Voyageurs New Scarf Initiative

Jarrek

I think it's best that we put our scarf controversy behind us and come up with a new initiative on creating Voyageurs scarves in time for the FIFA Under-20 World Cup.

This new initiative will be headed up by me and Rudi, along with anyone else in the Toronto area who wishes out to help out with shipping, etc.

The scarves will be sold at the original promised price of roughly $16. Profit made on each scarf will be used to reimburse any Voyageurs who were left out in the cold last time around.

Yes, we'll have to sell a lot of scarves, so if you don't want to be reimbursed, please state so in this thread.

We'll have the final details on cost, etc worked out in a couple of days, and the actual order will be done through another thread.

Preliminary Orders

10 - Cheeta

1 - Massive Attack

2 - Argh1

5 - RedHat

1 - The Ref

1 - Bertuzzi44

20 - MM2

1 - canuck fan

4 - Kicked

2 - Pawel

2 - Vancouver Fan

2 - Andrew W

1 - Markus

2 - Maaster

1 - Brennan Fan

2 - TrueViking

2 - Marktci

2 - gwallace76

2 - El Hombre

1 - Loyola

4 - dbailey62

1 - HamiltonSteelers

5 - RiverCity

1 - Moosehead

2 - Bill Spiers

4 - Carl Valentine

5 - youllneverwalkalone

Total: 86

Originally Paid Tom for scarves

10 - Cheeta

1 - Massive Attack

? - Jeffrey

1 - Metro

5 - Redhat

1 - Sigma

2 - Massimo

15 - MM2

1 - canuck fan

1 - Kicked

1 - Markus

2 - Maaster

1 - TrueViking

2 - El Hombre

5 - RiverCity

2 - Bill Spiers

1 - HamiltonSteelers

Cool.

Gawd bless yee me-son.

And further proof that I never learnt when to quit, I still need 10 of the sons-of-a-bitchs.

(Assuming we're still working along your [jarrek's] origonal design).

Gallows humour, but PayPal seemed to work pretty good last go around....

P.S. Ooops. Sorry. Forgot to mention I'm not looking for compensation for the origional blunder (at least through this scheme). If we can get most everyone else paid back that would be great and a real nice bit of work. Cheers.

Guest Jeffery S.

After the bad experience last time out, could I make a couple of suggestions? Tell me to screw off if you think this is out of line.

1) It would be better to have a budget or two from local suppliers before setting a price, so people know what they are paying for. Post the design again with those budgets first, with estimations of delivery times. Then, on the basis of the budget and prices, people can anticipate interest.

Related to this, since I assume you are anticipating production in Toronto, perhaps some idea of delivery/mailing costs could be given with these base production cost estimations.

2) People should not pay in advance, but should be advised of a need to pay shortly before the supplier is set to deliver. People should also pay face value for their scarves and there should be no profit in my opinion, unless negligible from rounding up a figure. If those organizing this do not want to do it without seeing a profit, let someone else handle it who will do so voluntarily.

3) Profit, however negligible, should not be used to reimburse individuals who have lost money from previously failed attempts. Someone new on the board or not involved with the last mix up should not be required to pay extra to cover for another, previous error. Errors are paid for by those responsible for them.

4) As certain bad blood related to the old scarf project has arisen as a consequence of one thread on the U-sector board, where both Jarrek and Rudi have posts (and I am far from the only person disconcerted by them), perhaps it would be wiser for you guys to involve more people in the new scarf project who are not directly U-Sector. Okay, perhaps me saying this is going to piss you off. But if you really want this to be a non-partisan project in benefit of the Voyageurs, with the maximum amount of response from all parts of the country, involve a wider, more diverse group of Voyageurs, save yourself some work, and ensure a greater response.

5) I will buy a V-scarf, but like last time, I prefer to wait until the bird is close to being in the hand before getting on Paypal.

I wasn't part of the last effort.

But if you can send me two on a paid by cheque basis, don't like interenet payment schemes. I'll pay for two more to be remembursed to one of those who lost on the last scheme.

I'm all set to attend the games in Ottawa. Sure would be nice to have something to show my support. Even if Canada isn't in that group.

I have no problem with getting this started up again. Please put me down for five

of those scarves.

As for getting back some of the money through the profits, well that's just a bonus for

us who bought more and made the costs lower for everyone else. As for those thinking it's

not fair for newbies to carry some of the "error", well that your penalty for being late

to the party. Besides it's still costing only $16 or so.

And for Rudi & Jarrek, thanks for getting this thing started on the right foot.

Jeffrey,

This is a supplier we have dealt with when ordering the U-Sector scarves. So they're very trustworthy.

We're set to order a second round of U-Sector scarves shortly.

As for using the profit to re-imburse people, your opinion is noted. It would be great if we can get some more comments on this.

There are no local suppliers unfortunately, but I am getting a quote from www.sportsscarf.com.

Me or Rudi won't dissapear like Tom. I've been around here since 2000, and Rudi almost the same amount of time, but we would like to involve more people just because of the logistics of ordering and shipping the scarves.

I agree with Cheetah, the only person who owes me any money from the first order is Tom Baczynski.

I'll still take my original order of 15+5 = 20 (presents for a soccer mad family). If you need any help in Ottawa for distribution, collection of money etc. let me know. I'll be in Toronto for most TFC games (section 222)so could arrange for pick-up instead of shipping.

Rudi/Jarrek, thanks for getting this going again.

Put me down for one scarf. Reimbursement for the lost scarf is not needed from this project. As others' have said it is up to Tom to rectify that.

How are the finances looking for the web hosting? I think you have been handling that Jarrek have you not? I would not be opposed to charging $18 or $20 providing that the profits went towards the upkeep of this site, as it seems we need to do fund-raising every year in order to do so.

I was lucky enough not to be involved in the first scarf order.

I will buy one scarf from the new order. Just let me know where to send the cheque/paypal.

I'm really unhappy to see that the last order went so poorly... I'm fully confident that this next order will go better.

M@

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Preliminary Orders

10 - Cheeta

1 - Massive Attack

2 - Argh1

5 - RedHat

1 - The Ref

1 - Bertuzzi44

20 - MM2

1 - canuck fan

4 - Kicked