Roster is Out

Guest Ed

For those thinking of starting Wagenaar, I am not sure that I would start or even play in the 2nd half such a young keeper when he is coming back from injury. Confidence is pretty important for keepers and a bad performance from an out of form young keeper could set him back. If he were starting regularly for his club and was in form I would have a different opinion but at the moment it might be enough to just have him training with the team.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Serioux and deRo having played 115mins and 120mins+ respectively at the MLS final, i doubt they will start against hungary. also, since friend has not exactly been producing for his club, this is who id like to see start...

radz...........hume

.......hutch

nakajima....deguzman

......bernier

jazic kev tam pozniak

.....wagenaar

hopefully all the subs will get some playing time.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

With Serioux and deRo having played 115mins and 120mins+ respectively at the MLS final, i doubt they will start against hungary. also, since friend has not exactly been producing for his club, this is who id like to see start...

radz...........hume

.......hutch

nakajima....deguzman

......bernier

jazic kev tam pozniak

.....wagenaar

Let me greatly disagree with you ;).

---------------Sutton------------

Nsaliwa--Hainault--McKenna--Jazic

-----------JDG------Bernier------

Radz----------Hutch----------Hume

--------------Friend-------------

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Let me greatly disagree with you ;).

---------------Sutton------------

Nsaliwa--Hainault--McKenna--Jazic

-----------JDG------Bernier------

Radz----------Hutch----------Hume

--------------Friend-------------

I agree with Daniel's formation. Issey as a sub. We have seen Poz before and though he has played relatively well is still not

first choice quality at this position. Let's try guys who may be first choice material and see how they play. Wait for Wagenaar to be in game shape and starting at his club before playing him in a pressure situation. Sutton may not be in game shape but he is a pretty experienced and consistent keeper so I don't think this will affect him as much as it might some other keepers.

you're probably right about wagenaar, but i think the general attitude will be that the result isnt so important so its possible, if he's fit. im just curious to see what he can do at this level.

i know poz is cover, id just rather see nsaliwa play at his favoured position, which seems to be CB the past few seasons. and id like to see JDG more free to join the offense. whatever, basically its all the same.

also, as for Issey, if were going to call him up lets give him time to see what he can do. why is he automatically sub material? if simpson had been called and was starting, no one would have a problem, but Issey is playing at basically the same level as simpson, is getting more minutes, and is scoring goals. i say start the guy.

also, as for Issey, if were going to call him up lets give him time to see what he can do. why is he automatically sub material? if simpson had been called and was starting, no one would have a problem, but Issey is playing at basically the same level as simpson, is getting more minutes, and is scoring goals. i say start the guy.

I agree with the reasoning, but if we follow our pattern, our two wingers are Radz and Hume. Hume deserves a start and Radz has been our best player over the last few games. I can see Issey coming in at the half.

you're probably right about wagenaar, but i think the general attitude will be that the result isnt so important so its possible, if he's fit. im just curious to see what he can do at this level.

i know poz is cover, id just rather see nsaliwa play at his favoured position, which seems to be CB the past few seasons. and id like to see JDG more free to join the offense. whatever, basically its all the same.

As I posted a few post above with regards to Wagenaar I am not so much concerned with the result as with his confidence and a rough outing in his first senior international may not be what he needs right now. I think Nsaliwa and Hainault can both play either CB or RB so I would start whoever looks better at practice at the more important position for us which is CB. Nsaliwa like Serioux has recently been switched to midfield at club level which may or may not be better for him but is probably not good for us. Issey should get a decent amount of time but it is also his first game for us and I don't think he needs to start especially being, unlike Simpson, unfamiliar with the other players. Again a bad performance in your first international probably doesn't do a lot for a young player's confidence and we probably don't want a repeat of Sulentic's performance in Luxembourg. I think a 20 to 30 minute run when he is fresh and most of the opposition players are a bit tired is a better long term strategy for him as well. I also think winning regularly and building a winning attitude on the team is very important. We shouldn't sacrifice team development to win one friendly but winning should still be a very important priority.

radz...........hume

.......hutch

nakajima....deguzman

......bernier

jazic kev tam pozniak

.....wagenaar

Interesting, switch Bernier and De Guzman and it will be better and maybe Pozniak should leave is place to Tam.

But I think that Daniel is right... even if Sutton... is just a good USL player.

I would like to see;

--------------Sutton

Pozniak---Nsaliwa--McKenna----Jazic

------Bernier--Hutch---DeGuzman

--Hume-------------------Radzinski

------------Friend

I’m not crazy about Pozniak or Braz playing RB, but Pozniak has actually been pretty good his last two outing. For me the whole thing about Nsaliwa is actually using him in the centre of defence. We don’t need a rightback. We need a centreback with some pace to compliment McKenna who isn’t named Atiba Hutchinson. Unless he’s fallen off a lot, I think we know that Tam can play rightback. We need to see how he plays in the middle.

I’d give Hainault a good run out, probaby in McKenna’s spot and for ****s and giggles why not throw McKenna up top and give Friend a breather. Bring is Issey for Bernier and give Braz a run out, either switch Pozzy to LB and take out Jazic or straight swap.

Honestly I’d let DeRo and Serioux stay at home. I can’t see Serioux being fit to go at all. His knee was clearly bothering him. Surely we can find someone to step in as a standby mid and flank forward (whatever you want to call them).

cheers,

matthew

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by matthew

I would like to see;

--------------Sutton

Pozniak---Nsaliwa--McKenna----Jazic

------Bernier--Hutch---DeGuzman

--Hume-------------------Radzinski

------------Friend

I’m not crazy about Pozniak or Braz playing RB, but Pozniak has actually been pretty good his last two outing. For me the whole thing about Nsaliwa is actually using him in the centre of defence. We don’t need a rightback. We need a centreback with some pace to compliment McKenna who isn’t named Atiba Hutchinson. Unless he’s fallen off a lot, I think we know that Tam can play rightback. We need to see how he plays in the middle.

I’d give Hainault a good run out, probaby in McKenna’s spot and for ****s and giggles why not throw McKenna up top and give Friend a breather. Bring is Issey for Bernier and give Braz a run out, either switch Pozzy to LB and take out Jazic or straight swap.

Honestly I’d let DeRo and Serioux stay at home. I can’t see Serioux being fit to go at all. His knee was clearly bothering him. Surely we can find someone to step in as a standby mid and flank forward (whatever you want to call them).

cheers,

matthew

Pretty well in line with you here Matthew, except I prefer Braz to Pozniak. Also agree there is not sense in having our Dynamo players fly in from Texas, train a day or maybe two, then play. A bit absurd in fact, unless both said they really wanted to.

I say start Sutton, and definitely sub in Issey, give him a thirty minute run for Radz in the second half. And find a place for Hainault in the second half as well, probably beside McKenna as he is the surest back we have right now and it is all about getting them used to playing together.

From the Energie Cottbus site:

Energie captain Kevin McKenna on short notice has called off his participation with the Cdn national team in their game on Wednesday in Budapest against Hungary. "I am still not totally fit after my bout with the flu and want to avoid a setback", the captain explained his absence from the Canadian soccer national team.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Guess that shuffles up our backline...

Braz (Poz)---Hain---Tam---Jazic ?

As long as we keep Hutch in the midfield.

I wouldn't be surprised now if they don't keep him there, and decide to give Issey a start in midfield in start.

Issey! Issey! (Oink, Oink)

Issey! Issey! Issey! (Oink! Oink! Oink!)

I like this squad apart for the exclusion of Lars, I would've called him over one of the 2 keepers. I'm glad to see Wagenaar called (btw it's his second call up with the MNT, he was called for Spain in september 2005) and I agree with Grizzly that to play him could be risky coming back from an injury and being fairly young for a keeper, but let Hart see what he can do in practice and determine if he's sharper than Sutton.

Very happy to see Tam back in the squad, I hope he starts.

I would start these 11:

Sutton

Braz-Nsaliwa-Hainault-Jazic

Bernier-DeGuzman

Hutchinson

Radz-Hume

Friend

DeRo will be jet lagged so he should come off the bench in the second half.

Give some minutes to Issey unless he isn't impressive in practice.

I'm impressed to see Nsaliwa back in the fold. I'm sure the Lars situation will work itself out.

Personally, I'd favour:

----------Sutton

Pozniak-Nsaliwa-Hainault-Jazic

----Bernier-----deGuzman

-------Hutchinson

Radzinski---------Hume

----------Friend

Have to echo the sentiment that the MLS finalists shouldn't even be on the roster due to fatigue.

I'm excited to see if the new caps actually become new caps.

The centre back situation has always been a flashpoint for me, but I am more interested in hearing how DeGuzman and Bernier do as the shield in front of them. Since this will be their third game (perhaps more?) in a row starting in the centre, it would be worthwhile to watch their play closely. I won't be able to see the game at all, so I'm going to have to rely on you posters out there to give some feedback on these two players' performances.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

I wouldn't be surprised now if they don't keep him there, and decide to give Issey a start in midfield in start.

Issey! Issey! (Oink, Oink)

Issey! Issey! Issey! (Oink! Oink! Oink!)

Easily my favourite post of your five thousand plus posts!!

I agree totally!!

Another update on the Germany front. Coach of FC Kaiserslautern was reluctant to release Josh Simpson as they had 3 games in 9 days before this friendly (same applied to a Hungarian player with the Bundesliga 2 club). I don't think they can officially outright refuse these releases so the CSA must have given the club the bye on this one.

Also a short piece on slam sports today confirms that McKenna (sick) and both De Rosario and Serioux (injured Sunday) will NOT be going to Hungary. Peters has been called up and they are scrambling for another body or two (how about Blerim Rrustemi??).

I don't know much about this Rrustemi but if we call Pozniak or Reda we could give him a try, at least bring him over there (won't be too expensive for the CSA) and let see what he can do in training.

Will Johnson or David Edgar could be other options.

Glad to see Peters was called.

Archived