Saputo Stadium construction pictures

Daniel

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was right!!!!! ...it was something I missed. I don't know why I didn't see that before, thank you. I'm trying to imagine what it's like to see a real match in a real stadium in my own city. We used to be really close (behind the south goal) at Swangard in Vancouver, but Burnaby kept moving us back further and further because we just stood on the grass and every match we would come and see they'd done something different. I envy you, Allez les bleus.

there is no doubt that facility can be expanded.

For a USL facility, this is going to be excellent. It will also be worthy of being part of the National Team rotation. Montreal deserves to get a few games (plus I love to go to Montreal so I am hoping for at least 1 or 2 WC qualifiers at Stade Saputo).

Only thing I would prefer would be proper seats rather than benches. Not that I sit much at a game but benches kind of suck. The cheapo seats TFC put in the supporters section are better IMO and apparently not that ridiculously expensive. However, Saputo is out of pocket on this stadium so I can understand cutting corners like that. When its full, who'll know?

Congrats Montreal. Can't wait to come check it out next year

quote:Originally posted by VPjrOnly thing I would prefer would be proper seats rather than benches. Not that I sit much at a game but benches kind of suck. The cheapo seats TFC put in the supporters section are better IMO and apparently not that ridiculously expensive. However, Saputo is out of pocket on this stadium so I can understand cutting corners like that. When its full, who'll know?

It will all be individual seats (the buckets for the "popular" stands, fold-downs for the presidential stand).

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

If anything looks cheap it's the usage of that previous set of stands.

I'm pretty sure it'll look good once finalised. That's just a base. They'll probably restore or paint it before actually putting in the benches, roof and suites.

quote:Originally posted by vancanman

What's that weird stage-type thing at the corner where the old stand meets the end grandstand? Otherwise, it's looking great. Can someone do some fancy computer stuff and make it look as if there's grass?

Good question. No clue.

quote:Originally posted by brodycheese

oh that's awesome, get the team canada boys out to play games here it would be amazing. Really though, what the hell is up with the CSA? How could they not be successful at having a game in these intimate stadiums and make a profit???

Because there haven't been games played in intimate stadiums.

quote:What's that weird stage-type thing at the corner where the old stand meets the end grandstand?

My money is on a pub/restaurant/hospitality suite. You find them in many smaller European Stadiums. That open corner section (all concrete) looks like a fine patio to have a beer on.

I am now several shades of green with envy.

Archived