Toronto-area Voyageurs Get-Together

Gian-Luca

oh i forgot,

G-L, holy cow, i can't believe what you pointed out, my own sentiments. wow, seeing the Sting win twice in T.O., might as well be there home away from home for finals.

I always had my seats under the grandstand including Soccer Bowl'81. In varsity, we had seats close to the H-Block for the '84 season.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by torontosupport

[

Your assignments for study group on Sunday:

• Learn at least the chorus of "You'll Never Walk Alone".
  • Open an ING Direct savings account to set aside money for scarves.
  • Start singing loudly in the car, if not the workplace. Increase volume daily.

I have a few ideas that we will need to discuss at the meeting as well.

* Implementation of Fan-Voted End of Season Awards awarded to people who are not members of the MLS Toronto team. This will include the Dave Perkins Award to the player on teams that we face who whines the most to the Ref during Toronto MLS matches during a season, the Mike Del Grande Award to the Ref that makes the worst decisions at Toronto MLS matches during the season, as well as an award given out to the biggest moron fan of an opposing team in the stands. There are a few candidates to name this latter award after, as you can well imagine and we'll need to discuss this. Further awards can also be discussed.

* I'd like to see the Stalteri flipping the bird at McCown photo made into a T-Shirt, reproductions of which we all wear at "Meet the Media" night.

* Development of the music and lyrics to a new song I am writing for chant purposes, entitled "All of Canada Loves Toronto"

This is my first post on the voyagers forum and I would like to say that what you are doing is excellent for Canadian Football. Concerning the MLS team I am very excited indeed and I will try to get to Duke of York on NOvember 13th. We will definetly become the noisiest and most colourful fans in the MLS. We will have the greates atmosphere. Just a word of warning though, I have never been a Lynx fand and don't ever plan to be because the team is not accessible to me. I don't even really know where the stadium is, but I will definetly be a supporter of the MLS team in Toronto.

quote:Originally posted by CanadaLFC

This is my first post on the voyagers forum and I would like to say that what you are doing is excellent for Canadian Football. Concerning the MLS team I am very excited indeed and I will try to get to Duke of York on NOvember 13th.

Welcome to the board! We look forward to meeting you on the 13th if you can make it.

quote:

I have never been a Lynx fand and don't ever plan to be because the team is not accessible to me. I don't even really know where the stadium is, but I will definetly be a supporter of the MLS team in Toronto.

Totally understandable. Centennial "stadium" is very tough to find unless you get very specific directions - most people drive past it without even realizing that it's there! The new stadium at the Ex will be like day vs. night compared to Centennial.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Any chance that we will keep with tradition and do a similar outing around the holiday season as we have in the past?

Yeah, I'd be up for that. I'm in such a good mood about Canadian soccer that I want to party all the time, party all the time, party all the time..............

This is going to be very exciting guys. Can't wait for this club to come. We definetly need th atmosphere though. None of this "we will rock you" or "charge" business. We definetly need to beat Chicago fan-wise. How about forming a Toronto MLS Supporters Club ????

come to the meetign and all your questions will be answered. The U-Sector name will most likely remain just because it has history. The guys sat in Section U @ the old varsity stadium . come to the meeting and you will find out more thatn you think about U-Sector, MLS and soccer in Toronto in General. We also have topics of discussion about the U-SEctors section and what we plan on doing on the ultras front. so come one come all. A conversation online takes days to resolve while a conversation in person will takke 15 minutes.

There is nothing wrong with multiple supporters groups. Section 8 (Chicago) is the supporters stand and it includes several defferent groups. DC United have 3 big supporter groups: La Norte, Screaming Eagles and Barra Brava. LA has the LARS and the Galaxians.

Multiple supporter groups could foster a healthy rivalry and push the groups to be more active and creative. Just don't let it go overboard like the nut jobs at PSG (see link).

http://www.channel4.com/sport/french_football/nov2d.html

quote:Originally posted by CanadaLFC

This is going to be very exciting guys. Can't wait for this club to come. We definetly need th atmosphere though. None of this "we will rock you" or "charge" business. We definetly need to beat Chicago fan-wise. How about forming a Toronto MLS Supporters Club ????

What? You mean you don't think yelling "De-fence!" is sufficient chanting for a soccer agme?[:o)]

quote:Originally posted by Passive Observer

There is nothing wrong with multiple supporters groups. Section 8 (Chicago) is the supporters stand and it includes several defferent groups. DC United have 3 big supporter groups: La Norte, Screaming Eagles and Barra Brava. LA has the LARS and the Galaxians.

Multiple supporter groups could foster a healthy rivalry and push the groups to be more active and creative. Just don't let it go overboard like the nut jobs at PSG (see link).

Yes the fighting between the Paris St Germain ultras groups is ridiculous. It also gives the name Ultra a bad conection with the whole hooligan element. The Toronto Voyageur/U Sector group that emerges from the Nov 13 meeting must make sure that it maintains good relations with other supporters groups and team management.

quote:Originally posted by Passive Observer

lol, no not at all... we actually show up with a conservitive sign to every game just because it says "Blair for Change" because there is a guy named blair in the group..... but u can be what ever the hell you want...

And to be honest, i think 1 group is a good start.. we cant split up already, the more we split up the weaker all of us are. But thats just my opinion

Archived