived