Toronto-area Voyageurs Get-Together

Gian-Luca

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if people wanted a list for posterity's sake, the attendees (as far as I recall) were:

Myself

Jarrek

Grasshopper

sstacko

Ryan Keay

Sean Keay

Real Gooner

Franky

Varsity Tyler

john tv

Bill Spiers

Glenn (& a friend of his, Andrew, who isn't a poster here)

Ben Lauden

zacRWE

Metro

Rudi

TorontoSupport

dbailey62

Busan Boy

If I've missed anybody (other than Varsity Tyler's sister) please feel free to admonish me. Not a bad turnout with a few of the Ultras regulars out of town or unable to make it, and a few other people that said they wanted to come & couldn't make it.

Well, if people wanted a list for posterity's sake, the attendees (as far as I recall) were:

Myself

Jarrek

Grasshopper

sstacko

Ryan Keay

Sean Keay

Real Gooner

Franky

Varsity Tyler

john tv

Bill Spiers

Glenn (& a friend of his, Andrew, who isn't a poster here)

Ben Lauden

zacRWE

Metro

Rudi

TorontoSupport

dbailey62

Busan Boy

If I've missed anybody (other than Varsity Tyler's sister) please feel free to admonish me. Not a bad turnout with a few of the Ultras regulars out of town or unable to make it, and a few other people that said they wanted to come & couldn't make it.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Ben Lauden

Certainly is a good sign if we have someone of such infamy in our ranks. All we need is some kind of fatwa issued against another MLS team or city and we'll be well on our way to becoming an internationally recognised supporters group:D

quote:Originally posted by Franky

the ball is rolling very strong.

it was very encouraging to see the attendees that day and esp. the new faces. i hope their sentiments were the same.

lets make this work and prove all the naysayers wrong!! [:P][}:)][}:)][:X][:X]

I' for one am glad I came and met everyone. For anyone else who didnt come on Sunday, I recommend you get out to the Christmas get-together. If we keep doing this periodically we can have a large, strong group by 2007.

maybe start a new thread for this december meeting, once date is established and all...

I'll make sure my phone lines are cut come that weekend, and I'll make it...

don't know if you've done so or not, but maybe someone should start up some sort of list, maybe you've got one already... anyway should have your internet "handle" and whatever name you want to be called by off of the computer screen...

but who am I to suggest that? didn't even make this meeting...

We are such a diverse group it is amazing. met some guys that day who are not soccer players and very Canadian who just like the game.There are other ones who are just fascinating in their personalities and there are the ones that just want to be on a board, or want to be some body,just participate.

I think at the next bash we should have some kind of agenda and find out what each of us want to happen and find a way to get organized and a purpose more than this board.I saw some Ultra shirts there and I wonder if they have some type of organization and some rules.Should we consider making this more than a social get together. do we have organizers amongs us who can make things happen.I just find it a bit of a waste of time just to let this go by.Our voices could be heard,we could make a difference and we do represent the old numbers game.So I am suggesting should we consider this and could we come up with some ideas to get more organized. Just a thought guys.

Yah, there will be an agenda for the next one....its just i hadnt seen the old guys in a while that we just started chatting and then i met new guys who i wanted to get to know...

So the agenda was thrown out the window... but next one i SWEAR will be run in a chance to get htings organized...

Plus.... the banner/scarf guy (PLF) didnt show up so we couldnt talk about that either...

Anywho... next meeting will be organized trust me

Signed

Tifo King

quote:Originally posted by Franky

nice to meet the new faces rudi, metro, realgooner, zac, sstackho and great to see some old familiar ones too.

Luis, i personally wore my old Jomo Sono game jersey, with luv-handles and all. WTF, we need to send you a personal invite [B)]

I cordially invite Luis and other ptu's and ptv's to a gathering of "the Dead Canadiana Soccer's Society" on Sunday, December 18, 2005 @ the Duke of York.

Sounds good to me.

db

Archived