Saputo Stadium construction pictures

Daniel

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If BMO (a real stadium but a plastic pitch) and Swangard (a great pitch with some seats nearby) had a love child, it would be Stade Saputo. Maybe one day Lenarduzzi will run for mayor and within the next 30 years or so city council will finally approve the 219th version of Whitecaps Stadium.

Hello all!

I'm the photographer that takes the photos that Daniel has been showing! It's real pleasure taking them and I'm glad that you guys are enjoying them!

The pitch is really nice and I heard that the company in charge of it is a highly praised company that has been doing work on major golf courses or something like that. I'm telling ya! When I saw it for the first time this week all I wanted was to run on it and play ball! Of course I dind't hahahaha!

This week they also received the seats for General Admission grand stand (the one that will bear the Impact logo) so expect some new pictures next week !!!

cheers!

quote:Originally posted by vancanman

Going back to that weird stage type-thing, won't people sitting next to it have their sight lines of the corner obstructed?

Are you talking about this?

semaine22_5.jpg

If yes, this will be a "terrasse" for VIP, probably that tables and chairs will be there to watch the game drinking a beer or something.

quote:Originally posted by cndsoccer

looks great.

better watch it...the als may want to move in...

Not likely. The Als are quite content playing at Molson Stadium, which by the way is bigger than this stadium. Plus they are in the process of adding more seats (including an upper mezzanine level on the south side - how they will pull that off is anybody's guess). Plus the Als have the Olympic Stadium next door which they use once or twice a year (to generate extra income, since Molson Stdium only holds 29 000 at present). At this point, the Impact will be the principle tenants of their new stadium.

So all in all, it's a win-win situation for everyone.

Congrats Montreal....the Stade Saputo is looking better and better.

There is no way the CSA can avoid giving Montreal at least 1 WCQ qualifier. The Saputo's have earned the right to showcase their facility. It's a lovely, simple stadium. Sometimes (often actually) the KISS theory (Keep It Simple Stupid) is the best theory. I can't wait to come to Montreal to view a match live. Gaetan, thanks for the photos. keep them coming.

Originally posted by cndsoccer

looks great.

better watch it...the als may want to move in...

[/quote

I was just joking guys...with the argo/bmo thing going on now:)

congratz looks good,can't wait for the day that you are in the mls.

i can see 2 or 3k toronto supporters there for a saturday night game.

that will be wild!!!

Archived