Grandfather of all Canucks Abroad, 2003 -05

Gian-Luca

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Could somebody explain the status of Rhian Dodds, Stathios Kapos, & Marco Reda? Who is eligible to play for Canada?

All three of these players are eligible for Canada. Dodds and Reda have already represented Canada at the youth and Olympic levels respectively. I believe Frank Yallop had a look at Kapos earlier this year at a camp in Florida. He might consider calling up some of these guys again for the now meaningless match with Guatemala.

Did anyone see this? Is this old news?

DARLO OFFER CANADIAN TRIAL

Darlington have handed a trial to Canadian defender Tyler Hughes.

The left-sided centre-half arrived at the Williamson Motors Stadium in time to watch the 4-0 win over Southend and trained with the Quakers on Monday.

The 23-year-old plays for A League outfit the Toronto Lynx and has represented his country at Under-20 level and in the Canadian Francophone Games.

Quakers assistant manager Mark Proctor said: "It'll take him a few days to settle in and get used to things and we'll have a good look at him over the next couple of weeks.

"He's got international pedigree and watching him on Monday he looked physically and technically fine."

• 1 month later...
quote:Emilio Bottiglieri has signed with Sapperton Rovers of the Vancouver Metro Soccer League. Look for him to make an effort at the Vancouver Whitecaps next season.

RJB: Thanks for the update. I think there were a number of Voyageurs (like me) who followed Mel's career in Scotland and were wondering about his whereabouts. I wish him well...

Good job, Sigma!

A future project might be to add positions (ie: "GK") and years of birth ( ie: "1984" ) , as I have the darnedest time keeping track of those things in doing the mental manueverings.

How about adding a "Northern Ireland" part:

Ian Mannus, GK, 198?, Linfield (1) (Youth)

Vincent Stewart, MF, 198?, Glentoran (1)

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1205

As well, until he decides whether to play for N. Ireland or Canada, why not include:

Czech Republic

Paul Munster, F, 1986, Slavia Prague (1)

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5152&SearchTerms=Paul+Munster

I belive the test is whether they are still eligible to play for Canada, is it not?

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Paul Munster, F, 1986, Slavia Prague (1)

I belive the test is whether they are still eligible to play for Canada, is it not?

But is Munster eligible? After asking this question a few times without getting a response, I did my own digging. It seems he came to Canada only to coach and play soccer. I've seen no mention of family ties nor of citizenship.

Archived