Toronto-area Voyageurs Get-Together

Gian-Luca

Guys, in light of the actions of City Council today I propose a motion that we get together at a drinking establishment some time soon in T.O.. The purpose of the meeting would be to:

1. Celebrate!

2. Maybe talk about where we want to go from here as semi-organized Toronto area fans who will have a new team to cheer for. I know we have a while before the MLS arrives & to prepare ourselves for it, but the more immediate priority is to celebrate, which I feel like doing now, rather than waiting.

All Toronto area posters in favour of passing this motion, say aye and suggest a time or a place.

I'd post this on the Ultras board if I could but I've been waiting for about a week for my registration to be approved by an administrator, and until then I can't post.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Count me in!

I've never met you guys before (I stopped going to Lynx matches before you guys were even formed, I think), so this occasion is as good as any!

Same with me...I'd love the opportunity to meet some of you guys.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

how bout next weekend?

Make sure you invite jerkins,Mcgoing and Ford and make them dishonorary members of the soccer force.We should invite someone from the CSA,MLSE the City and maybe some national team members, both boys and girls.

Anyway good idea and this needs some proper planning.

The place, the nearest bar/restaurant to city hall.

We do need a master of ceremonies invite Gerry Dobson and/or Craig Forrest.

Polish Lynx Fan, i once was a devoted follower of the Lynx but nothing against the players, straight up, all-round good guys that deserve better. but the Hartrells, turned my insides out, i felt like i swallowed the most bitter pill i could ever imagine. i turned my back on them and never looked back which included the ultras, really tore my heart apart.

Nicole reminds me of an old Harold Ballard and if people claim they are too young to recollect what he did to a storied franchise, lets just say; the 80's [}:)] was the most lowest point in Maple Leafs history.

Hey guys, obviously I won't be there with you but I'm there in spirit. Have a blast! And good luck with the inaugural season of the reborn Blizzard!

quote:Originally posted by Dave

Hey guys, obviously I won't be there with you but I'm there in spirit. Have a blast! And good luck with the inaugural season of the reborn Blizzard!

I echo that sentiment from the other direction. Dave, maybe you can plan to come to Tee-oh for the first kick in the new stadium. I hope to be there and have already begun the planning.

Cheers all and have a Canadian micro-brew for me.

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

Well if we are going anywhere, its the duke.... would u guys be up for a sunday afternoon thing? or a nite thing? because i work thurs, fri, sat nites... so i would need to book time off.

Which Duke? theres several Downtown. Wellington, Richmond etc.

quote:Originally posted by Polish_LYNX_Fan

I say we all send David Miller an e-mail or a officail letter signed by all the Vee's thanking him for bringing this stadium to TORONTO !!!!!

Just a little reminder that the champion in our corner is Kevan Pipe.So all of you we should sent him an e-mail and at this thing get something in writing to thank him for his extra ordinary efforts to have this happen.I guess a big thank you card signed by all of us and just for once forget whatever other reasons you may have and thank the CSA as an organization and Kevan in particular. Heck why not invite him as well,that would be great,or at least sent him an invitation.I assure you this will go a long way!

The duke of york.....if anyone has been to a lynx game with us back in the day they would know, or heck canada/mexico we went to the duke... its basically the offical bar of the toronto ultras/u-sector/stinky old vees/netdx has sars union

also, its nice to see all these new guys interested in supporting the new club.

Archived