Toronto-area Voyageurs Get-Together

Gian-Luca

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm... to be honest its alll over the map... anywhere from 40-18 really...

Im 22 on the 21st.. and my bro is 24 on the 6th (good god.. 22 ?!?!?!?)

But there are some older guys in there 30's and some younger pups in there teens.. so were really all over the map

yup I belive the youngest one is breakwood ( last year of highschool so that makes him what 17 I think) there is a bunch of guys in theier 20's ( myself) we have some guys in thier 30's and I think G-L, Freek kick and Blair are pushing 40's ;) heheheh or even 50's so its all over the map. Honestly i dont feel the age when I'm at games I speak to the older guys the same way i do to the youngers guys I show respect to ever person in our group. As for multiple groups, thats will only end up dividing us uin the end. SUre Chicago has the Mite Ditka Street Crew, Fire Ultras '98 ( they are making a comeback supposedly) the inner city firm, but they all sit in the same section and all fall uner one support4ers group SECTION 8 CHICAGO. Before we start to form our own little gorups we have to have one solid one. After we can do what we wants have 2-3 groups and each group can be responsible for the tifo and match presentation each given week. This is why we need people @ this meeting to streighten everything out. Age is the least of our worries.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

From the postings I'd say about 12 ;)

Considering as mentioned in an other thread that MLSE is aiming at the youth market(a la Lynx), I wonder just how welecome you guys will be with your Euro-Ultra Smoke bombs approach.

Here's DC's youth ultra group:

http://dcunited.mlsnet.com/MLS/dcu/load.jsp?section=fans&content=youth

They get special Freedy Adu bobblehead. Now that's MAJOR league! Those bastard Hartwells would never even think about something so cool!

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

G-L, you're just a young punk aren't you! .... and what's wrong with being 40?!

db

Nothing. There's nothing wrong with being Albanian either, but both cases don't actually apply to me at the present time.

Mind you, if this stadium deal didn't go through I was thinking of moving to Albania, as I understand they at least have a stadium there.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Nothing. There's nothing wrong with being Albanian either, but both cases don't actually apply to me at the present time.

Mind you, if this stadium deal didn't go through I was thinking of moving to Albania, as I understand they at least have a stadium there.

I was thinking of going to the Faroes. At least they get to play in Europe and once in a blue moon get a result!

00000312_Felagsmynd2.jpg

Ya, Im 23 right now... we are all diverse guys who love soccer and tifo! I know im always up for chanting and waving flags!

I also agre that we should start with one group, if MLS in Toronto takes off like I think it will, then others can create fanclubs... But I would say that we should all stick together and co-operate, especially if we want to be like "Section 8."

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62II was thinking of going to the Faroes. At least they get to play in Europe and once in a blue moon get a result!

I wouldn't do that if I were you. I watched the Switzerland at Faroe WCQ on TV. There were more swiss fans than locals, and even more empty seats than either group. This in a stadium that was in the 7-8K range.

quote:Originally posted by zacRWE

Ya, Im 23 right now... we are all diverse guys who love soccer and tifo! I know im always up for chanting and waving flags!

I also agre that we should start with one group, if MLS in Toronto takes off like I think it will, then others can create fanclubs... But I would say that we should all stick together and co-operate, especially if we want to be like "Section 8."

Yeah, not sure how we'd get around to doing it, but making our presense known enough in the "community" so that instead of someone wanting to make another support club or something, they would've already heard from this one...

It might be easier once everything starts rolling...

Once the team is announced and everything is set, I hope this makes front page news for the Toronto papers... it wouldn't hurt if MLSE pushed the Star or the Sun now would it, especially if there's nothing newsworthy... (eg. the Star putting a picture about the latest "surprise" scandal or the Sun probably putting a picture of the Hockey game)

quote:Originally posted by CanadaLFC

Damn, I may just be the youngest person on this board (I'm turning 17 in December). Looks can be deceiving though(A lot of people say I look 19-21).

Nah bud, there are younger people, including myself and aussoccerfan for sure and probably more.

I know, it's not something to be proud of exactly.

quote:Originally posted by morrison

Yeah, not sure how we'd get around to doing it, but making our presense known enough in the "community" so that instead of someone wanting to make another support club or something, they would've already heard from this one...

It might be easier once everything starts rolling...

Once the team is announced and everything is set, I hope this makes front page news for the Toronto papers... it wouldn't hurt if MLSE pushed the Star or the Sun now would it, especially if there's nothing newsworthy... (eg. the Star putting a picture about the latest "surprise" scandal or the Sun probably putting a picture of the Hockey game)

Ya Morrison, thats what were going to have to hope on. Once everything gets going, others will find there way to the stadium and hopefully to our "supporters section." I like the idea of stickers. Should be fun posting them everywhere!!! I guess we are getting ahead of our self. Lets see how the meeting goes, I hope everyone comes out so we can get the most out of it! :D

Once again come to the meetign to fins out alll :) hehe BUt yeah I hope all thoe who plan to be there opening day in '07 and have season tix will try to make as many lynx games as possible we can get to know eachother better and feel like friendspractice our chants se who can get what done etc. So 1 week away from the meeting were still all coming rite ?

quote:Originally posted by morrison

count me in as 1 new guy.

I'll see if anyone else would be seriously interested, but I'm the biggest "soccer" nut of my bunch.

Thats the same for most of us man, i try to bring friends out... but most of the time im ashamed to bring them to such a ****ty venue. But the magic weapon to get any friend out to a game is a case of lakeport honey :)

Theres a ton of people out there who love soccer but just are not interested in the whole Lynx thing. You may bash them as Eurosnobs, but they are passionate about the game (almost religiosly so) so u can understand why they shun a mediocre product. I have a bunch of friends who fall in this category. They just heard about the stadium and told me they wanted to go and watch the new MLS team just to see what its all about! Thats why its really important that we have a strong supporters group. If we can help to generate a really good atmosphere at the games that will go along way to convincing many sceptics that this is credible. That first impression is going to be crucial.

Interestingly enough, i may already have a potential advertiser/sponsor for the new MLS team in the midst. This product is now advertised on the Jumbotron at Teddy's Dome during Argosssssssss matches and are in discussion with the NLL Rock. This company has a critical meeting this week in the states with a major player that can literally accelerate their product, I got my fingers crossed for them.

Guys don't ask me who it is for the moment because i don't want to jeopardize any potential deals. all i know is, if things go as plan, soccer may have a decent backer for the future, one of the owners is a strong soccer fan. Also, i'm sure MLSE will have a strong contingent of sponsers and advertisers, but if i could help in the cause, i'm there. Remember, one time i brought these guys to Centennial Park (one of two potential sponsors) they looked at me like, WAS I SERIOUS??? pretty embarassing, to say the least. i hope now, things will change for the better and the club will have a strong financial foothold.

Archived