• Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

29.jpg

15.jpg

19.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

Those are the best in North America.... we gotta top that :)

I agree SeanKeay. Those guys are good, they set the bar. We have to raise the bar higher. Can you tell us how good their songs and chants are? Perhaps we can outdo them in that area if we can't really improve on their stadium displays....

I think they have a megaphone. I will have one for the Lynx games this year as well. They have a few drums as well these guys are just very loud. There is a strong Polish influence in Chicago and @ fire games the original ultras "Fire ultras '98" were a mixture of polish fans follwing different clubs back home and when MLS came to the windy city they formed FIRE ULTRAS '98. SO the feel is more central/easter European. Their flags are done by a guy from poland. I contacted him as well last year about lynx banner. He does practically all the flags in Poland and has one major competitor. He also does flags for Chech,and german teams. Heck even Rochester ordered 3 flags from this guy. I have his e-mail so well discuss this in detail @ the meeting.

quote:Originally posted by Polish_LYNX_Fan

I think they have a megaphone. I will have one for the Lynx games this year as well. They have a few drums as well these guys are just very loud. There is a strong Polish influence in Chicago and @ fire games the original ultras "Fire ultras '98" were a mixture of polish fans follwing different clubs back home and when MLS came to the windy city they formed FIRE ULTRAS '98. SO the feel is more central/easter European. Their flags are done by a guy from poland. I contacted him as well last year about lynx banner. He does practically all the flags in Poland and has one major competitor. He also does flags for Chech,and german teams. Heck even Rochester ordered 3 flags from this guy. I have his e-mail so well discuss this in detail @ the meeting.

This is very good PLF! If we're going to have an MLS team and we want to have lots of fun we might as well go all out and get the very best stuff available. And have a blast.

What you need is cheerleaders! Not the silicone types, but about four or five guys in front of the supporters sections with megaphones leading songs, cheers, flag waving and body movements. If you guys have watched highlights of Asian soccer - that is what makes their supporter groups so good.

In one of the photos it looks like Chicago has one guy that does it (The guy standing on the platform). Would be even stronger with multiple cheerleaders.

19.jpg

And i swear were not all wierd, just me and maybe mike.

I prefer the term "eccentric" or maybe "mad genius", as a matter of fact.

Anyway - we've got a long way to go, ladies and worms, if we're going to match up to Fire support standards and I'm not afraid to say it. Firstly, about 200 more people would help. Just to round out the ranks, as it were.

Secondly, we need...uh...er...ugh...what I already said. These u-sector folks are hardcore and that's no lie. Good songs, good volume, flags, etc...It just needs more. Lots more.

Anyone and everyone in the Greater Rusty Horseshoe area who wants to watch real soccer and support like real maniac fans should attend the practice celebratory get-together on the 13th.

Um, now if I could only get that guy who singlehandedly charged the Rochester bus half-nude to attend, we'd be getting somewhere.

Your assignments for study group on Sunday:

• Learn at least the chorus of "You'll Never Walk Alone".
  • Open an ING Direct savings account to set aside money for scarves.
  • Start singing loudly in the car, if not the workplace. Increase volume daily.

I actually think DC has better support than Chicago, but its close. When I watch MLS games, I think DC has more impact, but that may be because they're across from the cameras all along the far side and get more screen time (and when they have the stand bouncing it's pretty impressive). Chicago has great volume, but they're not on screen as often behind the goal (though when they were in the corner for two MLS cup finals, they were particularly impressive).

Perhaps a case to be made about being on the side? Up to you guys I guess. Good luck with getting numbers out. I think it will evolve over the first season unless you can establish an area before the first season and get the word out . . .

cheers,

matthew

quote:

Your assignments for study group on Sunday:

• Learn at least the chorus of "You'll Never Walk Alone".
  • Open an ING Direct savings account to set aside money for scarves.
  • Start singing loudly in the car, if not the workplace. Increase volume daily.

Leave "You'll Never Walk Alone" for Liverpool supporters and come up with something original.

There needs to be a gameplan to recruit members. Why not shoot for 1,000 by opening day (There must be at least 1,000 miserable, angry people in greater Toronto). Do it Jehovas Witness style if need be:D or even Amway[:P]

YNWA is used all over europe.... and i believe could be used.. tho the littlest hobo song makes me shed a tear from time to time

THERE'S A VOICE,

THAT KEEPS ON CALLING ME.

DOWN THE ROAD,

IS WHERE I'LL ALWAYS BE.

EVERY STOP I MAKE,

I'LL MAKE A NEW FRIEND.

CAN'T STAY FOR LONG, JUST TURN AROUND AND I'M GONE AGAIN.

MAYBE TOMORROW, I'LL WANNA SETTLE DOWN,

UNTIL TOMORROW, I'LL JUST KEEP MOVING ON

DOWN THIS ROAD, THAT NEVER SEEMS TO END,

WHERE NEW ADVENTURE, LIES JUST AROUND THE BEND

SO IF YOU WANNA JOIN ME FOR A WHILE,

JUST GRAB YOUR HAT, COME TRAVEL LIGHT,

THAT'S HOBO STYLE.

MAYBE TOMORROW, I'LL WANT TO SETTLE DOWN,

UNTIL TOMORROW, THE WHOLE WORLD IS MY HOME

THAT'S HOBO STYLE.

UNTIL TOMORROW, I'LL JUST KEEP MOVING ON.

Instrumental Bridge

THERE'S A WORLD, THAT'S WAITING TO UNFOLD,

A BRAND NEW TALE, NO ONE HAS EVER TOLD,

WE'VE JOURNEY'D FAR BUT, YOU KNOW IT WON'T BE LONG,

WE'RE ALMOST THERE AND WE'VE PAID OUR FARE, WITH THE HOBO SONG.

THAT'S HOBO STYLE.

MAYBE TOMORROW I'LL FIND WHAT I CALL HOME,

UNTIL TOMORROW, YOU KNOW I'M FREE TO ROAM.

Hey, that was back in my hay day when i was black and had dreads.. good find ed.

Thanks for the clarification. Didn't want to pull a Gerry Dobson pbp and identify you as Polish Lynx Fan so I withheld the caption.

Archived