4. Russel Huggons

• 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
  • Qatar Tifo Fund Raiser

Please help out! 

Check it out here. 

https://www.thevoyageurs.org/store/product/73-qatar-2022-tifo-fund-raiser/

• FIFA World Cup 2022 - Qatar

• Tuchel says he’ll probably rest Mazraoui this weekend so he’s fully fit for the leg in Madrid, so I guess no Davies there either. I must say, all of this Bayern talk about their new coach really puts everything into perspective with how we’re conducting our hiring process- it’s so bleak. They’ve been rejected by Xabi, Ragnick, I believe Nagelsmann rejected a reunion- I mean one of the biggest clubs on earth can’t seem to get a manager on their tier to come to them. I think even Tuchel said that since they’ve already agreed to part ways, it’s final, he doesn’t want to come back even if they changed their mind.
    • ^ A successful League 1 requires density of population and of soccer participation. This exists in the GTA (is there a single L1O premier league team further than one hour from Toronto?) and Ligue 1 Quebec (all but the Ottawa team are from Montreal + suburbs, as far as I can tell?) These leagues may have given some chances to players toiling in the more local "beer leagues" to show their talents. I'm not so sure the model can do all that much for the rest of the country, where geography and population densities make playing in a potential League 1 less convenient and not much more desirable than the current city or provincial league setup.  Would playing for a team in the MMSL premier division be really all that much worse than playing against the same Winnipeg players in a League 1 Prairies team with a road trip or two to Saskatchewan each year? Other than a potential one-off Canadian Championship match every half dozen years, what's to be gained here? Aside from financial cost, there are major lifestyle costs to moving to a model where travel to opponents is 5-10 hours away, as would be the case in the prairies or Maritimes (or with exansion to further afield cities in BC, Ontario and Quebec).   As an aside, this will be a further leg up for CPL cities in these areas, as for financial and lifestyle reasons it is much more feasible to earn peanuts playing in the CPL if one doesn't have to uproot oneself and move halfway across the country.  I'm not saying this is a bad thing, as more opportunities Canadian soccer talent overall is great but it seems very unlikely to be spread evenly. 
    • They waiting for a better offer?  We are a month and a half away!!
    • Where did the money come from to pay coaches these decent wages?
    • Yes, I got a similar message after getting a ticket in the Voyageurs section.